• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Nintendo went to Canada

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    Having the game out early wasn't the biggest deal...if they kept the games to themselves. Whoever bought the games and started leaking photos was very disrespectful to Nintendo's wishes and I'm kinda disappointed that there wasn't a bigger consequence than "give me back your game."

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2013
    Having the game out early wasn't the biggest deal...if they kept the games to themselves. Whoever bought the games and started leaking photos was very disrespectful to Nintendo's wishes and I'm kinda disappointed that there wasn't a bigger consequence than "give me back your game."

There wasn't further consequences because they couldn't do anything. Not even the game thing. The guy bought the game legally and as such had the right to use it and post pictures of it as he wished, if Nintendo had done something else like bricking his 3DS he could have sued Nintendo and he'd win.

Really, the only problem was him going on blabbling to facebook where he bought it and posting the leaks on his personal Instagram. And to all of you saying about how leaks are bad and wrong and whatnot, no one complained about the Corocoro leaks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    That doesn't sounds very legitimate. Why would they "fly someone down" to a tiny game store release when they have countless North American representatives in Canada. Even sending one of them sounds like overkill.

Not to mention its not that big a deal.. This happens regularly with games all the time. I've worked at places where I've had to sell games that I new wernt supposed to be on sale yet.

Not to mention Nintendo doesn't have the power (much less the political power, considering this is Canada ..) to push a small store around.

There are other problems with the story, but I don't feal like typing em

Yeah... As a lifelong Canadian, I can confirm that this **** would not happen here.

We may be very similar to the US in many ways, but we do not bow to corporations as easily as they do, and neither does our government / law.

Years
    There wasn't further consequences because they couldn't do anything. Not even the game thing. The guy bought the game legally and as such had the right to use it and post pictures of it as he wished, if Nintendo had done something else like bricking his 3DS he could have sued Nintendo and he'd win.

Really, the only problem was him going on blabbling to facebook where he bought it and posting the leaks on his personal Instagram. And to all of you saying about how leaks are bad and wrong and whatnot, no one complained about the Corocoro leaks.

There is a big difference between 'leaked' pictures from a published Japanese magazine, and screenshots being posted online from an unreleased game. The former is intended to promote the games, with GameFreak giving the information to the magazine, the latter, while it may have the same effect with some people, shouldn't have happened regardless of the legality of his purchase of the game.

Last edited:
    Years
    Ya , But a lot of important spoiler is already out !!!
    But just because spoilers are out doesn't mean anything other than a revealed plot.. I really doubt that the broken street date is going to cause people to be less excting.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    I'm a bit disappointed with canada's broken street release. I think it quite disrespectful for Mr.Junichi Masuda and his team. They work so hard for the game to be released worldwide. Even if its just a game, they should respect others effort in the product they are trying to sell.

Honestly really piss me off that you guys keep saying this.. like it's all of Canada.. it was ONE store in Canada and even then they were not supposed to sell early. A guy who worked there sold early copies to his friends without the stores approval. You make it sound like several stores in Canada broke street release but in reality none did.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    It doesn't matter if leaks happen "all the time", because they're not suppose to, and I'm certain that the leaks weren't part of Nintendo's plan. They wanted a worldwide release, and because of the leaks that happened in Canada and Italy, there's gonna be less of a chance of a worldwide release in the future (I didn't say no chance, just less of a chance). I'm honestly staying away from the leaked info a bit because I'm not really a supporter of it, and I don't want to spoil some of it for myself. That's what the strategy guide is for :D

I'm not saying leaks happen all the time ( though they inevitably do, generally a good thing in the companies eyes, as it generates hype (See: Pokecommunity)), stores selling things before they're supposed to is what I'm saying happens frequently. Id bet its happened with recent Pokemon titles. In fact it's unlikely it hasn't happened somewhere in the world. I'm sure I've seen people on this forum bragging about getting titles a day or two early.

Not to mention, what he did wasn't 'leaking'. He purchased this item legally with his own money and posted pictures on Instagram. There was nothing unlawful taking place. Not that the word 'leaking' has any legal ground other that media slang.

Nintendo is a huge company, they like all media companies have contingency planes to deal with a handful of copies being sold early. This contingency would include an email to the retailer that shipped early, and very little else. It's doubtful in the twenty first century they'd send personnel to a small Canadian game store, especially when the owner no doubt understands the liability behind it.

Back