• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Non-Legendary worthy of Legendary status!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
A simple question - which Non-Legendary Pokemon(s) do you think are worthy of being given a "Legendary" status & why, if you were given a choice?

According to me, I'd say Electivire :t125: & Magmortar :t126:

The first & foremost reason is that according to rumours (I don't know how true they were), when Pokemon's first games were about to be released the trio of Jynx/Electabuzz/Magmar were in consideration to be the three Legendaries, but later the trio of Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres was created & that status was given to them.

And anyways, both Electivire & Magmortar have awesome designs, decent movesets, can learn moves to cover their weaknesses, have good stats (both have Defenses of 67, which might be a bit low, but I think they're capable of taking a few hits) & have the ability to be used as sweepers.

So my choice - Electivire & Magmortar (would have said Electabuzz & Magmar, if not for their Evolved forms)

Pika Pika :chu:

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I don't think they'd work as legendaries anymore. There isn't anything mystical about them, and they evolve with manmade items :/

There are a lot of pokemon that I would give legendary status, because of the myths they gave the pokemon world, and the stories the created in the world. The Arcanine line, the Zoruark line, the Lucario line, the Volcarona line.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
One Pokémon that instantly comes to mind while reading this thread title would have to be Volcarona, for sure.

It's a bug-fire type, which, I believe (and am positive many others would agree), is very much suitable for some legendary. Maybe not all, but some legendaries are known to have rare type combinations like this, as it helps enhance their distinction from average Pokémon.

Above all that, Volcarona is superbly powerful, and with the right move-set, it would be able to take down almost anything in a heartbeat. I've used it many times before, and due to its overall strength, this Pokémon has always seemed to have been easy to utilize.

Years
Arcanine and Gyarados. They already look like Legendaries, I dont care about the stats lol.

Wasnt Arcanine meant to be Legendary in the first place? Anyway, those two.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
Well since you mentioned Arcanine, I think its counterpart Ninetales too could be worthy of a Legendary status, coz it was apparently created when "9 noble saints were united & reincarnated as this Pokemon" (Pokedex entry of Yellow) & moreover touching its tail invokes a 1000-year curse (seriously?). Well these are traits of a Legendary, right?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Dragonite & Dragonair
There was a time when Fans use to believe Dragonite to be a Legendary Pokemon. (Specially those who didn't played the game)
Hack , Dragonair can control climate and appear various time acting as a Legendary Pokemon that inhabit a lake.
It make MAD that Iris caught & keep a free dragonite when Ash is not allow to keep Goodra.

Years
Anything but Arcanine is the wrong answer.

Absol's always had a bit of a legendary vibe to it, seeing as how it's such a mysterious Pokemon that is rarely seen by humans. They could've really built on the fact that it's the misunderstood "Disaster Pokemon," and worked that into the legends of the Pokemon world, much like they have with some of the other legendary Pokemon.

The only other one that comes off the top of my head would be Aerodactyl, which could have been portrayed as an ancestor to the legendary birds of Kanto.

KittiOcelotti

"Smell ya later!"
Years
Arcanine, because it was originally created to be a legendary, but then they changed it ;(

I mean, it's even known as "The Legendary Pokémon"

How could it not be one?

BazTheProgrammer

Working on a Pokemon ROM hack I hope to release it
Years
Victini, He is not a legendary but looks like one and kinda has the whole event thing which suggests he is. Although some people think he is a legendary he is actually named a "mythical" Pokemon.

Years
Victini, He is not a legendary but looks like one and kinda has the whole event thing which suggests he is. Although some people think he is a legendary he is actually named a "mythical" Pokemon.
While Legendary and Mythical Pokemon are technically seperate things, pretty much everyone still thinks of them as the same thing. Mew, Arceus, Genesect, and a few others are Mythical Pokemon rather than legendaries, but they're still grouped with the legendaries of their respective regions. If Victini isn't a Legendary Pokemon, then it sure is as close as you can get to being one.

