• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nope there's only trash in here!

Sirfetch’d

As I have been playing through Yellow I was reminded of how sometimes items are hidden in little trash cans. When I was younger I would obsessively check each one to see if there was an item that may have been tossed away for me to use. Did you guys ever do this? Do you still check each trash can for items?

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    I haven't in a long time. I'm curious to know if things are still hidden in bins now. There's so much depth to the current games that I can't recall what they look like lol.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Yep, I still check every trash can, just in case. I also investigate every oddly-placed rock, tree, fence, and hole in the grass. Old habits die hard.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Yep, I still check every trash can, just in case. I also investigate every oddly-placed rock, tree, fence, and hole in the grass. Old habits die hard.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Definitely. Every time I see a trashcan I simply have to check it. It feels like 99% of them have nothing, but for those few that do... it makes the checking worth it. ;)

Years
    I remind that i checked everything including suspicious areas for items and i like to find as many as i could without the help of itemfinder. Although itemfinder helped more in the later gens than in the first ones :)

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
    Years
    I often check trash cans and am disappointed when nothing turns out. It seems they are only for decoration in later generations.

Years
    Even if I know there's nothing in a trash can, I still go out of my way to check it. The decorative trash can in my secret base in Alpha Sapphire is a good example- I know there's not going to be anything in it, but every time I go into my base, I feel compelled to look inside.

Years
    I never usually bother to check for items in trashcans. It's even more funny when you learn that one of the medals in B2/W2 is obtained by simply looking in trashcans.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I still always check trashcans, even though there is rarely anything inside.

_Dud_

I can't C#
    Years
    I've always told myself that I should always check trashcans and other suspicious spots for items, but I never get into the habit. I usually do it once per play through, and then forget to do it the next time. I've probably missed out on so much stuff...

blue

gucci
    Years
    If I notice a trash can in a game then I'll most likely check it if I can be bothered. I think I did this more in the older games because it was more of a common thing than it is now.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Every. Single. One. I still check them all, even when replaying games I've played multiple times. I still check trashcans that I know logically have nothing in them. It's almost like a compulsion - I just have to do it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I used to be the same, but now, not so much; I wind up ignoring them unless I'm looking to find something important, such as a TM.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I still check every trash can for goodies. I'm pretty sure Pokemon Yellow brainwashed me into doing it. Same with that potion on the cut tree in Viridian.

Back