• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Nintendo DS Pokemon Pearl on a plane

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2009
    i am going on a plane this week and wanted to take my DS and Pokemon Pearl. But i am unsure whether the Wi-Fi or any other wirelss functions of the DS would interfere with the plane's electronics like a mobile phone would?
    thanks in advance

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • Um, I'm not exatcly sure, but I think it would probably act the same as a mobile phone. But I'm not 100% sure, so don't go off what I tell you :>

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
    Years
  • as far as i know, it depends on the airline. ill be going to australia soon, and want to know myself. when i went to south africa last year, they allowed gameboys and PSPs and stuff, but some dont :/

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    It's any electronical equipment, to my knowledge… but the only time you'd be able to play it is when the seat belt signs are off. It was the same with the gameboy / pocket when I was younger. Also I don't know about them banning it… I guess you gotta check with the companies… best thing would be to put them in your suitcase and suffice with chatter with family / friends. I guess this would be the same with mp3 players too huh? Dx

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Well the wifi function wouldn't work because planes don't have wifi hotspots...

But I was allowed to use my DS when I flew back from America in January

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    of course you can use it.. 80 percent of the 9/11-measures are bullsh*t anyway

Years
  • As long as you don't use any of the wireless connection stuff it's fine. Even if you turn the wireless features on that *could* (note, could) cause problems. End of the day nobody knows but they do know it could cause problems, and that's enough to ban it.

This has been the case since long before 9/11 aswell, 9/11 has only hightened Airport security from what i've seen. Apart from when they have red alert moments and go Omega Parnoia.

Years
  • If you don't have the WiFi on, it might be okay...check with an air host/ess before you play. I was tempted to take mine to TnT, but it's only a six hour flight and I read a book instead. ^^

gilgaland

Who Ate all the cheese
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2010
    :P its fine i used the whole of pictochat so dont use it while u r taking or landing.....have a gd journey

speedhost101

Electric pokemon master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2008
    You can take it, but I'm not sure weather you will be allowed to play it.And even though I don't think wi-fi would work anyway, don't use it.

MegaMushroom07

Animal Crossing Most-Wanted
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    Well, I am considered myself quite an expert in such matters, and I say that the DS's wireless capabilities are not strong enough to knock out any electrical equipment. Best to check with the airline anyway, and not to use the wireless options. You couldn't play online in an aircraft anyway.

Incidentally, I once saw a homebrew application that resembles a bomb. It counts down and has some form of arabic on it.

Love to see someone being caught with that on a plane.

Back