• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No title: Pokemon idea... input please!

darkmewham2

Cold's catch rate- 100%. D:
    Years
    This game will feature minimal fakemon, and some Pokemon from the Sinnoh region. Here's some points that I wish to acchieve in this hack that I have written out before.

-Shorter than most hacks, but covers many areas quickly without dragging on. Goes back to previous areas while keeping a forward pace.
    -Minimal "fakemon", mainly new evolutions and pre-evolutions.
    -Story with plot twists, more developed than most Pokemon games.
    -No "dumbing", this game assumes the player has played Pokemon before.
    -Some way to make it so that you evolve more Pokemon then what is just on your team.
    -Different than other Pokemon games.
    -Become a Gym Leader's actual apprentice.
    -Start out at Pokeschool, and return... but not often.
    -Many clues to where you have to go next, not easy to get stuck.

PLOT:
    The rival and main character are both students at a boarding school in the Gorro region. Their parents are spies, and their latest project was to investigate Gorro Products. There is suspicion of Pokemon violence in this company, but it is trusted by people all over the world... I wish not to spoil more! The two main characters steal some Pokemon from the lab and travel out in their two seperate directions: two routes that both lead to the next city. You fight the trainers along the way and collect enough money to buy some Pokeballs. By the time the main character has gotten there, the PokeMart closed, but the rival pitches in a few of his Pokeballs for the character. The only way to get to the next city is to go down the road that the rival went down, but the school was out looking for them. They decide to resist against them, and end up winning and going onto the next town, now known as criminals.

As the story paces on, the two characters have to split up to avoid being recognized as a pair. At other times they are recognized, and have to pose as members of Team Rocket... Yet another spoiler here, so I will stop there. :)

FIRST SCRIPT PLANNING:

(location: class room)
    Teacher: And so, four effort values equals one point of the Pok('e)mon's stat...
    (Jingle similar to a phone ringing)
    (Teacher walks over to the phone)
    Teacher: (character), the principal needs to talk to you immediately.
    (character walks out of door of classroom)

(location: the hall)
    (Exclamation appears above rival's head)
    RIVAL: (character)! I was just called to the principal's office. Where are you going?
    Is that so? You were called too?
    We better see what the principal needs.
    (character follows rival to a building)
    (Rival steps aside from the door)

(location: principal's office)
    (Rival steps inside, stands next to door)
    Principal: (Rival), (character); you're here. See, this is hard to say, but... your parents have been captured.
    (music disappears)
    Principal: They sent a ransom notice, but it is not anything that you two would be able to gather yourselves, especially without Pok('e)mon... But the police are trying as hard as possible to get them back.
    RIVAL: Wh... Who captured them?
    Principal: We are not sure, but we think it was someone from Gorro Products.
    Rival: That's the place that they were spying! We knew there was something fishy going on with them!
    Principal: Instead of returning home this weekend, you will return to your weekday dorms. You must not leave unless you want to be captured as well.
    (Rival and player leave principal's office)

(location: outside)
    Rival: I think you do know, Gorro Products is the biggest company in Gorro. They practically own the region. I guess the suspicions were right... we have to go after our parents.
    (player), whats wrong?
    box:
    a| Nothing
    b| What if no one believes us?

a|RIVAL: It seems like you are afraid about Gorro Products being the most trusted company in the country... but don't worry. We'll be spies, just like our parents.
    b|RIVAL: We'll just have to try to be inconspicuous, like our parents... (Sis/ Bro), it will be all right.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
    Years
    My take by take

This game will feature minimal fakemon, and some Pokemon from the Sinnoh region. Here's some points that I wish to acchieve in this hack that I have written out before.

-Shorter than most hacks, but covers many areas quickly without dragging on. A good featureGoes back to previous areas while keeping a forward pace.
    -Minimal "fakemon", mainly new evolutions and pre-evolutions.
    -Story with plot twists, more developed than most Pokemon games.I like when people try to do this. I hope you have a good plot, but lets keep reading.
    -No "dumbing", this game assumes the player has played Pokemon before.Thank you
    -Some way to make it so that you evolve more Pokemon then what is just on your team.
    -Different than other Pokemon games.How?
    -Become a Gym Leader's actual apprentice.Cool
    -Start out at Pokeschool, and return... but not often.
    -Many clues to where you have to go next, not easy to get stuck.

