• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Nintendo Pokemon Tournament

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Maybe they are procrastinators and dont like to know news until its the last minute? >.<
    Sorry you feel insulted :(

Horyo, did they send you a message threw email?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    ^Yea they did.

Congratulations! You have been selected to participate in the Pokémon Video Game Showdown Qualifier Tournament being held on July 12, 2008, in Los Angeles, Californinia.
    Be sure to read the Tournament Rules and Game Setup information before arriving at the event.
    All participants must complete the following forms and return them to Pokémon USA, Inc., postmarked by June 28th, 2008.
    Winner Release & Waiver Form
    If you're considered a minor in your place of residency, the Companion Release & Waiver form must also be completed and returned:
    Companion Release & Waiver Form
    Mail, e-mail, or fax your completed forms to:
    Pokémon USA, Inc
    Attention: VGS Player Coordinator
    333 108th Ave NE, Ste 1900
    Bellevue, WA 98004
    Email: [email protected]
    Fax: 425-274-1041
    Venue Information
    July 12, 2008 — Los Angeles, Californinia
    California Science Center
    700 Exposition Park Drive
    Los Angeles, CA 90037
    Junior Division

• Registration and Check-in: 9:00am-9:45am
    • Play begins: 10:00am
    Senior Division
    • Registration and Check-in: 10:00am-10:45am
    • Play begins: 11:00am
    We look forward to seeing you at the event! Players who do not arrive on time for check-in will lose their seat at the qualifier, so please be on time!
    If you have any additional questions about this event, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]
    Sincerely,
    Pokémon USA, Inc.

What confuses me is how they'll know it's me and not someone else...

GeneralGuy

Competitive Pokémon Expert
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    Nintendo must be completely unaware of tiers and competitive battling in general. The rules in this tournament are unbelievably stupid. Why the heck are they banning non-Ubers? The prizes aren't even that great anyway.

And I'm 99.9% sure that the winner will have used an undetectable pokésaved team.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • Here's what throws me. Dragonite, Regigigas, and Phione are banned, but Garchomp and the Lati twins are good to go. Isn't Lati@s usully considered uber? And Garchomp may not be uber but he's closer to it than Nite, Gigas or Phione.

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Some people think Lati@s are uber only with Souldew
    And This tournament doesnt allow souldew

Well none of those pokemon banned affect me because i dont use them :)
    And i didnt get an invitation :(

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
  • Sometimes, I just wish Nintendo was more involved with it's fan base, then they would know how to put together an actual tournament. Then they would know:

1) Banning Pokemon like Dragonite but not Wobbuffet is stupid.
    2) Hardly anyone plays double battles.
    3) Online tournies > then tournies in OMGNEYYORK!!!!!1!!1!eleven!!!

SUPACHEEZY

Happy Days!
    Years
  • I think this is the worst excuse for a tournament ever.

In JAA, I thought that was the perfect tournament (other than ubers). I got to the top 8 (please don't call me fake, I have pictures for proof) in 12 and under, yes I know they were little kids but still, I had a great time. That was the highlight in my 2006 summer.

However, I live in the middle of the country and cannot afford (or to be exact my parents can't afford ^^;) to drive to either end of our country. They could've at least put one in Chicago so the people in the middle of the country could go...

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
  • *Is really jealous, and not just because LA has nice weather*

Well, good luck to those entering, make sure to bring Wobbuffets and Garchomps, since they aren't being banned.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • In double battles I really don't think Wobbuffet is that much of a threat since it's possible to completely ignore him and focus on the other opposing Pkmn. Wobb has no offense outside of Counter and Mirror Coat.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    In double battles I really don't think Wobbuffet is that much of a threat since it's possible to completely ignore him and focus on the other opposing Pkmn. Wobb has no offense outside of Counter and Mirror Coat.

And Tackle :P
    But now I am very annoyed, and not just at the controversial rules. Sure, I specialize in Doubles, and could so easily own this tournament with my Doubles team.

BUT I LIVE IN CANADA.
    WTH? Why is Nintendo ignoring us? WHY?
    We are the second-largest country in the world, the inventors of various household objects, we helped create the world's most devastating bomb to end WWII, we leveled Berlin in WWII, effectively disabling Germany, we've stopped numerous wars before they happened, we are the best country in the world... And we don't even get an event? Wth?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    It makes it harder since it's doubles because of the many new factor that it brings in. But I guess that's what makes it fun :D

Sorry SD, but if/when I go in, I'll do it for you, and for everyone else at PC!

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Heh. I emailed asking why Canada never gets anything like events and this tourney, and gmail is telling me that Nintendo's email servers denied my email from being accepted. Coincidence?

Back