• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo DS's pictochat

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    You have to be within a certain distance. I'm not sure, but I think it's 100 feet.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I think it's 100 feet or something, but it's less if there's a wall or something. It was kinda cool, though, because the other day I played it with with my friends in the room next door at school.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    It's anywhere between 30 to 100 feet. I suppose it would depend on your surroundings and any obstacles (such as solid walls, windows, etc) in the way of the consoles.

Anyway, I've used it and it's pretty fun. Mind you, it's fairly useless since most of the time you're sitting right next to the person you're chatting with anyway, but... that doesn't stop me. xD

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
    Years
    Ive used it.. but only with people near me, it will be better when the DS becomes online!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    It is pretty pointless at the moment since people need to be nearby for it to work. It's always funny insulting them through PictoChat though XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I've also used it. Me and my brother both have a DS.
    It's 100 feet for it to work.

And like said before, it's kind of useless. I mean why spend like 2 mins typing up one line when you can just say it a lot quicker. XD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Lightning said:
    It's anywhere between 30 to 100 feet. I suppose it would depend on your surroundings and any obstacles (such as solid walls, windows, etc) in the way of the consoles.

Anyway, I've used it and it's pretty fun. Mind you, it's fairly useless since most of the time you're sitting right next to the person you're chatting with anyway, but... that doesn't stop me. xD
    We had a chat of PC PMs, MSN Web Messenger, the Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen chat and I think possibly email (as well as plain old speech since we were sitting next to each other) going at once, remember? Lol

Anyway, yes. As it's been said before, it's 100 feet for PictoChat. Some of the games use a different amount for multiplayer (ie. Pokemon Dash with 30 feet).

PIM (basically more PDA-like features) is supposedly planned for the DS (in the form of something called the V-Pocket). Nintendo has also stated that it has something on the way for the DS, mentioning PictoChat at the same time. Best guess is that the DS is finally getting hooked up to the WiFi and we're getting online PictoChat and other things. (in other words... good)

Back