• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No, I'm Not Making This Up (I Wish I Were).

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Beware. For below, lies... Doomsday. And I DON'T mean the DC character...

Spoiler:

I'm sorry for using a 'spoiler' tag on this. But I did it as a courtesy.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Spoiler:

Gary

twinkle twinkle rainbow star.
    Years
    Hey, watch it. "Alvin and the Chipmunks" used to be a pretty cool franchise, but...

What's up with the 'thug' look? Are they rappers now, as opposed to a quartet? Bet you five bucks they're voiced by the Beastie Boys.

Nekonron

Aspiring Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Hey, watch it. "Alvin and the Chipmunks" used to be a pretty cool franchise, but...

That may be true, but they are meant to stay as cartoons. That poster is just... ewww...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Alven and The Chipmunks is a was a great cartoon. I don't like that they are redoing all the old cartoons as films. And animated ones aswell. Should be left as a cartoon.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Alven and The Chipmunks is a was a great cartoon. I don't like that they are redoing all the old cartoons as films. And animated ones aswell. Should be left as a cartoon.

Oh, undeniably. But that's not even the point.

The point is, the Chipmunks used to be a pop cultural icon of the 80s (to this very day they still sing in many houses at Christmas time). But they went and turned them into this abomination. What were they thinking?

I mean, they made animated movies in the 90s that were actually halfway decent. Why couldn't they have just based this off those? But no, they wouldn't do that. It'd make too much sense.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2008
    I was just at the movies today and saw the sign for this movie, i luv alvin and the chipmunks! although I think I like them better as cartoons

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I think I died a little inside. Something from one of my cultures...ruined. ;;

I don't understand why Hollywood can't leave classics alone. The Chipmunks were perfectly fine as a cute little cartoon from the 80's. There's no need to ruin the original image by making them into gangsters and having them rap. No. Just...no.

And this movie comes out at the same time that that cute little song will be playing in homes. "Christmas Don't Be Late" (I believe that's the name of it) is just a nice song that children of all ages can listen to.

The Chipmunks is a cartoon that can be enjoyed by all. This...I doubt it will last as well as the original did.

Back