• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No More Scans?!

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    Ha ha, don't worry guys, I'm not one of those people who will start screaming, "HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY INUYASHA!!!! YOU'LL REGRET THAT!!!!"

Serebii has the best information, I think. Pokecommunity has scans and cooler people=D

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2009
    Ha ha, don't worry guys, I'm not one of those people who will start screaming, "HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY INUYASHA!!!! YOU'LL REGRET THAT!!!!"

Serebii has the best information, I think. Pokecommunity has scans and cooler people=D
    i not one of those people. im more like ehh your opinion but im going to go enjoy my ending in the coming weeks.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years

yah, that pretty much sums it up right there. Never did like the tone of Serebii's forums too much to be honest, although like i've said, never seen anything to n00bish

Years
    Wow I'm surprised good ol' Joe isn't all over this yet. He has a knack of searching for his username "Serebii" just to find threads that talk about him and at least quell anything said against him.

Anyway, from my previous experience there, Joe is in a new level of elitism. Sometimes I think that the uppers here are elitists, but good ol' Serebii Joe brings it to a new level. Like you said, eliminating competition simply because he's the best there is. And like what Maxim said, he's the Sun King. Shining all over the place.

Anyway, the whole manga thing stemmed a long way back ever since my friends and I attempted to spark interesting in the manga and then Coronis just happens to start working for Serebii. But that was a long time ago. Now, apparently from what I'm reading, Coronis stopped working and Serebii just lost another vital part of his monopoly on Pokemon... so I guess he's just going dirty and starts attacking the actual fanbase of the manga... a little odd hm?

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
    Anyway, from my previous experience there, Joe is in a new level of elitism. Sometimes I think that the uppers here are elitists, but good ol' Serebii Joe brings it to a new level. Like you said, eliminating competition simply because he's the best there is. And like what Maxim said, he's the Sun King. Shining all over the place.

Elitist! Yeah! That's the word I was looking for!

I agree. All admins of bigger forums in the fandom are elitists, but Merrick wipes them out to the ground. He's an elitist titan.

Anyway, the whole manga thing stemmed a long way back ever since my friends and I attempted to spark interesting in the manga and then Coronis just happens to start working for Serebii. But that was a long time ago. Now, apparently from what I'm reading, Coronis stopped working and Serebii just lost another vital part of his monopoly on Pokemon... so I guess he's just going dirty and starts attacking the actual fanbase of the manga... a little odd hm?

So, you think that whole fiasco has something to do with Coronis's quit? Possible, possible. If it's so, then it is REALLY cruel of him.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    Yeah... he runs a freaking Pokemon fansite. A fansite. And I guess to him, his site's monopoly on PokeSpecial info is more important than the happiness of fans.

But, I guess, he probably sees and cares about nothing but power.

Last edited:

ladygalaxy

Shigeru/Green fangirl
    Years
    I was thinking of setting up an LJ community for the mangas. It'd be a bit like the pkmntrans.illusory-fragments site, except that as a community we could continue with all the discussions and member contributions related to the scans themselves, just like the forum here. I already PM-ed Avegailled about it, since she's the only other major LJ user I've seen on here, but would anyone be interested? How many people here even use/are willing to sign up for Livejournal? =S

lalalagirl

Die-hard Oldrivalshipper >:D~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    I was thinking of setting up an LJ community for the mangas. It'd be a bit like the pkmntrans.illusory-fragments site, except that as a community we could continue with all the discussions and member contributions related to the scans themselves, just like the forum here. I already PM-ed Avegailled about it, since she's the only other major LJ user I've seen on here, but would anyone be interested? How many people here even use/are willing to sign up for Livejournal? =S

That sounds awesome. It makes more sense to do it there than talking about scans here and posting it on pkmn trans :) I'm willing to sign up for LJ just for it haha~

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    I LJ. XDDD

omni89 and I have been kinda sorta working on a forum for the pkmntrans site. That's another possible community-type-thing for the scans.

ladygalaxy

Shigeru/Green fangirl
    Years
    I LJ. XDDD

omni89 and I have been kinda sorta working on a forum for the pkmntrans site. That's another possible community-type-thing for the scans.

Hmm there's a thought. Well I dno, but in my opinion, it's always better to have more options available! Just incase you know, Merrick suddenly decides INDIVIDUAL WEBSITES hosting manga are threatening his wield over the fandom too >.<

And I dno, maybe the LJ could be for more than just hosting scans, we could also have fanarts, PokeSpe fanfics, fanmixes etcetc. And of course we could affiliate with the pkmntrans site too :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    And I dno, maybe the LJ could be for more than just hosting scans, we could also have fanarts, PokeSpe fanfics, fanmixes etcetc. And of course we could affiliate with the pkmntrans site too :)

Yes yes yes!!!

There's a PokeSpe LJ comm called pokemon_special, but it is so quiet and tiny ;_; bigger pokespe comm PLZ.

ladygalaxy

Shigeru/Green fangirl
    Years
    Yes yes yes!!!

There's a PokeSpe LJ comm called pokemon_special, but it is so quiet and tiny ;_; bigger pokespe comm PLZ.

Rly? I didn't even see that comm listed when I did an interest search! xD

All righty. Avegaille and I have agreed. THE LJ SHALL GO AHEAD!
    (We've a little while to go before the actual thing gets set up though xD).
    I'm thinking we allow it for ANY manga discussion, but PokeSpe will be the main focus.
    All scans will of course, be friends locked, so for those who do not want to join LJ or go under moderated membership, pkmntrans will always be up and running! :)

Now....name suggestions? :S

Donna

~
    Years

What an.. awesome idea!! More like our place, all filled with PokeSpe. (Haha this section of PC is too small >:D We need a bigger section~!)

Hmm a name eh? .. my mind is kinda blank.

pkmaster

PkmnMaster
    Years
    still......

but r we still having our conversations here. i mean we've been here for a while and all these options might seperate us all....( im not saying its a bad idea its still good.....) i dont say much but its good getting all this info and u no its worthwhile.
    (note to u: im known to say random stuff sometimes:P :D )

Last edited:

pkmaster

PkmnMaster
    Years
    Theres a way around all of this. First all you have to do is put the scans on pkmntrans.illusory-fragments.net, if a new one is released make an anouncement here to inform us of the release.

they could open pkmntrans.illusory-fragments.net forums and post it there, and we would have to check on it.

or we could use th good old buddy system, which is a terrible way to pass it around since no one could get it.

also we could still have the release thread were when one comes out we have to post link me Please and the volume #.
    well that website doesnt work no more....

(All scans will of course, be friends locked, so for those who do not want to join LJ or go under moderated membership, pkmntrans will always be up and running! )
    the webstie doesnt work anymore

Last edited:

Baa.Baa.Blacksheep

Lean on me~
    Years
    I would totally dust off my LJ account for a PokeSpe Community. XD It's good to spread out our troops, just in case the Empire gets a wiff of our plans and tries to destroy it. You don't want to keep all your eggs in the same basket!

As for a name...um...Yeah, I got nothing. XD

Years
    Oh...

I would totally dust off my LJ account for a PokeSpe Community. XD It's good to spread out our troops, just in case the Empire gets a wiff of our plans and tries to destroy it. You don't want to keep all your eggs in the same basket!

As for a name...um...Yeah, I got nothing. XD

"The Empire"....the online manga viewing websites still work.

Back