• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] NintendoQueen's Creations

Years
Hi there! Oh, nice to see some traditional work! =] I'll comment on two drawings you made.
Spoiler:

Oh, still life! That's interesting. ^..^
However, I think the drawing is in a weird angle. The paintbrushes (somewhat) and the neck of the jar are in a correct angle, but I think the jar itself with everything else doesn't look right. If I see the inside of the rims of the neck of the jar, I would see more of the inside of the jar. Or, if I saw the jar in more of a front view, I'd see less of the inside of the neck.

I think the shading was done well. The shading on the paintbrushes are a little hard to tell where a light source is, but I can somewhat see it.

Spoiler:

I think this was much better!
I think it looks a lot more transparent, and more like glass. The angle and shading for the bottle gives it a defined shape and I think it was done well! I think the overall picture is a little tilted though, but maybe that's how the bottle ways. ^..^;

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
Years
I LOVE THIS ARTWORK. The classic designs and simply beautiful techniques really show through here. The perfect amount of darkness in almost every work of art I really appreciate that you took your time to post it here as it is some of the best pokemon themed artwork that I have every seen in my life. Nice job 10/10, keep up the good work.

-TChad
Oh my! Thank you so much, that is really sweet of you. I'm glad you really enjoy it TChad! <3

Wow, these are great! :D I love those letters you made on the last page, and your life drawings look amazing! :O Absolutely fantastic. C:
Thank you Eeveon! :] I wish to make more letters, they were a ton of fun to create!

Hi there! Oh, nice to see some traditional work! =] I'll comment on two drawings you made.
Spoiler:

Oh, still life! That's interesting. ^..^
However, I think the drawing is in a weird angle. The paintbrushes (somewhat) and the neck of the jar are in a correct angle, but I think the jar itself with everything else doesn't look right. If I see the inside of the rims of the neck of the jar, I would see more of the inside of the jar. Or, if I saw the jar in more of a front view, I'd see less of the inside of the neck.

I think the shading was done well. The shading on the paintbrushes are a little hard to tell where a light source is, but I can somewhat see it.

Spoiler:

I think this was much better!
I think it looks a lot more transparent, and more like glass. The angle and shading for the bottle gives it a defined shape and I think it was done well! I think the overall picture is a little tilted though, but maybe that's how the bottle ways. ^..^;

Thank you for the critiques. They are always welcome! I know the jar is a bit awkward and the paintbrushes are supposed to be tilted a bit because of the refraction in the water inside the jar. I enjoyed drawing the Ball jar a lot. :] Thank you!

Back