• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No Plans for Ruby and Sapphire Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyMewtwoXD

Shiny Trainer
Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Hey guys,

I just came up with a Pokemon theory on why there may NOT be remakes made for ruby and sapphire versions at all.

First off, in order for ruby and sapphire remakes to happen, Nintendo would have to be in their workshops literally as I speak to coincide with the 10th anniversary of ruby and sapphire for next year in 2012, since ruby and sapphire came out in 2002 in Japan. And theoretically, this is impossible.

1) Nintendo is NOT gonna waste their time developing 5 new Pokemon titles (Black, White, Gray, ruby remake, and sapphire remake) for the original DS. Nintendo wants to start working on Pokemon games for the 3DS A.S.A.P. And I know what you're thinking, "Oh well then they can just make ruby and sapphire remakes for the 3DS" Well, that can't work either. If they remake ruby and sapphire for the 3DS, how is it gonna be compatible with black and white? Especially if ruby and sapphire remakes are still supposed to be part of the 5th generation, why would pokemon games being part of the same generation NOT be compatible with each other?

2) When Nintendo reveals new Pokemon titles for the 3DS, they want to start off with 6TH GENERATION GAMES, not remakes.

3) Making Ruby and Sapphires remakes is a sort of redundant in some ways because you can catch the Hoenn legendaries in HG and SS, and those games are still technically new. They made that way so that they didn't have to make ruby and sapphire remakes right away cuz it be ways off; or, if anything, not make them at all.

4) And if they are working on Gray Version as we speak, planning to be released next year (which many fans are specualting) then they will miss the deadline of the 10th anniversary of ruby and sapphire to make remakes for them, which is next year.

But these are just a few hypotheses on why ruby and sapphire remakes may never see the light of day.

K thanks =)

Voul

S u p p o r t i n g [M e]
    Years
  • Hey guys,

I just came up with a Pokemon theory on why there may NOT be remakes made for ruby and sapphire versions at all.

First off, in order for ruby and sapphire remakes to happen, Nintendo would have to be in their workshops literally as I speak to coincide with the 10th anniversary of ruby and sapphire for next year in 2012, since ruby and sapphire came out in 2002 in Japan. And theoretically, this is impossible.

1) Nintendo is NOT gonna waste their time developing 5 new Pokemon titles (Black, White, Gray, ruby remake, and sapphire remake) for the original DS. Nintendo wants to start working on Pokemon games for the 3DS A.S.A.P. And I know what you're thinking, "Oh well then they can just make ruby and sapphire remakes for the 3DS" Well, that can't work either. If they remake ruby and sapphire for the 3DS, how is it gonna be compatible with black and white? Especially if ruby and sapphire remakes are still supposed to be part of the 5th generation, why would pokemon games being part of the same generation NOT be compatible with each other?

2) When Nintendo reveals new Pokemon titles for the 3DS, they want to start off with 6TH GENERATION GAMES, not remakes.

3) Making Ruby and Sapphires remakes is a sort of redundant in some ways because you can catch the Hoenn legendaries in HG and SS, and those games are still technically new. They made that way so that they didn't have to make ruby and sapphire remakes right away cuz it be ways off; or, if anything, not make them at all.

4) And if they are working on Gray Version as we speak, planning to be released next year (which many fans are specualting) then they will miss the deadline of the 10th anniversary of ruby and sapphire to make remakes for them, which is next year.

But these are just a few hypotheses on why ruby and sapphire remakes may never see the light of day.

K thanks =)

Why would they remake Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald?... Oh... I think I might know.

As for Gray Version... Whaaaaattttt!??!! Where's Pokemon Brown, Orange, and Purple!??!?!!

ShinyMewtwoXD

Shiny Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Why would they remake Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald?... Oh... I think I might know.

As for Gray Version... Whaaaaattttt!??!! Where's Pokemon Brown, Orange, and Purple!??!?!!

Those could be the colors for the 6th generation lol

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Hey guys,

K thanks =)

1. WIRELESS, (i.e. without requiring specific stuff SUCH AS ports, except for cases like Bluetooth,) tech is great tech. (Plus, the 3DS is DS game compatible, making it even more likely.)
    2. The theory is that the 5th gen will continue on the 3DS as BW came out just in time for its platform to be succeeded. I think BW was too far along in development by the time GF heard about the 3DS, which is the only reason those specific games are on the DS.
    3. You were able to catch all the Johto legendaries without hacking over time in Gen III. In fact, Pokemon Colosseum got some press for reintroducing some Johto Pokemon...
    4. FRLG did not come out on RB's anniversary.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    The games would still be compatible. The 3DS can play DS games and all. Not to mention, compatibility these days is based on WiFi and wireless connections. Both the DS and the 3DS connect in the same ways. ... Really, it wouldn't surprise me if even Gray was released for the 3DS.

Where was this confirmed? More importantly, where was a sixth generation confirmed?

All of the Johto legendaries were available through various methods in Generation 3. And yet, HGSS happened. Remakes aren't at all dependent on which legendaries are unavailable.

Do the remakes really have to always be released ten years after the original? It's just a trend that's been seen twice before, not an absolutely-necessary requirement. ... Actually, I'm not even sure FRLG was released on RBY's ten-year anniversary.

I'm pretty much convinced RSE remakes are coming this gen, mainly because HM Dive returned and Shoal Salt / Shoal Shells are apparently present in BW's coding despite not being used for anything in the actual game. I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen.

Ayselipera

There is already a sticky thread dedicated to this in Pokemon Gaming Central here. Please post there from now on, thank you!

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back