• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No Stereo Mix?

funrush

How's it going?
Years
  • So, I just downloaded Camstudio and was ready to record. I take a small test recording, and realize that it has no sound. I look for some fixes and here was one that said to check "Show disabled/disconnected devices" and there should be an option named "Stereo Mix" and you go on from there. I clicked Show disabled/disconnected devices, and there was no Stereo Mix option, there was nothing that wasn't already there. The three options I get for recording are: Microphone, Line in, and rear mic. I'm using the operating system Vista. Is there any solution to this? I would really appreciate it.

Years
  • Does the microphone work outside of Camstudio? If it doesn't this may be a driver issue, if it does then it might not be compatible with the software.
    Either way you should trying re-installing drivers/updating them.

funrush

How's it going?
    Years
  • No, not microphone, I meant the speakers. I really should have clarified that. I was trying to record what comes out of the speakers, so the sound from the game would be there also instead of just my voice. I'm recording my mic using Audacity.

Years
  • Do you mean your trying to record the sounds that are coming from the game/program? Because as far as I know it should do that on its own :S
    But maybe it might be the settings if its not. If you go into video settings and make sure your using the DIVX option you should change the settings to this
    Set key frame rates every: 30 frames
    Capture frames every: 50 milliseconds
    playback rate: 20

and make sure auto adjust is unticked.

I think i read somewhere that that can affect how the video and sound work together

Years
  • What version are you using? Is it 2.0 or beta?
    I'd advise switching to the other because acording to that thread there isn't a fix for it

funrush

How's it going?
    Years
  • 2.0. I figured it'd be better since it's a stable release, but I guess not. So, I guess I'll switch to 2.6 and try it out.

Back