• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo DSi

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I bet that they're not going back after making such a change. The whole point was to save space. Considering they always want to make the systems smaller, it won't happen.

Furthermore, they're gradually out dating their previous systems. Just like what happened with the loss of GBC support with the Game Boy Micro, we shouldn't be seeing the GBA slot anymore after this. Plus, they stopped producing GBA games ages ago anyway.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I was reluctant to get a DS Lite for the longest time, but I did actually want one.

I caved in because of the limited edition one that had a Triforce on it. I justified it by telling myself that if I have a system and my brother has a system (the old Phat).

But...I really don't want the DSi and have nothing to justify a purchase with. DSiWare is not a big enough deal to me to warrant buying the same system for a third time. If I didn't have the Lite then I may have picked it up. But three of the same system? No way.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    I've got a DSi already, (I imported one back in November) and it's nevertheless entertaining to use the new features. But I think if your happy with your DS or DSlite then the DSi isn't worth buying. But.... I'm still going to buy the blue one in English too anyways.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    What kind of games do you think will be produced for the DSi? I think a couple based on camera's and stuff will be released which would be awesome.
    Since we already have a "general" DSi thread, I've merged the game speculation thread into this one. It just makes more sense to keep it all under one thread than to have people possibly repeating themselves in both. This should give this thread a bit more discussion other than vaguely explained yes or no answers. :3

On that note, the double post there is okay by me so please don't report it, people.

Vie

Years
    I love my DSl, I keep it.... I don't think its good that there are so much new versions. The next idea might change the game slot and you can't play GBA games anymore...changing the slots was horrible enough for the GBC games... ;_;

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I'm more happy with my DS lite. The DSi is starting to copy the PSP a little.
    I also don't want the DSi due to lack of a GBA slot. All it has that is new is a camera. You could buy Nintendo DS browser then your on the internet on your DS. Want more information https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/dslite/browser.jsp#requirements
    ^ Click the link above it will take you to nintendo.com It has a whole ton of info on The nintendo DS browser.

Last edited:

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    No, the DSi has more than a camera and an internet browser. It has has a DSi Shop Channel. In Japan, they already have some DSiWare, one of which is a WarioWare title, I'm hoping soon they'll put old GameBoy & GameBoy Color games on there, some of which could use the wireless to link up, such as Pokemon Yellow or Pokemon Crystal.

I don't like that it lacks a GBA slot, but if it ends up getting its own Virtual Console, that makes it more than worth it to me.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    My plan, like most others, is to wait for the price to drop.

I'm working extra hard for more demanding stuff like a guitar or Ipod, but maybe the DSi can change my mind. Who knows?

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
    Years
    Nintendo DSi???

So who's getting the Nintendo DSi
    I want to so bad
    I heard you can take/edit photo's, you can listen to music, browse the internet, and play DS, and GBA games still.
    If anybody has any other information on it please post it here.
    And if your getting it tell me why?
    I'm curious

Romeo_Delight.exe

ロミオの歓喜!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    No.
    I don't find it necessary to waste money on a smaller DS with a camera when I have a working DS in near perfect condition :P

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Yeah, I'm honestly seeing no point in getting this, especially since it's not CycloDS compatible.

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I'm gonna get it but mostly because i dropped my DS lite and it broke but the camera will get alot of people to but it.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I'm gonna keep my trusty old DS phat, the lack of GBA slot on the DSi and the somewhat brittle looking exterior is kind of disconcerting.

Back