• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen No More X and Y News

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    There won't be any big leaks. Trust me on this one.

Also I now found out there are people who hate blind playthrough. What is wrong with you guys? Blind playtroughs are the best in Pokemon. Spoilers and leaks can die.

Frankly I'm glad I'm finally gonna play a Pokemon game without knowing everything and every Pokemon before I play it since gen 3. That's pretty much the best thing about X/Y so far for me.
    They certainly are. One never knows what may pop up. It actually feels like one is discovering the region and it's Pokemon, not knowing where everything or everyone is.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I'm gonna have no choice than to get spoiled, I am planning to buy the game but I don't own a 3DS nor do I plan to buy one. I will borrow my cousin's 3DS after he gets bored with X & Y, which will probably take a month.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
    Maybe that's because she has a mega evolution on her team? It's not always about the amount of pokemon on the team you know. Sometimes one pokemon alone can be a pain to take out.

You're right, she does know a great deal about mega evolutions, so one of her Pokemon could be holding a mega stone.

What someone pointed out to me from the mugshot was that unlike the other battle mugshots with the different gym leaders, hers seemed like an ordinary one, much like when you battle that Lass from an earlier screenshot. This could mean she might battle us before the actual gym battle with just two Pokemon. Either way I'm kind of over it now, I am just hoping she doesn't turn out to be another Chuck-like gym leader who goes by too quickly.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    You're right, she does know a great deal about mega evolutions, so one of her Pokemon could be holding a mega stone.

What someone pointed out to me from the mugshot was that unlike the other battle mugshots with the different gym leaders, hers seemed like an ordinary one, much like when you battle that Lass from an earlier screenshot. This could mean she might battle us before the actual gym battle with just two Pokemon. Either way I'm kind of over it now, I am just hoping she doesn't turn out to be another Chuck-like gym leader who goes by too quickly.

A thought occurred to me.

Since Korrina is supposed to know the secret behind mega evolutions, maybe its a tutorial battle where she shows you how to mega evolve pokemon.

It could be anything really, we don't know that's even a gym battle.

Years
    A thought occurred to me.

Since Korrina is supposed to know the secret behind mega evolutions, maybe its a tutorial battle where she shows you how to mega evolve pokemon.

It could be anything really, we don't know that's even a gym battle.
    If you look at the place she and the player are at after the battle scene it's outside...perhaps this is where this tutorial battle takes place.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Every time we say there probably won't be new information some new leaks comes along and makes fools of us.

I think all bets are off for the next few weeks to release.

Years
    They probably will. Possibly on Pokemon Smash, but some others sites might leak them. I don't really like the idea of choosing a starter blindly without seeing the final evolution.
    I've actually never picked a starter without having known it's final evolution (not because I wanted to but because they've always leaked or were shown in the anime before buying a game like in the case of Gen III). Well we got 23 days to go, so leaks could be back to back...or we'll experience a small drought and then a flood at the last minutes.

Years
    Yeah, I agree. I don't want to see nothing else. Even if it is not leaked and the official site updates I won't see the news.

And at this poing, I'll stop checking this part of the forum. lol No More X and Y news for me. :)

cornigames

That one pokemon Tuber!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2013
    Maybe that's because she has a mega evolution on her team? It's not always about the amount of pokemon on the team you know. Sometimes one pokemon alone can be a pain to take out.
    Whitney's miltank...enough said!

Years
    I make up my mind-I'm happy not knowing alot about the game. Even though I am a guy who like to do alot of research about a game before I'm starting it, I like to feel what I felt when I played my first pokemon game(Emerald). It was so fun to explore new world without know anything.

So even if the corocoro leaks come before the game release this time I won't look.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    I really want the full dex to be revealed. I need to know what pokemon are exclusive to which game so I know which to get!

Years
    I make up my mind-I'm happy not knowing alot about the game. Even though I am a guy who like to do alot of research about a game before I'm starting it, I like to feel what I felt when I played my first pokemon game(Emerald). It was so fun to explore new world without know anything.

So even if the corocoro leaks come before the game release this time I won't look.

Me too, I'll shut down the internet and play other games, or do homework that day until I get my copy.

Exclusives haven't swayed my option so I don't need the full list to make a final decision.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
    I hate surprises. They're usually bad, or they tend to be for me. You know like, "Surprise, you've just been rear ended!", "surprise, your financial aid is on hold" or "surprise, you've been held back a month!" when you think everything's been going well otherwise. -_-

That said, should there be a leak between now and release, you bet your butt I'm gonna check out the Pokedex list. That's it, though. The story and everything else I'll leave for later. Besides, it'll be a control + F search anyway, it's not like I'll be finding out who the legendaries are beyond what's been revealed or anything technically spoilerific. I'm not that curious, I simply want closure.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The last time I went into a pokemon game blind was Sapphire, and I don't really recall it feeling that different from nowadays. I think I was less satisfied with my final team.

The issue for me with going blind is that I KNOW that when I come across a new pokemon I haven't seen I'll want to know what it evolves into before adding it to my team. I don't enjoy training something that I don't know what it'll turn into.

I wonder how many blind Pearl players were happy when their cherished Glameow evolved.

Back