• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo is Falling Apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeleon

The Lovable Goof
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    If this is in the wrong place please forgive me.

Ok this all has to do with a little argument me and my cousin had. You see me and my cousin both started out with Nintendo. Except now my cousin has passed on to XBOX. Me, I've come to really enjoy Playstation but I still equally enjoy Nintendo, I'm equal with Nintendo and Sony. Now my cousin says Nintendo is falling apart, but I don't agree. Sure they're not doing as well as they could but they surely are not falling apart. I need some info I can give me cousin to prove to him that Nintendo is no falling apart and they are doing well with what they do.

Steeleon

The Lovable Goof
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    He knows about all of them, he owns a DS too. He just things that because Nintendo isn't doing all the stuff like Sony and Microsoft that they are falling apart, and I try to tell him that Nintendo is doing good but he just doesn't listen.

Casual Billy

Wargreymon: Miracle Mega
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    Uh..... dude, hello. Nintendo is not falling apart. What about the DS, the Revolution and another Game Boy on the way. Those are some pretty big systems. Where has your cousin been?

Unless you're talking about the GameBoy Micro, there's no new GameBoy per se. The DS was a disappointment to many people with a weak game lineup and not but two or so good uses for the touch screen. Revolution...no one knows what it looks like, what kind of power it will have, exactly what kind of companies are developing for it, it needs an attachment to play DVDs, etc...

If not falling apart, close to it.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Heh,

I also used to think Nintendo is falling apart, but you see Nintendo's new president just has a twisted way of thinking. He tries too hard to be just like Miyamoto (excuse me if I spelled his name wrong) the old president of Nintendo.

Anyways, Nintendo is now more focused on the games which really means they rather have people buy their system for the games instead of the console alone.

Hence why Nintendo is allowing all their old systems games on Revolution, making it a gamers paradise.

Dark Sora

Banned
    Years
    I guess Nintendo is sorta 'falling apart'. You can tell just by looking at the Game Boy Micro and Nintendo DS. They've run out of ideas. The only thing that's keeping them alive is the Nintendo Revolution. They're probobly hoping that Revolution is a big hit, so they dont die out, like Sega did. I, myself, am hoping the Revolution is as great as it seems.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Master Blaze said:
    Heh,

I also used to think Nintendo is falling apart, but you see Nintendo's new president just has a twisted way of thinking. He tries too hard to be just like Miyamoto (excuse me if I spelled his name wrong) the old president of Nintendo.

Anyways, Nintendo is now more focused on the games which really means they rather have people buy their system for the games instead of the console alone.

Hence why Nintendo is allowing all their old systems games on Revolution, making it a gamers paradise.
    I have to go to sleep. But I want to talk here. So, I'll wait till tomorrow.

But...

Miyamoto was never president of Nintendo! <<;

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Hehe sorry I was watching the press conference,

Hiroshi Yamauch was teh founder :P

Zero ex

Swordmaster
    Years
    Steeleon said:
    He knows about all of them, he owns a DS too. He just things that because Nintendo isn't doing all the stuff like Sony and Microsoft that they are falling apart, and I try to tell him that Nintendo is doing good but he just doesn't listen.

Really all nintendo things are good. But now the games that have been released for nintendo console and handhelds are pretty bad. I think this was nintendo?s worst year.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Nintendo has tons of fans, oodles of cash, and they are doing swell in Japan. They're not going anywhere soon.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Nintendo is not falling apart. No matter what anyone says. Does selling the most systems (the GBA) then any other system count as falling apart? Does making new systems count as falling apart? Does having plans for great games from big name Companies cound as falling apart? The only reason why everyone jumps up and goes "OMG Nintendo is dying!" is because now days they got competition. Competition that isn't someone they can push over with a single finger. Sega doesn't make systems anymore so a lot of their games goes to Nintendo.
    I know the DS game line up isn't good right now. But I don't know where some of you have been. Seen E3? Seen Nintendo name games like
    Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Metroid Prime, Viewtiful Joe, GoldenEye, Super Mario Bros, Age of Empires, Mega Man, Snowboard Kids, Sonic Rush. Them were just a few DS games at E3, there were far more DS games at E3 then that. Nintendo has some good games in store for the DS, it shouldn't be counted out just yet.
    And that's on a system most people say sucks. What about plans for GBA games? And GC games? The next Legend of Zelda got almost if not as much talk about it gonig around E3 as the PS3 and the XBox 360. Is that going on Nintendo that is "Falling Apart"?
    Is Nintendo falling apart? NO! It's just got a little competition now with Sony and Microsoft. But it doesn't mean it's going to die or fade away or anything like that. Nintendo has lasted for like 20 years. It's not going to die now with some hard core Nintendo fans out there. And the Revolution is going to be good with what little we heard about it and rumors going around about it.

billy5772 said:
    it needs an attachment to play DVDs
    Can you say X-Box? You need a remote to play DVDs. So you need an attachment just like the Rev.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    They made Micro not because they are falling apart, but with iPod being sucha craze why not capitalize on that market and make things small like the ipod?

