• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Revolution (Revived)

Archaic

折橋 守
Years
  • The Revolution begins

Full news Report on BulbaNews

Thanks go to IGN for the information and pictures.

New details regarding Nintendo's next-generation console, codenamed Revolution, have started to sprinkle onto the Internet. The machine, which will be revealed during Nintendo's pre-E3 2005 show on Tuesday morning in Los Angeles, will sport a slick, black design and a front blue light.

Revolution will be "two-to-three times more powerful than GameCube," according to Nintendo, which also acknowledges that the next-generation race isn't solely about new technologies. By contrast, Microsoft's Xbox 360 console is 13-15 times more powerful than the first, according to the publisher. And Sony says it's PlayStation 3 is roughly 35 times more powerful than PlayStation 2.

Nintendo also revealed that using Revolution's new Wi-Fi connection, gamers would be able to go online to a free gamer-matching service. Interestingly, in a move similar to Microsoft's Xbox Live Arcade service, Revolution users will be able to download classic and new Nintendo games over the Internet. Nintendo cited such examples as Donkey Kong and Super Mario Sunshine, which suggests that Revolutionaries could have access to games for all the publisher's previous consoles.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I merged the threads because there isn't a need to have two or three threads going around when it's about the same thing.

I hope the Revolution will get changed around in it's looks. Because I really really don't like the looks of it. It looks like a removable hard drive for God's sake.

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • I'm also disappointed with the Revolution's design... it turns out the PS3 is the only one that actually LOOKS like a game console!

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • I think the Revolution looks great.

Poor E3 conference as far as the Rev's concerned. Learned absolutely nothing of it besides the fact that wireless Smash Brothers is in the works, as well as Mario, Zelda, Crystal Chronicles and Metroid. No controller was shown.

Raizor Blaid

Super Sonic Owns J00
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Erf
    • Seen Jan 8, 2007
    Yeah I know the revolution (I hope they make that the official name it sounds cool) will be awesome, with all these features it could easily become the best system over some time, and some new add-ons are created. god I've always stuck to nintendo no matter how much better the other systems were, at least nintendo is creative with lots of game mascots.
    but what I'm sure everyone wants to know is: how much will it cost! I'm sure it will cost alot and I'v decided to start savin already but I would like a number that is at least rounded off into the hundreds... well just gonna have to wait till it comes out ^^
    ok off to rub the greatness of the revolution in my friends face!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I will be happy with the Revolution if they make it less "plain". It's not the size that bugs me it's the shape. I mean like I said before, it looks like a removable hard drive. If they add a little color (maybe like a white or grey stripe in the middle of it and say "Nintendo Revolution" on it then that would help) then it would be better.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • The S said:
    I'm also disappointed with the Revolution's design... it turns out the PS3 is the only one that actually LOOKS like a game console!
    I like how it looks vertically and from the front, horizontally and from the side...not so much. I hate how the 360 looks and the Revolution looks like a bare PS2.

Awful conference. What's with the Game Boy Micro? If you don't have a GBA by now, you probably don't want one. The Revolution would probably make an impression on us if they actually showed it in action! @@ I can't believe this.

Casual Billy

Wargreymon: Miracle Mega
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    At least Rev isn't purple. I think the design fits well with the new demographic that Nintendo is trying to reach out to. It does look kinda like an external hardrive (arcanine) though. Eh.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I'm really dissapointed with how little of the Revolution was shown today. I'm hoping the rumours from that Aeris guy are true. "I just dont want to give away [the Revolutionary aspect]...Nintendo has a great idea for introducing it to the world. Its going to be very cool, and I'd hate to spoil that. It will be the ultamate prank." Would showing stuff later this week after everyone is upset today not be a prank? *prays*

Bay-kun

<That's me Oo
    Years
  • TRIFORCE89 said:
    I like how it looks vertically and from the front, horizontally and from the side...not so much. I hate how the 360 looks and the Revolution looks like a bare PS2.

Awful conference. What's with the Game Boy Micro? If you don't have a GBA by now, you probably don't want one. The Revolution would probably make an impression on us if they actually showed it in action! @@ I can't believe this.

I completely agree. And I thought the Revolution was a PS2 when I first looked at it. O.o I hope they make it look better by the time its released. And I think the GBM is a lame idea. As you said, if you own a GBA now, you don't want one. And hopefully they will show some actual Revolution games, etc. I mean gosh, they haven't even shown a controller yet!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • The system will look different by the launch. Iwata said so, and you can look at the DS. It's appearance changed by it's launch. The controller, based on rumours is the revolutionary part, so keeping it mum doesn't surprise me. But, tech specs, video, screenshots, something! Anything! All we have to show is a black box while Sony and Microsoft have shown everything. @@

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Shinin said:
    OK, people: with the Revolution, you will be able to download NES, SNES & N64 games, possibly like the video game version of iTunes!
    First of all, I doubt that- Backwards compatibility is already hard enough from generation to generation. Developers don't simply take a PS1, add/change two or three components, stick it into a box then call it PS2 and hope it still works with previous games. Nor from PS2 to PS3.

But NES to N64, along with GameCube and the new Revolution games coming along? I forsee either false information, or really bad compatibility issues within the future. :\

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Shinin said:
    The Revolution doesn't have console things for NES, SNES & N64 cartridges, you DOWNLOAD them. Onto the system, I think.
    That's not what I meant, I mean running an old game on a new system. I can download roms on my computer right now, and although my computer is many times more powerful than a NES or SNES, I can already tell you that it won't run exactly as smoothly as it was originally intended to be. And why is that? Not because my computer is teh suxxors- but because those games weren't originally intended to be run on a computer. Now if this Revolution is many times more powerful than a GCN, I doubt they would have the time, nor resources, or even desire to bring backwards compatibility that far.

Back