• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen No Blastoise Version!?!?

Denzer

Why so serious?
Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    I know that almost everyone knows this but why didn't they make a Adv GBA game for Pokémon Blue? They made Venusaur and Charizard as Fire Red and Leaf Green.
    They could've called it Bubble Blue or something lol. Thoughts? It's too late but why didn't they make it?

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Cause Venasaur didnt really get a chance the first time round soo i guess nintendo might have thought they's sell more with a different pokemon And keep the favourite Charizard xD
    I know there was pokemon Green but not in Europe anyway

Plus Water Blue?
    Bit boring xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    Because all of the missing Kanto pokemon were put into Fire Red and Leaf Green, We don't really need a 3rd game that will be another carbon copy (srsly, only difference in fr/lg is exclusives)

If anything there would've been a yellow remake.

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Yellow would've been cool with Pikachu following you around.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • The real reason is because the first two Pokemon games were Red and Green, in Japan. So, they decided to remake them as FireRed and LeafGreen.
    Outside of Japan, they didn't feel like changing LeafGreen into WaterBlue or whatever.

Pingouin_7

If they did it would have been Sea Blue, I think.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Well I was hoping for a pikachu version which it would of been ThunderYellow, but that never happen, because firered and leafgreen was enough for us apparently... Yeah, Or a Blastoise version would of been cool, but yeah.... xD

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
  • Probably because there was no reason to. The original pair in Japan was Red and Green. Development for those two games started waaaaaaaaaay back in the early 90s though it wasn't released until later even in Japan. Those outside of Japan never saw the first two Pokemon games (at least I don't think we did). Blue was released as an enhanced version of the Japanese Red and Green versions. The international versions known as Red and Blue were based on the Japanese Blue Version (or at least the script was).

If you want to read more about this here's some links:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Red_and_Green_Versions
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Blue_Version_(Japanese)
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Red_and_Blue_Versions

Years
  • Because.. Why bother? As stated before, FireRed and LeafGreen only differed with exclusives (actually.. Yeah, that's it. They're exactly the same, otherwise.) If anything, Pokemon ThunderYellow/LightningYellow could have been anticipated, but again there was no need. FRLG served as a means of catching Kanto Pokemon. That's it. End of discussion. *closes*.
    Nah, lol.

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
  • I'm assuming because the remakes were based on the original Pkmn Red and Green vs basing it on the American Red and Blue.

Years
  • Sure they did. And Mew is capturable under that truck in that particuar version of it. In the international versions, all we got was a Lava Cookie. :P
    Impossible. I own the game, and I caught Mew on the eastern shores of Cinnabar Island. Of course, this was well after I had already used Strength on the truck 200 times, which didn't come until after beating the Elite 4 600 times.

Yeah. That's how it happened.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
  • Impossible. I own the game, and I caught Mew on the eastern shores of Cinnabar Island. Of course, this was well after I had already used Strength on the truck 200 times, which didn't come until after beating the Elite 4 600 times.

Yeah. That's how it happened.

Well yeah, I never said you would get the elusive pink cat by just using strength once. No, you have to do a lot of work! Oh, and I forgot to mention. You can also go to the Orange Islands after all of that. ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    Well yeah, I never said you would get the elusive pink cat by just using strength once. No, you have to do a lot of work! Oh, and I forgot to mention. You can also go to the Orange Islands after all of that. ;)

Oh, oh, at the orange islands you can get a Pikablu!!!

Or a Charcolt. It depends on which missingno you caught after Ho-Oh appears.

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    i was really disappointed with no blue remake. blue was my first pokemon game. it holds so many memories.

Back