• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo 3DS Winter 2014 Bonus Game Promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    i just received this email from Nintendo. I'm not sure if it's been posted before or if it's a UK or Europe exclusive event. Just thought I'd let you know

Nintendo 3DS Winter 2014 Bonus Game Promotion

Crisp winter nights are coming – the perfect time for snuggling up with a game – so the Nintendo 3DS Winter 2014 Bonus Game Promotion is sure to appeal if you're looking to expand your game collection for the colder months!

It works like this:

1 – Register

Register a Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL and one of the eligible games with Club Nintendo by 23:59 (UK time) on January 12th 2015, and fill out the software registration survey.

Eligible software:

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
    Pokémon Omega Ruby
    Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
    Pokémon Omega Ruby Limited Edition SteelBook™
    Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Limited Edition SteelBook™

Please note: the registration of eligible hardware and software which are distributed as a bundle also qualifies for participation in this promotion.

2 – Request

Request the free download code: log in to Club Nintendo 24 hours later, click the Promotion banner and choose which of the eligible games you wish to receive a download code for.

The download code request must be completed by 23:59 (UK time) on February 12th 2015. The download code will be sent to you via email to the email address registered in your Club Nintendo account within 48 hours.

It is not possible to change your game choice once you have requested a download code. Club Nintendo members whose age is below the age rating of a game cannot request a download code for that game.

3 – Download

The download code can be used to download the chosen game from Nintendo eShop to your Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL.

The download code expires at 23:59 (UK time) on March 12th 2015.

For further information regarding this promotion, please refer to the Terms & Conditions on our website or at the bottom of this email.

Your Nintendo team

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Awesome! They did this with Mario Kart 8 iirc. I'd most probably get Mario Party since that's one of the games I've been wanting to buy for some time now.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2014
    I'm looking to get a 3ds soon along with OR/AS when they come out so this is awesome news. However I was looking at trying to save some cash by buying a pre-owned 3ds, so do you think I would be able to register it again if someone else already has? Either way it's a cool deal and I would probably choose zelda.

Years
  • I'm looking to get a 3ds soon along with OR/AS when they come out so this is awesome news. However I was looking at trying to save some cash by buying a pre-owned 3ds, so do you think I would be able to register it again if someone else already has? Either way it's a cool deal and I would probably choose zelda.

I registered a used 2ds the other day and I did not receive any coins nor does it say its registered. So probably not.

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
    Years
  • oooh i hope this is for the united states. i've been wanting to get yoshi's new island and mario party for a while now. (mostly mario party since i heard it was good)

isael-21

Just a computer guy
    Years
  • Sorry guys (in the US), this is for UK, it's in the UK Nintendo website.

I figured as soon as I saw Pokemon Art Academy as it hasn't been released in the US just yet.

All those games have been out for a little while now. Nintendo is just trying to make Nintendo 3DS sales even bigger so that maybe they could match up or surpass DS sales and what not.

That's my theory anyway.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022
    I'm looking to get a 3ds soon along with OR/AS when they come out so this is awesome news. However I was looking at trying to save some cash by buying a pre-owned 3ds, so do you think I would be able to register it again if someone else already has? Either way it's a cool deal and I would probably choose zelda.

Yeah you can but you have to deregister it first. I can't remember how I did mine, but I followed instructions on the Nintendo forums.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022
    Thanks for the info! I'll definitely have a look around the web and see what I can find :)

You're welcome. I remember it was ridiculously complicated and different depending on your region. I think it was also something to do with the serial number.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • It's always crappy how you have to buy a 3DS to be eligible for these things. Last time with X and Y I bought a 3DS for my boyfriend, so it worked out nicely. No reason to buy a 3DS now lol

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Saddened its not us... :( oh well im still getting Oras :)

Years
  • So this thread isn't really about ORAS or Pokemon games necessarily, so I'm going to hand it over to our wonderful trio of VG moderators. Enjoy your new thread, pals!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Thanks Pepper! Sorry to say to you all though, we've already got a 3DS discussion thread here! You're all welcome to hop over there to continue this discussion (it's probably already being discussed).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back