• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo has 2nd Zelda game planned!!!!

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    There was always plans for another Zelda game for only the Wii. Considering The Twilight Princess was truly meant for the GameCube, a Wii Zelda exclusive was immanent.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    There was always plans for another Zelda game for only the Wii. Considering The Twilight Princess was truly meant for the GameCube, a Wii Zelda exclusive was immanent.
    I wouldn't use the word 'imminent' when it comes to the new Wii Zelda game though. I doubt we'll be playing that for 2-3 years easily yet.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    We've known about the new game long before we knew TP was going on the Wii.
    *Coughknown about that story up there for sometimecough*

But like Dawson said, it'll be sometime before we see another Zelda come out (after Phantom Hourglass). LoZ games are great games, and I don't think Nintendo is going to flood the market with them (TP this year, PH, next year, new Zelda the year after that, some new handheld Zelda a year after that and so on and so on).

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    We had long period seperating LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA, and of course...OoT.

And then with the success of OoT, Nintendo seems to have released more true Zelda game than they have Mario games.

The series' rival would be Final Fantasy. Both have about the same amount of titles in them. But Zelda was up to five games when FF was up to seven. Zelda's caught up and is on the way to surpassing it.

I love Zelda games, but I do think that they are kind of milking it now. Could've done without the Four Swords sub-series (as much as I love TMC) and possibly the Oracle Series. Or...having OoT rereleased twice in such a short period of time (or having the original LoZ on Collector's Edition, GBA, Animal Crossing, and VC in such a short period of time).

Regardless, I'm glad this title is on the way. Development started in 2005 before TP was even ported to the Wii. There should be some time before this is released. For starters, Phantom Hourglass is due late next year (and we haven't even had Tingle RPG yet). All Zelda games come in pairs:

LoZ / AoL
    ALttP / LA
    OoT / MM
    OoS / OoA
    FSA / TMC
    TWW / PH
    TP / ???

This next title should be a follow up to TP. However, unlike MM, they can't (or shouldn't) reuse most of TP's resources. It's a true Wii game (not a port). The graphics should be better, the audio should be improved, etc. It'll probably be a modification of the same engine (they've been using this engine since OoT O_O I really wouldn't mind if they started from the ground up). It should also be very different, control-wise, from past Zelda-games.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I wouldn't use the word 'imminent' when it comes to the new Wii Zelda game though. I doubt we'll be playing that for 2-3 years easily yet.
    Well I know these aren't exactly 100% reliable sources, but most gaming blogs like GoNintendo and Joystiq said that it was sooner than we thought, like instead of 2-3 years it could be more like a little more than a year to two years.

Edit: Actually the info came from Game Informer Magazine

Read here:

https://gonintendo.com/?p=10174

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2006
    That's Cool..................

EDITED BY TRIFORCE89: ... I'm guessing you filled up your post with dots to meet the character count? If you don't have enough to contribute to begin with, adding dots certainly doesn't improve it in any way. Please try to add more substance to your posts in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back