• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No$gba help!

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
    Years
    So I am trying to play Pokemon: Diamond on No$gba and every time I try to load it I get this message:
    The data could not be read.

Please turn off the power, then
    remove and reinsert the DS game
    card.
    I also get the same problem when I try to play Pokemon: Platinum, except the messafe is in Japanese.

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    DeSmuME has worked with every game I've thrown at it so far. Also, it's free. Try that instead.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I believe that's to do with your save file settings. Change the NDS-Cartridge Backup Media to Flash 512KBytes and it should work.
    If you're using No$GBA 2.6a it should work fine with it on Auto.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I believe that's to do with your save file settings. Change the NDS-Cartridge Backup Media to Flash 512KBytes and it should work.
    If you're using No$GBA 2.6a it should work fine with it on Auto.
    I actually tried this in NO$ a while back when I had a similar error in a different game. It did recognize the battery, but upon restarting, it didn't recognize that I saved, even though I had.

Kentai

Game Designer (Multitasking)
    Years
    I don't know whats the problem, it wors fine for me^^
    well, I'll just post a screenshot of my No$gba options and make sure you have the newest version 2.6!
    here:
    No$gba help!

ok, some of these options are quite ressource consuming, so you can tune them down a bit if your PC isn't that fast.

still take a close look at the cardridge options.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    actually the problem is..(i think) is the version of your no$gba..i had the problem too but i downloaded the version2.6a and it worked....go get it..

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    actually the problem is..(i think) is the version of your no$gba..i had the problem too but i downloaded the version2.6a and it worked....go get it..

i can't seem to find v2.6. emulatorzone only has 2.5. do you have a link for it?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    i can't seem to find v2.6. emulatorzone only has 2.5. do you have a link for it?

2.6a is actually donateware which pretty much means it's a commercial product. You're not supposed to distribute it freely. If you know how to use the internet correctly you might be able to find it but no one is actually allowed to link you there. ;)

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Update no$ to 2.6a.

Use google to locate download

PROFIT!!! (Sry, couldn't resist that)

If it still doesn't work then you got a crappy rom. Redownload rom, if it don't work, then your doing something wrong since d/p was emulatable since before the english relese (Which i beleive no$ was only up to 2.4c but i can't remember)

But if you feel like trying a new emulator i recommend ideas 1.0.3 beta.

No$ is better then ideas but ideas does have some features that no$ doesn't.

Edit - find a english version of platnium. most good rom sites should have the english version avaliable by now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2009
    Hi,

I'm playing what i assume is the US version of pokemon diamond on NO$.

Just noticed the attack animations are displayed behind the pokemon sprites. On my english real copy (DS) the attacks are in front. Is there any way of getting the No$ ones from the front also?

Thanks

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    Hi,

I'm playing what i assume is the US version of pokemon diamond on NO$.

Just noticed the attack animations are displayed behind the pokemon sprites. On my english real copy (DS) the attacks are in front. Is there any way of getting the No$ ones from the front also?

Thanks

I don't really see a solution to this problem, but I will look into it and see what I can find out.

Back