BazTheProgrammer

Working on a Pokemon ROM hack I hope to release it
Years
While Legendary and Mythical Pokemon are technically seperate things, pretty much everyone still thinks of them as the same thing. Mew, Arceus, Genesect, and a few others are Mythical Pokemon rather than legendaries, but they're still grouped with the legendaries of their respective regions. If Victini isn't a Legendary Pokemon, then it sure is as close as you can get to being one.
Thanks for the feedback!

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Arcanine because it's the Legendary species, and it was initially intended to be one iirc. Volcarona too; it's literally the Sun god and the lore suggests that it was worshipped by ancient civilizations.

The pseudo-legendaries should go up there as well since they're already close to the status in terms of power.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 6, 2015
One Pokémon that instantly comes to mind while reading this thread title would have to be Volcarona, for sure.

It's a bug-fire type, which, I believe (and am positive many others would agree), is very much suitable for some legendary. Maybe not all, but some legendaries are known to have rare type combinations like this, as it helps enhance their distinction from average Pokémon.

Above all that, Volcarona is superbly powerful, and with the right move-set, it would be able to take down almost anything in a heartbeat. I've used it many times before, and due to its overall strength, this Pokémon has always seemed to have been easy to utilize.

Yeah, Volcarona would add to the endless list of fire-type legendaries, but its a good candidate

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
Am I the only person who thought Ditto should have always been a Legendary pokemon?

I mean sure there are obviously areas where they are plentiful, but I thought the fact that they're often kind of concentrated to very specific areas and then appear no where else in a lot of the games makes them relatively rare.
Plus I mean they are one of only three pokemon that can learn "Transform" with the other two being "Mew" and "Smeargle".
I mean we also know pretty much nothing about Ditto, other than it is some kind of primordial pokemon ooze, that carries every kind of pokemon species DNA within it, which always brings up the obvious assumption that it must somehow be connected with Mew, which supposedly carries the Ancestral DNA of every pokemon in existence. I mean when can we start really learning more interesting stuff about Ditto? You could easily tie his background and genetic importance to some crazy mythical legend story. Obviously he's not that fantastic stat wise, but he's still a really mysterious and interesting pokemon, he would make sense to me if tweaked a bit to be more Legendary.

He should at the very least be more unique and could add more depth to the overall background and development of pokemon within the storyline.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
There's this theory about Ditto being a failed clone of Mew. I always thought it was quite interesting. They could have done something like that, and have Ditto be a more interesting Phione. But other than that, I don't think there is anything legendary about Ditto. It's just a rare, cool pokémon. Legendaries need to be unique and have a proper story to them.

RedWolf98

That Guy >.>
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 31, 2015
Some of my thoughts

Lucario: Master of Aura? I don't see any other Pokemon working the aura, and besides he's already a pseudo-legendary. There was a Lucario that could talk in one of the movies (Wasn't he also the guardian of something too?). Lucario is also one of the rarer Pokemon to get ( if you get him at all). Sure he can't move mountains, but he is still candidate for a Legendary position. (Just a Pokedex Entry in Platinum; "A well-trained one can sense auras to identify and take in the feelings of creatures over half a mile away.")

Arcanine: I see him thrown in a lot, and I agree fullheartedly. It isn't just a bad-arse looking Pokemon, but it also isn't half bad on the stats. It is also called the "Legendary Pokemon" on its Pokedex, just throwing that out there.

Ditto: I can see it, though I still regard it as a normal Pokemon. This is pretty much the child of Zoroark and neither are Legendarys, but both are viewed as Pseudo-Legendaries (How I see it)

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
There are a lot of pokemon that I would give legendary status, because of the myths they gave the pokemon world, and the stories the created in the world. The Arcanine line, the Zoruark line, the Lucario line, the Volcarona line.

Arcanine is officially legendary.
I'm not talking about that bogus painting that mad scientist shown with "four legendary pokemon" which we all know. I am talking about the Original Series flat-out called Arcanine a legendary in one of the episodes.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
Another Pokemon worth mentioning is Slaking, just because of its Total Stats (670), which is the same as Groudon/Kyogre & more that many Legendaries but I guess its Truant Ability somehow balances that:P.

Back