PLOT:
    The rival and main character are both students at a boarding school in the Gorro region. Their parents are spiesFor who?, and their latest project was to investigate Gorro ProductsWait....isn't Gorro the name of the region?. There is suspicion of Pokemon violence in this company, but it is trusted by people all over the world... I wish not to spoil more!Understandable The two main characters steal some Pokemon from the labWHY? and travel out in their two seperate directions: two routes that both lead to the next cityWhy do they want to get there? Where are they going? The pokeschool? You said you start out at the pokeschool.... You fight the trainers along the way and collect enough money to buy some Pokeballs. By the time the main character has gotten there, the PokeMart closed, but the rival pitches in a few of his Pokeballs for the character. The only way to get to the next city is to go down the road that the rival went down, but the schoolWhich? The pokeschool? was out looking for them. They decide to resist against them,Why? Don't they want to get their? What is the school trying to do? I'm confused and end up winning and going onto the next town, now known as criminalsFor running away from school they're criminals?.

As the story paces on, the two characters have to split up to avoid being recognized as a pair. At other times they are recognized, and have to pose as members of Team Rocket... Yet another spoiler here, so I will stop there. :)

FIRST SCRIPT PLANNING:

(location: class room)
    Teacher: And so, four effort values equals one point of the Pok('e)mon's stat...
    (Jingle similar to a phone ringing)
    (Teacher walks over to the phone)
    Teacher: (character), the principal needs to talk to you immediately.
    (character walks out of door of classroom)

(location: the hall)
    (Exclamation appears above rival's head)
    RIVAL: (character)! I was just called to the principal's office. Where are you going?
    Is that so? You were called too?
    We better see what the principal needs.
    (character follows rival to a building)
    (Rival steps aside from the door)

(location: principal's office)
    (Rival steps inside, stands next to door)
    Principal: (Rival), (character); you're here. See, this is hard to say, but... your parents have been captured.
    (music disappears)
    Principal: They sent a ransom notice, but it is not anything that you two would be able to gather yourselves, especially without Pok('e)mon... But the police are trying as hard as possible to get them back.
    RIVAL: Wh... Who captured them?
    Principal: We are not sure, but we think it was someone from Gorro Products.
    Rival: That's the place that they were spying! FOR WHO?We knew there was something fishy going on with them!
    Principal: Instead of returning home this weekend, you will return to your weekday dorms. You must not leave unless you want to be captured as well.
    (Rival and player leave principal's office)

(location: outside)
    Rival: I think you do know, Gorro Products is the biggest company in Gorro. They practically own the region. I guess the suspicions were right... we have to go after our parents.So the school condemns them as criminals? Aling with the police?
    (player), whats wrong?
    box:
    a| Nothing
    b| What if no one believes us?

a|RIVAL: It seems like you are afraid about Gorro Products being the most trusted company in the country... but don't worry. We'll be spies, just like our parents.
    b|RIVAL: We'll just have to try to be inconspicuous, like our parents... (Sis/ Bro), it will be all right.Your rival is your sibling?

Its a very nice idea. Just, for me, I saw some plot holes and unexplained events (Who are the parents spying for? Is there actually a centralized government in this game?) but this hack has great potential. Keep up the work.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    H. 'Tis a letter that starts many a word (such as me), but one word... has no right place being here. *hinthint*

Anyways, the story is well-written, but perhaps not... well-developed enough. All I can gather is... those two sentences that you just said. Frankly, that's not much of a story...

Where does it go from there? What do you do? It all sounds scandalous enough, just... please provide more detail.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Please keep it out of the Game Development section! What is hard to understand about this forum being for games and the ROM section for hacking. It makes sense.

Back