• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "No Post-Game"?

Years
    I enjoy post-games a lot, but with this game, people need to be realistic. In Johto, your Pokémon when you finished up were, on average, in the mid to upper 40s, which enabled an opportunity for plenty more training. And you also had a 'goal' - to beat Red (I always saw beating Red as the ultimate goal of beating the game, not beating the Elite Four). In this game, especially if you've used the Exp. Share, then your Pokémon would probably be in the 60s or even 70s depending on how much you've trained, by the time you finish the League.

Therefore I don't really see the need for a 'post-game' at least not in terms of training your Pokémon, and mini-missions are fine.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    Saint Sophie, I appreciate your opinion. However, more post game is not by any stretch of the imagination a negative. Saying we want more post game is not an insult at the developers, but valuable feedback that they will hopefully strive to implement in the next game.

I totally appreciate the fact that making a game for a new platform had to expend a large amount of their effort. The next game won't have that problem, and hopefully the devs will have more time to implement more post-elite 4 content. We shouldn't just say 'hey it's ok like it is'. We definitely should be (and there is nothing wrong with) telling the devs "we love this series so much. what you created is awesome and next time we want more after the elite 4 to explore".

A lot of effort clearly went into the online battle and trading side of this game that probably took up dev time that would otherwise have been spent on post game. I'd be willing to bet that more post game will be put in for the second game on this platform.

Years
    Saint Sophie, I appreciate your opinion. However, more post game is not by any stretch of the imagination a negative. Saying we want more post game is not an insult at the developers, but valuable feedback that they will hopefully strive to implement in the next game.

I totally appreciate the fact that making a game for a new platform had to expend a large amount of their effort. The next game won't have that problem, and hopefully the devs will have more time to implement more post-elite 4 content. We shouldn't just say 'hey it's ok like it is'. We definitely should be (and there is nothing wrong with) telling the devs "we love this series so much. what you created is awesome and next time we want more after the elite 4 to explore".

A lot of effort clearly went into the online battle and trading side of this game that probably took up dev time that would otherwise have been spent on post game. I'd be willing to bet that more post game will be put in for the second game on this platform.

I think that's exactly the problem - there just wasn't time to implement a post-game. When I defeated the Elite Four I was actually gutted that the storyline hadn't been fleshed out a lot more. The story with Lysandre, Team Flare and especially AZ had a great deal of potential to be probably the best storyline in a Pokémon game so far (and for me, it would take a lot to top N and Ghetsis's storyline!) but it was all over pretty quickly. Again though, it was probably from the lack of time they had.

I'm sure there's a lot more great stuff to come :)

Years
    My only real complaint with the post game is that the elite four don't get any better I really enjoyed that small aspect of B2/W2

Ludds

I am British
    Years
    As it stands, I am disappointed with the XY post game. The ONE new city is weak compared to the three or so (plus new routes) that Gen V gave us. I know that there is quite a bit to do, but the lack of new places to do it spoils the experience somewhat.

That said, I do think that there is more to come. I'm not sure what, but there are just too many questions left unanswered I think. I foresee either an update or DLC at some point down the line.

NRG

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    It's not up to the 'gold' standard of the gold/silver/crystal post-game that I remember from ye olde days.

However, I couldn't press a button and within a minute be battling someone in korea back then. The competitive battling makes up for the lack of post-game for me.

Years
    The problem is that the Maison has no variety... nothing like the Frontier. And things like Contests and the PokeAthlon gave players, if they wanted, a fair bit to do outside of battling; there hasn't been anything like that since HG/SS.

I agree, I never really cared for the idea of the Battle Frontier or the Mansion. Just going n and battling just seems repetitive after a while. I also miss that they left out contests , I thought they were fun and gave an alternative to battling.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I don't find it fair to say that the second Gen had the best post-game because it just took you back to a region we've been before, nothing new.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    These people complain about the game's short sights but they don't seem to appreciate the fact that the whole game is in 3D now.
    Appreciate? Game Freak and Nintendo seem to get more money than their efforts justify. They can do more; they only don't because Pocket Monsters is a commercial enterprise. As you probably know, the 'third versions' tend to bring more endgame content; but there doesn't need to be a Z/XY2 —whatever it/they will have could be in XY right now (if they'd take a little more time developing, of course, but there's no reason they couldn't)— but there will be because they know people will buy it/them. I see no reason to believe that Game Freak are going out of their way for their fans. To appreciate 'the nice things they bring us' is... naive, in my opinion. Who, if anyone, should you thank for the clean water you drink as a First-Worlder, when it is ultimately down to pure circumstance or 'as luck would have it' that you are a First-Worlder to begin with? Of course, sorry, I'm presuming upon your location on this world, but it's only an analogy.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I hoped the chateau would be like the tree hollow, but it is just a place full of figjams and audino users. So boring. The mansion isnt my type either I am not into battle tower / mansions etc. I want to explore and get exp. I was also disappointed by the unknown cave. All there is is a mewtwo waiting to be captured. I hoped you could explore a bit.
    Same with the safari. wooo a square with grass . how great. sure it is a neat idea to have different pokes per friend(I think they should have let acquaintances influence the friend safari as well) I would have preferred if it was like the HG/SS safari zone and the friend part.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    Either we have to do a petition or they will gonna update the game sooner or later... I just finished the game earlier and I must say that I can already see the post-game that I will be playing. And if this continues, imma get bored with it fast and just breed for good mons... Don't get me wrong though, I will still continue playing but not for the fun of it but for breeding... Like a robot.

Back