• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Non-Obligatory "Hi" Thread]

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I mean, a duskull? That's pretty neat.
    My fascination aside, hello [Insert Handle]. I'm masteraeon (calling me Sieg is easier).
    I think I may as well get this out of the way, but I'm not the biggest pokemon fan out there. Do I like it? 'Course, but I'm definitely not the greatest. Far from it, more of a "casual" player, that is until I get on Pokemon Showdown and duke it out in random battles, occasionally winning some. Besides that, I've come around to do some patch hunting for pokemon fire red. In the end I decided that I needed to post a question, so I made an account and now I get to stare at the auto correct squiggly as I type.
    Forums are relatively foreign to me, but I'll look around and possibly get involved in this, that, and the other thing should they seem neat.
    All that aside, I guess I'll be seeing ya', or not. :t091:
    (Man I hope I did that good.)

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hello, hello, Sieg! Welcome to the forums; but it's okay that you're not the biggest fan out here - we all come in different shapes and sizes, but, all that matters is that we still like pokemon in the end, right? <3

Well hey, you might be interested in our showdown server when you have the time! It's the showdown server that PC battle regulars use to battle and chat and stuff, in which we have events there occasionally. I'm a regular there myself, so, I'd love to have you on board! But oh yeah, definitely explore around the forums, because the more that you do so, the more that you'll get comfy around everything! But you know, it won't be too tough; you'll get everything in no time at all! :3

But you know, don't forget that you're never alone - all of us want to help you make your experience as fun and comfortable for you as much as possible, so, don't be shy on contacting one of us, like the staff team, if you need any assistance! We will provide the best answers to questions that we can!

And have a great stay! Cya around, and I hope you'll have a good night, yeah? Cheers. <3

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Ah thank you, I'll be sure to check out the Showdown server (Though it'll end in slaughter for me).

Years
  • Hello to you too Sieg, welcome to PC! Don't worry how much of a Pokemon fan you are, we'll still accept anyone no matter how much of a fan they are.

If you're someone who visits Showdown regularly you'll definitely love PC's own Showdown server which Dragon showed you, I do hope you can visit because you'll see so many great PC members who hang out there. I happen to be an active regular there myself so I do hope to see you around over there. And definitely look around PC itself because there's so much you can see and do, and you'll meet really awesome people along the way too!

But in the end, don't feel lonely. Everyone here wants to make sure you enjoy PC as we love to make our newbies feel as welcome as possible, and if you ever have a question the staff members are always on hand. Have fun and I'll see you around, Sieg!

- Hikamaru

Years
  • Don't have to be a big Pokemon fan to join - we welcome anyone. ;P We have a lot of people here who are casual fans as well as plenty of hardcore or young/old members running around. PokeCommunity is perfect for anyone!

And haha yeah our showdown server is the bomb. I'm not the best battler but I adore random battles.. the thrill of not knowing what 'mons you get is so exciting! Though I get my butt handed to me 90% of the time, agh. Going to pop on by whenever I'm back home so perhaps we can have a battle or two. :)

Glad to hear you plan to involve yourself in the forum! This place is huge so there is so, so much to do. I like to involve myself in the clubs as well as welcome new peeps and generally just discuss anything and everything. We'll definitely run into each other sometime down the line!

Enjoy your stay and contact a staff member if you need help, yeah?!

Back