• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Noob] Best way to add to my Toxic Tricks deck?

Prons

Boogiepop Penguin
Years
  • Hey everyone, as you might know from my recent posts I bought the Toxic Tricks theme deck and have been playing it online. I really like the psychic pokemon like Gothitelle and Scolipoede, but because I'm almost a complete newb to the game I'm not sure how I'd go about adding to the deck.

Because I'm playing TCG Online only, buying individual cards online isn't really helpful to me because I can't put them online. But this does mean I can get Emerging Powers boosters, the theme decks, and the Black and White Trainer deck.

Anyway I have some questions:

1) Do you guys know any good articles on basic deck building? I found a few by googling, but I'm curious if you guys have any personal favorites

2) The deck comes with Psychic and fire and a couple neutrals. Are there certain elements that psychic "play well" with? I was considering buying Green Tornado or Power Play and maybe replacing the fire pokemon with fighting or grass types. Good idea, bad idea, okay idea?

Tl;DR I have toxic tricks and am interested in adding to it and want some ideas on what I could do, I would much rather buy things that have the TCG Online codes in them, so any of the B&W theme decks, emerging powers boosters, and the trainer box with the two half decks are the ones I know off the top of my head that have the cards.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
    Years
  • Okay...
    You can't do too much with that deck because of the cards in it, but I'd lower the Goth line and replace the current Gothitelle with the one with Magic Room. Add maybe some Sigyliph. Any Psychic Pokémon that's not stage 2 would be helpful. Since the main strategy is to affect the Defending Pokémon with special conditions, maybe some Fire Pokémon like Magby (Play with Fire). Other than that, You're set. Although, I highly recommend running a different deck, just because most of the other players in the TCGO (that ive played) are using EelZone, ReshiBoar, RDL, Stage 1 Rush, and etc. Good Luck with your deck!

Back