• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No one can see me with their eyeballs

Years
  • Have you ever gotten the feeling that you are invisible in different places; an unimportant person being blocked by other well known people? It's no doubt that I've had that feeling. And let me tell you, it's frustrating.

Personally, this little grudge occurs on where socializing is involved. There was this one moment where I had something to say for a social group, but that one person arrogantly said "Do we know you?"

Suddenly, I felt left out....So what do you think about your "invisible" moment?

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    My parents ignore me all the time. So do my friends. And my pets. And every person I've ever met.

hashtag ignored

Sirfetch’d

I used to worry about this all of the time. I'd feel that even my family were ignoring me, but I soon realized that I cannot be the person receiving attention all of the time. Now when it feels like I am being ignored, I just think about something else because I know that isn't the case.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
  • At my old high school, that was the story of my life. A week before school ends, this kid whom I've sat with for half the year looks at me and says, "who are you?"

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • I always had the opposite problem. Since I moved a lot, I was always under the "New Kid" status, and since I always moved to white schools, I would also be "the black kid". It didn't help that talking to people was always something that required a lot of focus.

I don't know if I would have preferred being ignored, at least then I probably wouldn't have constantly been told all of the things wrong with me. Though these days, I wouldn't even care anymore.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I see it as a good thing, some of the time. I don't mind being ignored by certain people.

But, no, that doesn't happen much. I:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm a background person. If I'm present and speaking, I am noticed. When I am not, I am forgotten. It's rather devastating. So I try to ignore it.

Years
  • This happened to me all the time, and it still does on some occasion. Like when I first started going to the battle server, I was only greeted by name by Wind Heart, who knew it was me.. but the more I went into the server, the more people started to get to know me, thus the more social I became in there.

And the same here on PC, more and more people got to know me as I began posting. Let me remind y'all I maybe had only 400 posts or so about 7 months ago xD

Years
  • I am the type of person that doesn't hang around a large group of people and generally don't enjoy TOO much attention. But we are all human beings (at least I hope soXD) and we all need love, care, friends, family and attention. And sleep, aaaaand food, water, ect. Blah blah blah.

Years
  • I feel bad about getting ignored, especially if I wanna get someone's attention for something. Also because I'm not one to approach others, and if I'm being ignored that would preclude any kind of interaction with people I don't know, so there's that. But generally I'm okay with it, it's a fact of life and all that yadda yadda

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    "To see me does not necessarily mean to see my face. To understand my thoughts is to have seen me."

Eh, everybody at some point in their life gets ignored.

Dude, 007, being ignored and unseen are two very different things.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Sometimes when I'm with the group of friends I hang out with in uni, they don't really interact with me as much as they interact with each other. Perhaps it's because I'm not as chatty as the others, or it's because they don't know and understand me well enough? I'm quite used to it, but sometimes it just makes me kinda sad. I guess this is one of the ways one sorts out one's true friends from the others.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I wasn't invisible during high school, even though some days I wanted to be. I had my fair share of being ignored though like everyone else in the world. People just get annoying after awhile. When I was in Advanced Individual Training I swear to god someone in my platoon would knock on my door every 5 minutes. "Hey is Bobe there?" "Bobe want to go to the smoke pit?" "Bobe, you got any chew?" "Bobe, battle me to the PX?" "Bobe, we're all going to the mall, you in?" All I wanted to do on the weekends there was sleep, so much for that.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • For a talkative person like me, it's hard not to get noticed. I have a bad habit of talking a little too loudly, so whenever I speak, everyone knows I'm here. I hog conversations, and usually start them too. Even when I'm silent, my physical appearance doesn't help. I'm reaaally tall, so whenever I'm in a crowd anyone can find me.

Yeah, I'm a noticeable person. XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not easily noticed, so I get that feeling a lot. Honestly, I'd like it to stay this way, because I'm a shy person and could get quite nervous when people are paying too much attention to me. One thing I do to make sure that people don't notice me is whenever I'm with a group of friends or family members, I always try to blend in with them. xD"

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
  • I get ignored a lot, so it doesn't matter to me.
    However, I just wanted to be notice a little bit saying..
    "uhh, hey, I'm here." It's a bad feeling being ignored.
    But they sure can see me, I know they just do it on purpose.

Back