• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Is Under Rated

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
Years
  • Something funny I just thought of, Master Chief has a green suit with orange visor on his helmet, Samus has an orange suit with a green visor :D

Years
  • Wow. I've read this whole thread and I'm speechless. I really can't add or argue with any of the points you all made.

And I won't even add my own two cents, even though I've been playing video games since the late 80's, has seen the evolution of gaming progress and currently owns both a PS2 and an Xbox.

DeathScape

Banned
    Years
  • XBox 360 might actually be good only because of Rare. Why did Nintendo not want them anymore? I heard Banjo & Kazooie 3/Banjo Threeie will be on XBox 360. That game will be the new Halo...

Years
  • I don't know if Banjo & Kazooie 3/Banjo Threeie will be the new Halo for the Xbox 360.

I've played both Halo and Halo 2 and it earned that rep of being one of the hottest games out there. To me, the storyline, the graphics, design, music, gameplay and the multiplayer is what made it that good. Maybe you all need to play Halo 1 and 2 first before you make judgements, since a lot of you haven't played it at all.

But, that's my opinion.

However, is Nintendo underrated? No. They are just being overlooked by older gamers who don't want to play around with games like Mario, Zelda or any of the games they grew up with. They want more edgy stuff, more cooler games, more realistic games, online play and that's why Sony and Mircosoft top Nintendo right now.

But, that's only my opinion.

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
  • Your right, I havn't played halo, or halo 2, But then again i never said anything bad about them XD

But nintendo have alot of edge games, you just gotta look for them, Most people don't go to the nintendo section because they think of the classics, like mario, zelda, ect...

But they really got some great games, if only people looked

I thnk the real reson nintendo isn't looked at as often as the others is because you don't see as much adds for them

(or atleast i dont)

It is definetly underated by some, But there are olot of people out there that overate it aswell, I'm not saying its not the best ever :P But some people don't listen to reason, Nintendo is below the rest right now, and all we can do about it is show people how good they can be

I personaly have turned alot of people into nintendo fans And i am fealin good about it

But then again, ALL nintendo isn't underated, just the gamecube, I mean the GBA and SP where bought by nearly everyone I know :P But i think the ds is abit too big looking :P but i got one and its great XD So don't judge on looks

And the two screen thing isn't too hard to get your head around :P

Umbreon's Shadow

People say KYUUUU?YEY!!!
    Years
  • Problem is,people start to like games with better graphics and sound than gameplay.Halo is a rip-off and so is Metroid.These games brought nothing new to make any diference.Remember the legendary Half-Life that revolutionized the FPS games?Red Faction who brought the Geo-mod to break the enviroment?These brought good improvements,not some crap that turns you into a ball.I admit i like Halo and Metroid a bit but they are easily beaten down by HL and RF,not to mention others.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Umbreon's Shadow said:
    Problem is,people start to like games with better graphics and sound than gameplay.Halo is a rip-off and so is Metroid.These games brought nothing new to make any diference.Remember the legendary Half-Life that revolutionized the FPS games?Red Faction who brought the Geo-mod to break the enviroment?These brought good improvements,not some crap that turns you into a ball.I admit i like Halo and Metroid a bit but they are easily beaten down by HL and RF,not to mention others.
    Umm...Metroid has been around since 1986! No, it wasn't a FPS, but the Morph Ball was there (except it was called "Maru Mari"). Why would you want them to take away something that is part of the series when it made it's jump to 3D? The Metroid Prime series, is also not a FPS. It's an FPA, a first person adventure. If you've played them you can tell that the games aren't a trigger fest, it's just classic Metroid, but behind the visor. And classic Metroid wasn't a trigger fest either, it was like Zelda and had puzzels. Similar genres, but you can't compare them. Just as you can't compare puzzle to strategy, or action to adventure, you can't compare FPAs with FPSs.

You can complain after Metroid Prime Hunters, because that's an FPS, not an FPA.

Makoto

Years
  • all i'm gonna say is this:

1.gamecube has better games.
    2.They're not all rated E(example: SSBM. One of, if not the greatest fighting game of all time[and rated T])
    3. Graphics do not make a game or system(mario 64 is better than Sunshine, at least I think so)
    4. Add-ons do nnot make a System. Games Do.
    5. Xbox fanboys act like Xbox is so much better, yet the only thing that Xbox has on the GC is that it has Xbox Live, and that problem will be fixed with the Revolution.

Take that!

