• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Direct 11.13.2013

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Did anyone watch today's Nintendo Direct? If so, what do you think of it? Are you opting to get the titles that were announced?

Nintendo 3DS News

• YouTube will be launching this month for Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo 3DS owners with a broadband Internet connection will be able to watch all their favorite YouTube content on the go, browsing on the bottom screen while viewing on the top screen.
    • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
      • Today, Nintendo showed a new trailer for the game, and the first of four 15-second mini-trailers for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds debuted on Nintendo's Instagram page.
      • Nintendo detailed a number of characters, including Irene and her magic broom; Seres, who is trapped in a painting; and Gramps, who can help facilitate battles with other players encountered via StreetPass. Also: Milk Bar confirmed!
      • On Nov. 22, a new Nintendo 3DS XL bundle will launch at a suggested retail price of $219.99 that includes Nintendo 3DS XL hardware with gorgeous gold-and-black coloring and the iconic Triforce on the exterior, as well as a download code for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.
      • The game launches in stores and in the Nintendo eShop on Nov. 22 at a suggested retail price of $39.99.
    • Exclusive SpotPass Content at Nintendo Zone Locations: Anyone with a Nintendo 3DS who visits a Nintendo Zone location can receive StreetPass Mii Plaza data from the last six players to visit that location. Exclusive SpotPass content will be available at Nintendo Zone locations in November for Nintendo 3DS owners who also own the following games, including: Mario Party: Island Tour: The game offers seven new game boards and 80 new mini-games, including some that use the motion controls of Nintendo 3DS, and the ability for four Nintendo 3DS owners to play all multiplayer game content with only one copy of the game via Download Play. The single player Bowser's Tower has players playing through 30 floors of mini-games, with a boss battle every fifth floor. Additionally, players also can engage with other players who also have the game in StreetPass mini-game competitions. The game launches in stores and in the Nintendo eShop on Nov. 22 at a suggested retail price of $39.99.
      • An Animal Crossing: New Leaf raccoon wall clock is available until Nov. 14.
      • An Animal Crossing: New Leaf cat tower available Nov. 15-28.
      • An Animal Crossing: New Leaf rolling suitcase available Nov. 29-Dec. 12.
      • A Super Mario 3D Land Mystery Box starting Nov. 22.
    • The new Kirby game for Nintendo 3DS has a name: Kirby: Triple Deluxe. More information about the game will be announced in the future.
    • Bravely Default: A Collector's Edition of the game will be available exclusively at select retailers. The bundle includes the game, an art book, a soundtrack CD and 34 augmented-reality cards. The Collector's Edition and standard version of the game both launch on Feb. 7.
    • Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy: The final game in the second Professor Layton trilogy launches in stores and in the Nintendo eShop on Feb. 28.
    Wii U News

• Super Mario 3D World: Nintendo announced new information about Super Mario 3D World, including the ability to play as Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy, a Luigi Bros.bonus game that is more easily accessed for players who have New Super Luigi U save data on their systems and Captain Toad levels, which challenge players to collect five stars without jumping.
    • Pikmin 3 Downloadable Content: On Dec. 2, a third round of new Mission Mode stages is on the way that challenges players to lead their Pikmin efficiently to complete as many tasks as possible within the time limit. The eight new stages that will be available for purchase include four "Collect Treasure" stages and four "Battle Enemies" stages with locations as varied as beaches, the inside of someone's house during a party, a construction site and a mysterious factory. In one stage players can control Captain Olimar, the main character from Pikmin and Pikmin 2. Louie even makes an appearance. The third round of Pikmin 3 Mission Mode downloadable stages will be available in the Nintendo eShop for $4.99. A software update is required to play the new stages. People who update their software will receive one "Collect Treasures" stage and one "Battle Enemies" stage for free.
    • Animal Crossing Plaza: The Wii U gathering place for Animal Crossing fans is being upgraded with two new features:
    • After users perform a software update, they can customize their Miiverse posts using 50 different Animal Crossing stamps.
    • Users can combine multiple stamps or add hand-drawn messages to decorate posts they have already stamped. They can even partially erase a stamp and redraw it any way they like.
    • Nintendo is also adding a ranking feature to display the results of monthly polls. November's question is "Who would make the best secretary?" and December's theme will be "Who is the neighbor of the year?"
    • Additional features, including the ability to register and interact with your town residents, are also being added.
    • YouTube Application Update: After users perform a software update, they will be able to use the YouTube application to watch videos on the GamePad controller or search for YouTube content while another video is playing on the TV.
    • Wii Fit U: A free trial of the game is available in the Nintendo eShop now through Jan. 31. Wii U owners with a Wii Balance Board accessory and a broadband Internet connection can download the trial and play it for free for 31 days. Users can make the trial permanent by buying and syncing a Fit Meter to the software. Fit Meter accessories are available

Annnd a few more, but I can't think of it. Anyways, again, for those of you who watched it, what did you think?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    3D World is looking as good as ever. I don't really care for Rosalina, but more playable characters are always welcome (Still, the lack of online co-op is egregious oversight). The Miiverse support on the 3DS is very late, but is still welcome.

The unified account should've came around a good few year ago with the DS and Wii, but these are steps towards Nintendo actually having tolerable on-line functionality.

Years
  • Gonna watch it in a bit, I am excited for Zelda at the end of this month (as we speak I am playing a Link to the Past) And I need some more games for my Wii U so Mario 3D World I cannot wait for.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Updated the OP with the Nintendo Direct roundup! I'm awfully excited to get Bravely Defult, since I've always wanted to get that game ever since listening to it's soundtrack.. it's quite amazing, and looks fun to play!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Hell yeah more 3D World news! Mario Kart? Nice! Puzzle levels? Nice! And of course the 5th playa-

wait what
    the ability to play as Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy
    NINTENDO
    YOU HAD ONE JOB
    Nintendo Direct  11.13.2013

ONE JOB

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I was actually looking forward to finally get to know the publisher of Shin Megami Tensei IV and it's release date since the same dude who did the direct also announced that the game will be coming to Europe later this year, maximum disappointment.

At least i'm happy about the Bravely Default's demo, at least one good thing.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    His name is Satoru Shibata and he is a good man.

Although it is funny that there was no mention of SMTIV at ALL. Good thing I'm burned out on the series or I'd be pissed.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Wait, you mean it's not out over there yet? I've had my copy for over a month.
    Yep. It's typical that Europe gets the short end of the stick when it comes to SMT games anyway. It took like, 10 months since the US release for us to get Nocturne over here.

iirc the shortest release gap between the US and EU for an SMT game was Persona 4 Golden. November 2012 for USA, February 2013 for us Europeans.
    I gave up hope after all the Persona 4 Arena fiasco anyway, and just burned out.

Hey at least we get Bravely Default first...something I don't really care for. Heh. I'd rather Mario Party and I'm sure I'm alone lol.

Back