• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo WiFi USB Adaptor Trouble

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2008
    Hi everyone! I've traded pokemon on here before, and I'd really like to continue with that... but I'm having some issues getting wifi to work. Or rather, just plugging in the usb adaptor.

I borrowed the adaptor and the cd from a friend, and the first time I installed it and used it, it worked like a charm. That was a while ago though, and last night when I tried to use it again, I plug it in, and I got some horrible lag. Even after like, 20 minutes, the thing wouldnt work and the computer slowed down considerably. Unplugging it, I found that the lag remained, even 10+ minutes afterwards. I had to restart.
    I tried uninstalling it, but when I put in the disk and hit OK to start the installer, it lags again. I tried downloading the software - same thing. I tried downloading it with my firewall off, again, same thing.

Does anyone have ANY solution as to how to fix this problem? I have Windows XP and my isp is Comcast if that has to do with anything. I'd really like to trade - I already promised two people some stuff, and its making me sad that I cant get what I want and that I'm letting them down. D:

Back