• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Resurrected

Chaskis Sato

Always Chasing the Night.
    Years
    Notice the pun...Oh well...
    I'm talking about Resident Evil 4. I think finally devolpers are starting to figure out the true power of the Gamecube. Do you think that this is a break through for the Gamecube and will other good looking games follow?

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    I sure hope so...but I don't think that one game could change and entire system...

(with the exception of Halo, savior of X-Box)

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    The DS won't pull nintendo out of the crater of a whole it's dug itself in...

If nintendo truly wants to stand out and make itself awesome, they need to come out with at LEAST 3 showstopping games by the end of this year or next year...and they must have a PSP rival...

Resident Evil 4 does look awesome, but show stopping it AINT! Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, Smash Melee, Final Fantasy anything are show stoppers..C'MON NINTENDO! THE WHOLE WORLDS LISTENING!!

oh, by the way, boo ya...

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    3 games:
    Metroid Prime 2
    Starfox 2
    Wind Waker 2
    And I think there's going to be yet another SSB.

What more do you want?

And the PSP rival is going to end up as the DS probably.

Pok?monTrainerKinkoBlast

Pok?mon Tracker Developer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 1, 2005
    If they handle it right, the DS could work.
    If they give it a linkcable port, the abilty to run GBA games(on one screen.. duh) and a 2-screen Pok?mon game(one for world/battle, one for things like pokedex, stats, and all the other stuff unde the start menu)that links to Ru/Sa/FR/LG/GCN-C...

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    I seriously hate the new nintendo president...He is killing the greatest company in the world...

Why does he think that connecting to the GCN could POSSIBLY compete with online play...And nintendo has ALWAYS delivered with it's huge hits! BUt he's KILLED their huge hits...

Mario Sunshine?
    Starfox?

WHY!?!? Iwata san has got to be the most retarded man alive...

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    Tsk, tsk... Nintendo is not in any hole. It's doing quite well actually. (sales wise)

Lets face it, Nintendo isn't going to implement online gaming this late in the console race. Look for Nintendo to enter into the online craze with the release of their next Nintendo system.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Nintendo IS in a hole...though it may be crushing every other system with it's GBA, it's GCN isn't doing so good...last I heard it was par with X-Box...

iwata must die!! BAH!

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
    Psh. X-Box sux. The quality of the X-box-exclusive games, with the exception of Halo, is so bad it's unbelievable. Gamecube, I see as being in second. The new Zelda & Metroid games will definately be show stoppers. PS2, as far as I can see, has no new games that could show up those, & the Xbox just has Halo 2

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    I didn't mean GCN was as good as x-box by NO means, I mean that SALES WISE gcn is on par with x-box...

heh, gamecube is 100 times better than any system...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I liked CC and Sunshine, though the latter was a bit too short. =\

GCN isn?t built for online?if they do decide to pursue that genre, they should create a system more apt to handle it. PSO is a huge failure, hacks and exploits and huge fees, no extra content?

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    I think that Gamecube COULD be ready for online, but they will have to find some sort of marketing that will get fans into in, and make the games free and secure, unlike games for PS2 like Everquest (not to say PS2 is a bad system, but a few games cost money for online play).

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I still don?t think content additions on the memory card are viable. Sure, possible but?

No built in adapter

No centralized network

No voice/passport support

Lack of online developers

Smaller storage on the mini-DVDs

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Correction, we are not gona have another SSB. The guy who created Kirby left HAL. :( We still gona have Kirby games, but no more SSB. :(
    Also in my opinion the new Metroid games, are um... Let's say the days when Gunpei was still alive and still with Nintendo, where great. But now the Metroid Games seem to have Samus's personality, differ then I expected... and have games tad short. And Mutliplayer , this has to be "Unreal" :P. Well Nintendo is having a bumpy ride in 2K4. Just hope Nintendo doesn't end up like Sega...:'(

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I think Metriod Prime was pretty good, though I haven?t played the Fusion series.

Wing Zero

&#1575;&#1587;&#1578;&#1575;&#1584; &#1593;&#1606;
    Years
    Kairi said:
    I think Metriod Prime was pretty good, though I haven?t played the Fusion series.
    yea i havent played fusion either...but metroid prime rocks my socks...
    i miss RARE working for nintendo...werent they bought by microsoft?
    or am i haveing bad memory again....

Kenta-kun

&#27515;&#31070;
    Years
    Metroid

Fusion is the strangest of the Metroid games to date, & is also the only one that has Samus speaking. Prime is as close as I've ever seen to perfect game, & that's no exaggeration. It's quite possible that the new Metroid Prime & the new Zelda may be the games that save Nintendo

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    People, Metroid Prime was awesome. It is without a doubt one of my favorite GC games, along with Zelda:WW and SSB:M. Other favorite games include 007:EoN and other stuff like that. Multiplayer for Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (yes, that's the official title, just revealed) is going to be awesome. Too many people cling to tradition, especially with 007: Goldeneye. EoN is better than Goldeneye, but people are too nostalgic to see past their dilusions. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating. But online better be on Nintendo's next console.

Years
    It would be cool if Nintendo released all of the first five Fire Emblem games in the GCN like what they did for Zelda... Celice sweetness... XD

Back