• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No More Ps2 In Usa!!

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Only Playstations and Playstation 2's with the dualshock controllers(whatever they are) are gone. Which really doesn't make a difference if almost every gamer has a PS2. That's why Xbox is turning out to be the bestseller every month. This makes me happy because I never really liked Sony.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Kip-kip said:
    Only Playstations and Playstation 2's with the dualshock controllers(whatever they are) are gone. Which really doesn't make a difference if almost every gamer has a PS2. That's why Xbox is turning out to be the bestseller every month. This makes me happy because I never really liked Sony.
    Well that takes out every PS2 (and PSTwo) out there. Beacuse all Play Stations 2s have a Dual Shock 2 Analog Controller (the 2 stands for the second model because it's lighter and came out with the PS2) in the box with the system.

And Allstories you will stop all your spamming around here. Because your post (and it wasn't the only one) was totally pointless.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Sony have been ripping off ideas sinc they got into the console market, why are they only getting sued now? I hate Sony so I'm delighted about this news XD

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    Well that takes out every PS2 (and PSTwo) out there. Beacuse all Play Stations 2s have a Dual Shock 2 Analog Controller (the 2 stands for the second model because it's lighter and came out with the PS2) in the box with the system.

Yeah, but what about the PS2's that were shipped to stores prior to that ruling? I don't think it said anything about taking off all of the PS2's that are already on shelves.

Meh, I'm probably wrong though. ;x

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Flaming Torchic said:
    Yeah, but what about the PS2's that were shipped to stores prior to that ruling? I don't think it said anything about taking off all of the PS2's that are already on shelves.

If you ask me then them PSTwo's won't be shipped back. I mean the Wal-Mart in my town had like 20 or 25 PSTwo's on the shelves I got there a Sunday (they were stocked, there wasn't any room for anymore) and that's when I got mine. I came back to the same Wal-Mart 2 days later and they had only 5 PSTwo's left. With the way the PSTwo gets sold off the shelves they will be sold off before they get a chance to get shipped back.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Flaming Torchic said:

The PS2's on the shelves will probally get pulled. Sony is paying back for all the controllers sold in the US, I guess, and they wouldn't want to pay more so they would pull them off the shelves. I guess. :\
    PIKA2 said:
    Now where's the Microsoft lawsuit? =D
    Microsoft makes like $1 billion in a day. (exaggerated) What's a lawsuit going to do to them? :( :( :(

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Allstories said:
    No More Ps2 In Usa!!
    *saved*
    Kip-kip said:
    Microsoft makes like $1 billion in a day. (exaggerated) What's a lawsuit going to do to them? :( :( :(
    Maybe if Windows was stolen from someone and they had to pay that person money for all copies of Windows bought and installed in the world. That'd be more money than the US Treasury prints in a year.

Haha Sony, I knew you couldn't pull anything out of your own brains. And this proves it. Everything you have is either copied or stolen! COPIED OR STOLEN! Where's Final Fantasy going to go with Sony gone now? Hehehe. Possibly this will result in my dream come true! Kingdom Hearts on the Gamecube!

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    How would you know what patent they infringed? For all you know, it could be the shape of the grippy rubber parts on the top of the analouge sticks. It's $90.7 mil, if they actually stole the entire controller design(XD) it would be much more, so please quit jumping to conclusions.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Brittany said:
    Exactly, they act as if they stole the controller design from someone else, which isn't the case which such a small fee.
    But I still like it when a big company loses money. I just hate big companies. Doesn't matter if I like their products or not, I hate big companies. I know I'm weird. I like the XBox and want to get the Xenon, Xbox 360, XboxNext, or whateverbox, but I still hate Microsoft. I want to get the PSP and the PS3 when that comes out, but I still hate Sony. I want to own a big company, but I don't want to work with a big company, just a small one. I'm weird.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2005
    PS2 maybe the top-selling console, but I'm confused about what games are so good? The only PS2-unique big hit out there (recently) was Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. The rest of the top PS2 games are all cross-platform games. They are just most popular on PS2 because PS2 came out a year earlier, and thus there are more PS2 sales.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Brittany said:
    How would you know what patent they infringed? For all you know, it could be the shape of the grippy rubber parts on the top of the analouge sticks. It's $90.7 mil, if they actually stole the entire controller design(XD) it would be much more, so please quit jumping to conclusions.
    They have to pay for all the controllers sold. That means, whatever they infringed, be it the whole controler or the X button, they have to pay the company for all of the controllers sold in the US area of jurisdiction.

And I did soemthing useful and looked it up.
    https://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/28/news_6121137.html said:
    The tiff involves Immersion's technology that creates the "rumble" feature that causes controllers to vibrate in sync with events in games. The court found in favor of Immersion's claims that Sony's Dual Shock controllers, the standard sticks for Sony's PlayStation and PlayStation 2, and several of its games infringe on two of its patents.
    So, even though it is not the whole controller, it is a massive part of the controller that gives it its name and without it, the controller would be another plain controller.

Shinin said:
    Why is everyone here anti-Sony? PS2 is awesome. Stop being idiot Nintendo fanboys (or fangirls).
    Please stop flaming people by calling them idiots for liking certain systems more than others. And let's see, this is a Pokemon forum and Pokemon is on a Nintendo system so, yes, I beleive a lot of us are avid Nintendo fans.

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    Sony never interested me.I'm more partial to Nintendo than Sony.I don't hate them
    or anything,just is my personal preference.Now,I hate the Xbox.

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
    yeah i like nintendo better, i didnt read all the posts but it seems that the ps2 is getting in trouble for steeling ideas (duel shock controller)

but it seems Xbox have only had one or two games of there own =/

but in my opinion nintendo is the best by far

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
    Years
    Wait a sec, does this mean there wont be any more PS2's on the shelves, or their games? *drops dead*

Back