I believe Revolution has a BUILT IN DVD attachment? And besides seriously DVD players are cheap who really needs one built in a system, I rather just have great games.

Nintendo seems to be back and better than ever, I honestly think PS3 and Xbox are going to focus so much in battling for the top spot that Nintendo is just going secretly tiptoe to the top.

If you think about it, would you rather buy a system whose games are 50 bucks or 60-70 bucks?

Gorosaurus

Too Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Feb 16, 2006
    Allstories said:
    Nintendo has tons of fans, oodles of cash, and they are doing swell in Japan. They're not going anywhere soon.

I'd say you know what you're talking about ;)

Yes, Nintendo is doing more than fine. They've posted a 900 million dollar profit for the last fiscal year. Over the lifespan of the N64 and Gamecube, Nintendo (Even being in 'dead last' as some might put it) has earned 4,900,000,000 in converted US currency. Sony's Playstation, on the other hand (Constantly considered on 'top') has earned 5,100,000,000 in that same amount of time. X-box has, of course, lost 3 billion (Just last year, though, they almost got out of the negative. Their plan eventually did take foot, though, as expected, only future consoles by MS would start possibly bringing in profit).

Nearly 5 billion is anything but bad, and that's with what.. 20% of the market? Of course, throw in 97% of the handheld market and it makes a lot more sense.

Yeah, Nintendo's doing just fine financially. Even if they become but a niche company, with almost a billion in raw profit (That means everything made even AFTER all employees and debts are paid), they are doing better than most companies could ever dream. You could cut their current stake in half.. no, in tenth. They'd still be doing very well.

Luckily for those that care more about the games and hardware than some Japanese guy's pocketbook, I'm happy to announce that their titles still keep me glued to the newsboards to this day. Yee hoody!

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Gorosaurus said:
    I'd say you know what you're talking about ;)

Yes, Nintendo is doing more than fine. They've posted a 900 million dollar profit for the last fiscal year. Over the lifespan of the N64 and Gamecube, Nintendo (Even being in 'dead last' as some might put it) has earned 4,900,000,000 in converted US currency. Sony's Playstation, on the other hand (Constantly considered on 'top') has earned 5,100,000,000 in that same amount of time. X-box has, of course, lost 3 billion (Just last year, though, they almost got out of the negative. Their plan eventually did take foot, though, as expected, only future consoles by MS would start possibly bringing in profit).

Nearly 5 billion is anything but bad, and that's with what.. 20% of the market? Of course, throw in 97% of the handheld market and it makes a lot more sense.

Yeah, Nintendo's doing just fine financially. Even if they become but a niche company, with almost a billion in raw profit (That means everything made even AFTER all employees and debts are paid), they are doing better than most companies could ever dream. You could cut their current stake in half.. no, in tenth. They'd still be doing very well.

Luckily for those that care more about the games and hardware than some Japanese guy's pocketbook, I'm happy to announce that their titles still keep me glued to the newsboards to this day. Yee hoody!

I can say one thing after reading that beautiful post, for any people pessimistic about Nintendo's future....

BOO ya!!!!!!!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Master Blaze said:
    They made Micro not because they are falling apart, but with iPod being sucha craze why not capitalize on that market and make things small like the ipod?
    I myself don't like the Micro (I got a GBA, SP and a DS I don't need a new one). Lots of people says it's not going to sell many. Well everyone said the same thing about the GBA SP (I even said it). And look how wrong everyone turned out to be. It sold and sold and sold. People went out and got the SP, I wanted one and I got it. The Micro may or may not do the same as the SP. But time will tell.

I would make a comment on Gorosaurus' post, but I think you done said a lot there. Good post.

Years
    mee nintendo is not falling apart -.- and yust like how they work there yust doing there own thing not like sony and microsoft bashing eachother the whole time who got the highest grahix power and more things like that etc.instead nintendo come with new ideas for gaming not get the highest graphix powerXDi read in the pu(on the greatest game magazines here) that on the revolution some games maybe will have 3d graphix like 3d movies taht you have to put up special glasses.that seems cool for meXD

TornadoDust

Pokemon Fan!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2005
    I dont think they are falling apart either.They have all those new things.

Years
    I'm not terribly interested in the GameBoy Micro, but there was plenty going on at E3(for the Nintendo systems) to keep me interested. The new Zelda managed to get me excited again. Fire Emblem:Path of Radiance I'm looking forward to. Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros., Snowboard Kids, Nintendogs, Mario and Luigi 2 and probably some others for DS have me interested. A new Kirby game for GameCube. Pokemon XD:I can't say I'm expecting it to be great, but it'll have a Lugia for me, and I will be buying it. And the Revolution's ability for downloading/playing NES, SNES and N64 games, as well as a new Super Smash Bros. are enough to get me excited for it, too.