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
  • digi-kun your the one sadly making an error i Have a ps2 not a xbox and if nintendo revolution comes out its a wast why dont they just remake most super nintendo games fore game boy or ds eh? i doesnt mater about the hand held platforms im talking about the controler platforms the gc etc... ya grafics do make a good game would u play a game in 2d ? i would like 2 mouve in all the dirrections ok and plus e-reader was only good fore some pokemon cards witch they discontinued. plus the games they gave were from the first nintendo ever ok u now how boring that is?
    does any one remember the sega handheld thing? maybee nintendo should do a cartaga or disk good fore both the handheld platform and the gc version what ever maybee that will work well

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • wishirulz said:
    digi-kun your the one sadly making an error i Have a ps2 not a xbox and if nintendo revolution comes out its a wast why dont they just remake most super nintendo games fore game boy or ds eh? i doesnt mater about the hand held platforms im talking about the controler platforms the gc etc... ya grafics do make a good game would u play a game in 2d ? i would like 2 mouve in all the dirrections ok and plus e-reader was only good fore some pokemon cards witch they discontinued. plus the games they gave were from the first nintendo ever ok u now how boring that is?
    does any one remember the sega handheld thing? maybee nintendo should do a cartaga or disk good fore both the handheld platform and the gc version what ever maybee that will work well
    When we say graphics don't make a game, we aren't talking about 2D vs. 3D (most of the time anyway, and 3D doesn't always mean better to begin with). Usually, were on the same level. 3D vs. 3D. So...take Xbox's capabilities vs. the GCN's. The Xbox has it beat, but that doesn't mean the GCN has 2D graphics.

"plus the games they gave were from the first nintendo ever ok u now how boring that is?"
    To you, maybe. The NES era is loved by many. The biggest flaw about e-Reader, is that it released on these great NES games, and then released them again for the NES Classic series.

And...the Revolution isn't just going to play NES, SuperNES, N64 and GCN games. It is also going to have it's library of games, built around it's capabilites and hopefully it's mystery controller. One example being Metroid Prime 3.

Makoto

Years
  • wishirulz said:
    digi-kun your the one sadly making an error i Have a ps2 not a xbox and if nintendo revolution comes out its a waste. why dont they just remake most super nintendo games fore game boy or ds eh? i doesn't matter about the hand held platforms im talking about the controller platforms the gc etc... ya graphics do make a good game would u play a game in 2d ? i would like 2 mouve in all the dirrections ok and plus e-reader was only good fore some pokemon cards witch they discontinued. plus the games they gave were from the first nintendo ever. Ok you now how boring that is?
    does any one remember the sega handheld thing? maybee nintendo should do a cartridge or disk good fore both the handheld platform and the gc version what ever maybee that will work well

learn to spell. Your many mistakes make you look like even more of an idiot than you are(which is really saying something)

Spelling 101

for, not fore
    you're, not your(in this case)
    waste, not wast
    doesn't, not doesnt
    matter, not mater
    yeah, not ya
    controller, not controler
    graphics, not grafics
    move, not move
    which, not witch
    caragta? i'm assuming you mean cartridge.
    maybe, not maybee
    directions, not dirrections

also, i wouldn't mind a 2D game.
    "moving in all dirrections"? Xbox characters can Fly?(up and down are directions)

glows are fixed words.
    lined are deleted letters.

RexRaptor

Bow to the Kaiser
    Years
  • Once the new Zelda game comes out, Its all over for Microsoft. Its about to beat Ocarina Of Time for largest number of Pre-Orders. Its going to be double the sales of Halo, and Halo 2. Do you Xbox Fanboys understand the grasp Zelda has over the entire gameing world? You ask anyone, Would you rather be Master Cheif, or Link, 5/7 will say Link.

masquerainmistress

ZOMGZOMGZOMG
    Years
  • I think people underrate Nintendo because they don't give it time because they think it's for kids.
    I brought a DS to school one day with WarioWare: Touched. At resource I finished my work, took it out, and began to play. At first everyone was like, "Oh, the DS is for little babies! PSP is better!" but in the end I had people coming over to me, asking about the screens and watching how I used the stylus. Even my teacher thought it was cool.

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
  • rexraptor is right fore the preorders but what will happen once they all bought it eh then microssoft and sony will take the advantige buy bringing out ps3 and halo 3

Makoto

Years
  • we're not allowed to play video games at my school, not even handhelds T_T

but to not make this spam:

I agree with the title. Nintendo is underrated.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • wishirulz said:
    rexraptor is right fore the preorders but what will happen once they all bought it eh then microssoft and sony will take the advantige buy bringing out ps3 and halo 3
    Halo 3 isn't coming out this year, to my knowledge. And the Revolution isn't as far behind the PS3 as one would think. Since the Revolution is backwards compatible, people can still play Twilight Princess. Although if it's taking them that long to beat a game, I question their ability.

Back