• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

no YOU talk first!!!!!

Raizhu

the end
Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Sometimes I start the conversation, and sometimes the other person does. I usually go through my friend list to check who's online and who isn't.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Offline: I'll try to start a topic to get something going. Because it's awkward just to stand there saying nothing.

Online: If it's MSN or VMs I'll never start talking first, I feel like I'm bugging the person. If I have something to talk about then sure... if not then it'll be months before I say something (because I have that feeling of bugging them).

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
    Years
  • 97% of the time I let other people talk first. To be honest with you i'm one of those shy people who are not good with people but when you're with friends you act like a crazy wacko. Also when it comes to the internet I get along with people (not getting shy) than talking on the phone or in person. For some reason I get nervous... I bet i'm the only one like this /shot

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I don't really understand how I could bother someone online so I usually start up conversations. If I'm bugging them then they could just say "hey I'm busy right now" and then I'll chat em up next time. If people are busy status, then obviously I don't bug them, but I usually just start with a customary hello. I dunno, I just think it's a bit strange to dive into conversation before even saying hi, but I don't mind it when others do it to me though :3
    I start convos offline if it's appropriate. Obviously I'm not gonna interrupt someone or bug them if they look busy, but I usually don't turn down conversations unless it's a telemarketer or if I am rushing to get somewhere quickly/ rushing to get something done.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • I'm usually the one that starts a conversation irl. But online, I wait until someone talks to me (80% of the time) because you can't tell the emotions and stuff of a person online, and you never know if they want to talk o you lol. owo

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I don't like to start conversations most of the time outside of PC because I feel like I'm annoying people by doing that. On PC however I don't mind because there is normally something that can be talked about. I like to send random and pointless VMs as conversation starters.

Harebrained

Switch to decaf? Never!
    Years
  • I guess it might sound kinda mean, but I think I subconsciously avoid people who are really, really passive about socializing. I get tired out when I'm trying to keep up with a large selection of people, and I have a history of people getting a stick up their butt about it if I don't seek them out enough or complaining that no one talks to them.

Years
  • There's always this nagging feeling that I'll just be boring and have nothing to talk about if I start up a conversation, so that impulse prevents me from doing so. If someone starts talking to me, though, I can go on for hours on end. It's the same online as well as offline.

This, exactly this. I always have a feeling I'm annoying the person I'm talking to, even with my pairs and my friends who I've been talking to for over a year.
    Although unlike Mr Cat Dog I'm not the same offline x3 If you try talking to me offline it'll take a while before I start having a proper conversation with you ^-^'

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I usually am the one who starts convos, because most people I know are in the "don't want annoy other people" side XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Oh my goood, I am so awkward when I start conversations. XD; Usually I'm like "sup" and then they're like "not much, you" and I'm like "oh, not much" and I have zero follow up for any sort of other conversation. Soooo I tend to wait for someone else to initiate the conversation because they can likely do better than me haha.

Inspiration

All Rights Reserved.
    Years
  • I'm not great with starting a conversation. Basically, I wait for some people to notice me, then we start talking. If we do start talking, everything goes wild. But since I'm just a newbie, I'll just sit back and wait for someone to VM me. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i'm quite the conversation starter online. although the things i say to people don't really pave the way for a good conversation. the things i say actually repel people, most of the time.

irl i only greet customers. i don't greet others but i'm not unwelcoming nor do i avoid conversation, i treat people i'm introduced to (for instance, new coworkers) as if i'm used to them being around. one on one conversation eventually happens, but i don't go looking for it.

Back