• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Patents an Upgrading thing.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    https://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=6852
    Nintendo has patent some kind of
    Patent said:
    communication and storage capability via a modem and hard disk drive
    This device also allows people to watch tv while playing a game or logging on the Internet. The hard drive also allows to download entire games and this device will plug into a video game console. This is very exciting to me. Nintendo has something very interesting up their sleves. I can't wait to find out.

EDIT: The patent is right here:
    https://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph...ND&d=ptxt&s1=nintendo&OS=nintendo&RS=nintendo

samu

hard like whiplash
    Years
    Kenny_C.002 said:
    Okay! Time to work out the pirating details!

*sigh*

yep! Paying for things suck. =D

I'd hope they'd come out with some sort of HD Loader type thing.. like the PS2 has. :3

samu

hard like whiplash
    Years
    not with a computer, bittorrent, the proper connecting cables and the harddrive. XD!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Well, we've known that Nintendo was goign to be providing "upgrades" for it's current systems. They talked about addons and such, once before. It says this is for an exsisting system. Although if successful, it'll probably be brought over to the Revolution.

But this downloading part, seems similar to the iQue player. Many (including myself) felt that the iQue player was a testing product for the idea.

EDIT: We're all wrong. The site now says, "Gamespot have contacted Nintendo and Nintendo have confirmed that this patent is for the 64DD and it has just been update, it is not for the GameCube."

Back