They've got me buying their stuff, and it looks like I'll probably be doing so for quite a while yet.

God Of Water

Pokemon Master Of Water
    Years
    DS will easily beat PSP

Nintendo Revoultion has a wireless contoler,is 3 times the size of a dvd player and can play gamecube games.Don`t forget it can download older games.
    So that`s 1 NES,2 SNES,3 N64 and 4 GC genarations of games other than its own.

Oh yeah and DS isn`t a gameboy.Nintendo`s is also making GBA2.
    SO GO NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    god of water said:
    DS will easily beat PSP
    o, but it already is. by about 5-4 million copies.

And in response to the GBM, i have always said the same thing as to why its not a desperate attempt by Nintendo, and i'm so frekin tired of repeating myself i'm going to quote myself:
    cmatz0 said:
    it will be compatible with all GB, GBP, GBC, and GBA games, which, of course, the DS isn't (its only compatible with GBA games). And the guy at e3 said that to show what kind of system it would be like (so that people wouldn't think it played its own games or something). So for all us classic gamers, who never bought the SP but bought the DS and find it hard to see on our GBA, it is a good idea (of course we couild but they SP, but mayaswell pay the extra $50 bucks or whatever). Of course this, by far, isn't the only audience. New/younger gamers may not want to start their portable gaming experience with expensive handhelds like the DS or PSP, and won't want to buy an outdated GameBoy, so the GBM is perfect. Not only that, but even gamers who bought the GBA and SP may want to buy one. First of all, its small size is not only cool, but it also very convienent. It is something you can carry around with you wherever you go, while you probably only bring your DS or PSP when you know you are going to play it (for example, if i go to the mall with some girls, i could bring the GBM, not have it look bulky, and play it while they try on cloathes or something - VERY CONVENIENT). The games for the GBM will also be very convenient - with most GBA games you can save at any point, so its not like the DS or PSP where you have to fire it up [and in the PSP's case wait for the game to load], and then start playing, and then have to turn it off two minutes later, and you can't save (or if you do you won't have gotten far). So its more of a convenient system that you can carry without it being bulky, whip it out and play for a short period of time, and then save and turn off and have actually gotten somewhere. And in addition, Nintendo has the cool idea to release hundreds of faceplates, where you can customize and make it your own. Not to mention, it would be sooooo sweet if it could play songs (which remember its not coming out till fall, so they could make modifications), bu even if they don't, you can buy the $20 media player and use it as a music player.
    people can argue with it, but that is why people will actually buy the GBM, and why some people's opinion of it being a stupid idea does not mean that it does not have its advantages. All Nintendo is doing is expanding and capitalizing on the most popular game system ever.

billy5772 said:
    The DS was a disappointment to many people with a weak game lineup and not but two or so good uses for the touch screen.
    How can it be a disappointment when it has sold more copies than the PSP? (and if you say that's because it got released first, hence why i said the PS2 was so popular because it got released first :D ). And all Nintendo systems have a weak game lineup when they first come out, but after a two or three months Nintendo comes out with a storm of games that blows everone away, which is what will happen with the DS this summer. Can't judge a book by its first two pages. And the DS games taht have been released in Japan have been extremely popular (Nintendogs ITSELF selling 300,000 DS's).

dark sora said:
    I guess Nintendo is sorta 'falling apart'. You can tell just by looking at the Game Boy Micro and Nintendo DS. They've run out of ideas. The only thing that's keeping them alive is the Nintendo Revolution. They're probobly hoping that Revolution is a big hit, so they dont die out, like Sega did. I, myself, am hoping the Revolution is as great as it seems.
    OK, what is wrong with Nintendo captalizing on the most popular gaming system ever? Kinda like Sony and the PS2 slim? And how is the Nintendo DS show them running out of ideas? A system that has sold over 15 million copies worldwide? Multiply that times 150, and hmmmm.....not exactly failing to me. And Sega didn't die out, they simply gave up and stopped making systems.

tetsuya-san said:
    Oh boy. A company already getting reviews when not much has been proven yet? The DS is a handheld focus, and people like it. Nintendo hasn't revealed much about the Revolution's controller. And the GameCube isn't dying either, it just didn't have much games that could prove its performance. Now look. Fire Emblem: Path of Radience. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. And they're big franchises. Maybe in North America (blech) Nintendo's current range isn't going to well. Come to Japan, where sales and advertising schemes keep the whole Japanese gaming market at bay. You can't say Nintendo's failing - most people are subjective at that. It's always around NoA, where... some games actually aren't in hype. You can't judge yet. DS is still quite new-ish. Revolution info has rarely been spread. And the Game Boy Micro? It's just an addition to the Advanced range. You just pick the Game Boy that appeals to your needs. SP for flip screen. Micro for small play. You know the drill.
    amen. a single game getting as much attention as GAMING CONSOLES!!! that doesn't constitute failing in my book.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back