• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo's Trademarks of Jan 2009- Leaked Generation V and VI names?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureKeeper

While surfing Bulbapedia earlier, I found this article:

Nintendo registers swarm of trademarks.

To my surprise, these were they:

Article said:
    In the Japanese Trademark Database, several previously used Nintendo trademarks have been registered, including Pokémon Red, Pokémon Green, Pokémon Blue and Pokémon Yellow, all Generation I games that have already been released. New trademarks recently egistered include Pokémon Black, Pokémon Brown, Pokémon White, Pokémon Gray, Pokémon Purple, Pokémon Crimson and Pokémon Scarlet, the last in two variations.

However, Nintendo's registering of the names does not mean they will ever become games. Nintendo has previously registered unused game names for Pokémon, such as Opal, and unused names may be an attempt to discourage bootleg or knockoff games.

I do notice Pokémon Black and White within the trademarks. Also, if you have noticed, Pokémon Grey, the rumored name for the third version. I think that Nintendo are giving us a few hints about the future generations.. Still don't get it?

Black - White - Gray - Gen V
    Purple - Scarlet - Crimson (Arrangement unconfirmed) - Gen VI

And they announce Black and White roughly a year and a few month later.

I don't think it was a coincidence, because one of the developers noted they were developing B&W with Platinum and HGSS.

So, I really do think that is yet another hint for Generation V's third title, as well as Generation VI's trio.

In fact, I will be waiting for Pokémon Gray. :P So, what do you think about it?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Not sure...except this: Scarlet and Crimson won't both be released. They're two similar hues that look like red, it would just go against the norm...too much for Nintendo to do it, I think.

NatureKeeper

And RSE are also colored after Red, Blue and Green... :\

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    He meant they wouldn't release two games of the same generation that are of similar colors. Scarlet and crimson fall under a red hue, and thus one of those names is probably false. Anyway, Gray was to be assumed...I mean, Black, White...who honestly expected something other than Gray? I suppose this is a nice tidbit of information...might bring some life to this dull, dull place.

NatureKeeper

He meant they wouldn't release two games of the same generation that are of similar colors. Scarlet and crimson fall under a red hue, and thus one of those names is probably false. Anyway, Gray was to be assumed...I mean, Black, White...who honestly expected something other than Gray? I suppose this is a nice tidbit of information...might bring some life to this dull, dull place.

People expected Rainbow and other stuff.. This is a partly confirmation it is Gray.

As for generation VI, please do notice that Crimson and Scarlet is only one translation to the text. There are other ways to translate it. Pokémon Gray could also be translated as Pokémon Ash, by the way. Fat chance. XD

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    lol.

Why are you happy about "Grey"?? Black and White really don't leave room for a 3rd version, they're polar opposites, Yin/Yang etc.

I personally think Pokemon Grey/whatever it's called won't seem right, and will kinda ruin it...

NatureKeeper

Why are you happy about "Grey"?? Black and White really don't leave room for a 3rd version, they're polar opposites, Yin/Yang etc.

I personally think Pokemon Grey/whatever it's called won't seem right, and will kinda ruin it...

A game with both Yin and Yang would be nice, don't you think so?

I am happy there IS a third version. XD
    The trademarks are supposed to confirm the third version and partly Gen VI.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I for one am a tad concerned that Nintendo has registered "Pokémon Brown" as a trademark, as that might cause problems for the hack version, which is probably one of the most (if not the most) popular Pokémon hacks to date.

I suppose it's too much to hope that Game Freak are going to make an official version of Brown for Gen V or VI...

Team Carbon Boss: Roran

Gonna quit this website.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I for one am a tad concerned that Nintendo has registered "Pokémon Brown" as a trademark, as that might cause problems for the hack version, which is probably one of the most (if not the most) popular Pokémon hacks to date.

I suppose it's too much to hope that Game Freak are going to make an official version of Brown for Gen V or VI...

What about Chaos Black? That's reasonably popular and you can't say that Nintendo doesn't know about it. They went ahead with Black and White anyway though. Pokemon Brown is a stupid name though. and Imagine (if there ever was one) Murky Brown. That would make me vomit.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    o no u r bad u revived month old thred dats aginst da rulez :(

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back