• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Non-Starter Pokemon as your highest level

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I want to know if any of you have done this before? I am asking because I am looking at my little brother's game right now and he has a completely different Pokemon as his highest level Pokemon right now.

Years
  • In my White version, my dreamworld Luxray is my highest level and my starter is my second highest.

Edit: Also, I'm not even using my starters in Diamond and SoulSilver.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I just looked in my bro's PC and apparently he let his starter go. He doesn't even have 30 pokemon

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My highest level is my Volcarona. Level 100 :3

Simipour

Geyser Pokemon
    Years
  • In Black most of my pokemon are in the 80s range. But my Milotic is level 100. They gain experience really fast.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Currently, in Black, the Kyurem I caught in Giant Chasm is the strongest non-starter I have (and yes, I didn't use it).

TY

mine is Mewtwo. he´s lvl 95, then volcarona, then Kyurem

Emboar is lvl 54

Years
  • But of course. Even a starter in the box is nothing unusual at all for me. The game forces you to get one of the starters, but it can't force you to use them permanently.

Years
  • In my current file on Emerald, my Sceptile is level 68, but my Rayquaza is level 75. I don't think that counts, though, seeing as Rayquaza gets a 65-level head-start over your starter.

In Yellow, though, my Butterfree is level 95. I should get it to 100 one of these days. I beat pretty much the whole game with it, just like many players seem to do for the first gym or so, because Pikachu sucks in that regard. I just said, "Screw it," and left Pikachu in the box. To this day, my Pikachu is only at level 20. I've never even tried to evolve it, even before I found out online that it can't be evolved.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I do this all the time. In my current Ruby playthrough, I stopped using my starter, a Marshtomp. Being overemotional and always using your starter doesn't often get you anywhere. I don't care if I sound like Gary, but what matters in the end is strength. I forgot to look at my Mudkip's nature before keeping him, then after Flannery, I found out it was Adamant (A no-good-awful nature for a Swampert), and promptly ditched it.

I calculate stat values
    I breed my way to perfection
    I care about natures
    Haters of my ways gonna hate
    I don't care in the least

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    In White, my highest-level Pokemon is my Krookodile. It wasn't intentional - I usually always obsessively keep ever one of my Pokemon at the same level, but by chance I'd caught a Sandile with extremely high IVs in the right stats, so anytime I needed to get out of a tight spot, Krookodile was called upon to kick the opponent's arse. Because of this, and the fact that his typing gave him a great advantage over at least half of the Elite Four, he was ahead of the rest of my team by about 6 levels by the time I beat Ghetsis, despite my every effort to avert it.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Hmmm I have a lvl 81 Rotom, but I didn't train that myself, I traded it. I actually try to avoid using the starters I get as much as possible, I don't really like them for my team, same goes for fossils and legendaries.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    atm my togekiss is my highest at lv 72.
    then dragonite at 71
    then typhlosion at 70 in my SS.

atm my togekiss is my highest at lv 72.
    then dragonite at 71
    then typhlosion at 70 in my SS.

Last edited:
    Years
  • In my Nuzlocke of Diamond, Porygon-Z ended up being my highest leveled Pokemon, albeit it was because my starter died, same goes for my Machamp in my Sapphire Nuzlocke. It's not a bad thing, really, your brother can still excel if his starter isn't his strongest mon.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • On my Red game file, my highest leveled Pokemon is a Rhydon. It's at level 100 at the moment. Blastoise and Charizard are at levels 87 and 82...

Hey, stuff happens. Rhydon just so happened to be my strongest Pokemon when I took on the Elite Four.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Sometimes it happens to me depending on who I'm training at the time. For example, in R/S/E because of all the blasted water routes, it wasn't uncommon for my Electrode to be several higher levels than my Blaziken going into Victory Road.

Usually I do like to keep all my team around the same level, which does mean that quite often one of my other Pokemon will hit, say, level 46 before I get around to getting the starter to 46.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    I always do that since DPPt because I don't like to use my starter.
    Before Gen IV, I did it just twice, with Nidoqueen having a bigger level than Pikachu and Seadra having a bigger level than Swampert.

Back