• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo DS and Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2011
    I have a question... but with the new Nintendo DS, we must have another time all pokemon remakes?
    Or the trade in possible between Gameboy SP and Nintendo DS games?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Nintendo have made it quite clear that the DS isn't the successor to the GBA. It is meant to be an alternative option to the GBA and it's successor. The next GameBoy generation would almost definately be backwards compatible with the GBA.

ArchAngel

I also answer to "Hey sexy"
    Years
  • taht's cool then nintendo is still thinking up the next gen-GBA? woah... I thought that the DS was the next GBA but nintendo more than likely will release a couple of PKMN games for DS.

:fr: Deoxyman :fr:

mrdeaddoll

*Rawr!*
    Years
  • I have a feeling something is going to come into play with the Nintendo DS being able to play GBA games, like put your Ru/Sa/Fr/Lg cart into the GBA slot, then put the new Pokemon DS game in the DS slot. Just a hunch.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The DS will have a slot to put GBA games in it. And it will more than likely be the next GameBoy.

- .] 5cếpt?lế }} +

bedroom eyes
    Years
  • nintendo has made it clear that the ds isnt the gameboy successor in announcements and by lowering the sp price to widen the price gap, theyre already working on a machine with ps2(psp) quality graphics. ds isnt portable enough by modern standards to be called gameboy anyway (but neither is the sp to me)

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • DS will have two game slots, a GBA game slot and a DS game slot, so it's fully back-compatible. And there's rumours that for DS games, you'll be able to add hardware extensions that slot into the GBA slot so the functionality of DS games is increased.

Dark MewTwo

Im scyther *the spriter*
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2004
    but gonbe was anconce in nintendo magazine to be part of the new pokemon generation so i say it isnt a fake

Bakura-kun

I AM the darkness... :P
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    The DS has 2 slots - one for DS games and one for GBA/GB games. The DS can obviously access both at the same time, coz ninty's making Pok?mon Dash capable of connecting to Emerald. So, what if you could have the next gen pok?mon ds game in the DS slot, and you also have, say, FireRed in the GBA slot, and you can switch between the 2 by pressing a button? That's what I think. :P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • GREAT NEWS!!!

Well, this thread should be moved once Kairi's sorted it with Steve, but Nintendo of Japan have announced new games for the 4th generation!!! And they're for DS!!!

The first is a set of games called Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (NOT platinum as other sites have being going around... well, at least not to my translating skills), and will be the fourth generation of the classic RPG of which we've come to know and love.

The second is a racing game called Pokemon Dash, and is compatible with Pokemon Emerald. Up to 6 people can play simultaeosuly, and uses the stylo pad thing to drive Pokemon in race cars around a track. By putting in an Emerald cartridge, you can unlock more tracks and more Pokemon to race with,

Isn't this so exciting? XD Hopefully the new forum should be set up when Kairi's finished having words with Steve...

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • Uh, new forums may wait some time. ^_^

(You talk to Abby about it?)

And they do seem to be quite a hit... can't wait to see what they're like. =X

Back