• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Non-Rare Holographic ???

Years
    I picked up a Dusclops holographic, and I was thinking, cool :). But then i noticed it was a diamond not a star, and I was pretty dissapointed, Holos always used to be harder to get like they used to rig the booster packs so you only got a holo one in every four or 5. I've picked up my 2nd shiny in a row and it's a bloody diamond.

I don't think holos should be anything else but rare.

Thoughts?

Years
    I picked up a Dusclops holographic, and I was thinking, cool :). But then i noticed it was a diamond not a star, and I was pretty dissapointed, Holos always used to be harder to get like they used to rig the booster packs so you only got a holo one in every four or 5. I've picked up my 2nd shiny in a row and it's a bloody diamond.

I don't think holos should be anything else but rare.

Thoughts?

What you're getting is reverse holofoil cards. They're a different kind of holofoil. Rares and holo rares also come in reverse holofoil forms. Rares do come in every pack, but the cool thing about reverse holofoils is that you could end up with two holofoil rares in a pack. Though you'd have to look at the setlist to find out if yours is the holofoil rare version for the reverse holo (the first pack I got from a set that had reverse holofoils had a reverse holo of the holo rare Vileplume from the Expedition set).

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
    In some ex packs, you'll get holographic Torchics that only have the name of the pack in the corner of the picture. I got one of those in a pack today. <_<

Back