• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

North Korea 'severs all ties' with South Korea, renewed War threats.

Years
    North Korea 'severs all ties' with South Korea

North Korea 'severs all ties' with South Korea, renewed War threats.

Pyongyang said all ties, including communications, would be cut

North Korea is to cut all relations with South Korea, Pyongyang's official news agency reports.

KCNA said the North was also expelling all South Korean workers from a jointly-run factory north of the border.
    The move comes after an international report blamed North Korea for sinking a South Korean warship.

Pyongyang denies it torpedoed the Cheonan near the inter-Korean maritime border on 26 March, killing 46 sailors.
    South Korea says it plans to refer North Korea to the UN Security Council, and is seeking a unified international response to the incident.

'Puppet army gangs'

Tuesday's KCNA reports announcing the severing of all ties - including communications - said the North was also banning South Korean ships and planes from its territorial waters and airspace.

North and South Korea are technically still at war after the Korean conflict ended without an armistice in 1953.

While there were hopes of a reconciliation a few years ago, relations have been deteriorating since then and now appear to be at their lowest point in a decade, correspondents say.
    Well war will be the worse possible scenario. It's better to keep that part of the globe at peace as some of the worlds most vibrant economies intersect there. :(

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
    Years
    To be honest, I think it wouldn't be too bad if we finally have to step in and slap North Korea around a bit more. xD

But, I'm hoping we can talk the hot headed North Korean leaders out of it. Seriously Evidence needs to be presented and sanctions on the guilty country are indeed in order as a first measure. War should always be the last possible resort.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    Kim Jong-Il must be feeling very ronery. He must be a total nutjob if he thinks that resurrecting a war will get him the attention he wants. All it would take to completely wipe him off the map is just one submarine packed with missiles.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Now it all depends on China. The US have already said they'll go and defend SK. Now China must act and decide whether they want to start a dialogue and calm them back down, support NK, one of their allies, or stay away from the conflict, pretty much giving the US free way on their path to destroy NK.

And I must say, this is NK's complete fault for resurrecting a stupid war. It's true that a good war is the best way to keep your citizens under control and prevent them from rebelling against their dictatorship Government, but when you are facing the US, chances are you are going to get utter and completely destroyed, unless an amazing miracle happens. It's better to stick to politics and forget about war in that scenario.

Or maybe they actually think they are powerful enough. Ah, tyrants and their delusions.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The difference this time is that I doubt that President Obama will take this matter seriously enough to involve the US in it.

Years
    I hope all this posturing is Dear Leader's doing and that he'll soon step aside and let (relatively) cooler heads prevail. I'd hate to think that the rest of N.K.'s leaders, or whoever will succeed him, want a war.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Am I wrong in thinking that NK and SK get into these kinds of squabbles somewhat often? They've been at each other's throats and pointing fingers at each other for over 50 years.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
    Bush is the one that would jump into that kind of fight, not Obama. Obama is more concerned with the US' welfare, or so he says *cough*oilspill*cough*. well anyways yea NK and SK have been at each others necks for the longest time but have really done nothing much about it since the war. NK leader is in over his head if he thinks that he can take SK and supposively the US. He should just cool down and let peace come between them (lol sorry i just never see that happening XD, then again i would love to be proven wrong)

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    but when you are facing the US, chances are you are going to get utter and completely destroyed, unless an amazing miracle happens.

Vietnam lol.

If there is a war, S.K will end up winning it, not because of the US alone, but because Britain, Australia and japan are all prepared to step in as well.

Stairmaster

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    This is so stupid. South Korea should never had tried to rebuild ties with North Korea. North Korea is just a poor, pissed off country with nothing to do other than make news headlines.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Lol, were there any ties with them to begin with? South Korea is ahead of North Korea by decades of technology (civilian-wise and possibly militant too). North Korea threatened the world with bombs a couple years ago. Did it happen? Noooooo. I doubt this war will happen unless we want to make it happen. Keep on hyping it and I'm sure things will go crazy. Kim Jong-il is most likely on his deathbed. He wants to go out with a bang I'm sure.

Went said:
    but when you are facing the US, chances are you are going to get utter and completely destroyed, unless an amazing miracle happens.

This is what we want you to think :P As Fox said, Vietnam, the LAST Korean War, Iraq today, derp derp. We've got too much on our hands already to actually go in there and beat people up. I really don't want to get involved with this.

Years
    Am I the only one who feels like this is like a sibling rivalry between them? From my perspective that's kinda what it looks like lol.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Am I the only one who feels like this is like a sibling rivalry between them? From my perspective that's kinda what it looks like lol.

It's a bit deeper than that n_n; It's more like two countries who live next door to each other. One's an old grouchy man that likes the old ways while the other is young and trendy along with the rest of the neighborhood. Grouchy man will not stop until the younger neighbor stops being annoying. And when he's done with that neighbor, he'll go after the neighborhood.

Years
    This is what we want you to think :P As Fox said, Vietnam, the LAST Korean War, Iraq today, derp derp. We've got too much on our hands already to actually go in there and beat people up. I really don't want to get involved with this.

Well, in terms of sheer military assets, it's still true. But our forces are quite spread out among our "warzones" and the territories of our allies.

Years
    It's a bit deeper than that n_n; It's more like two countries who live next door to each other. One's an old grouchy man that likes the old ways while the other is young and trendy along with the rest of the neighborhood. Grouchy man will not stop until the younger neighbor stops being annoying. And when he's done with that neighbor, he'll go after the neighborhood.
    Oh... glad to see that makes just about as much sense as the sibling rivalry thing. 8D Instead of yelling in your old man voice for them darn kids to git off yer lawn starting a war is clearly the answer that'll fix all your problems.

I know it's a lot more in depth than that but still really? A war? That's just a lose-lose situation. ~_~ Thought we were supposed to be a more advanced species or something along those lines.

Years
    Ever watch Doctor Who?

It tends to represent humans as what we are. Kinda bloodthirsty. Even vegans are bloodthirsty deep down, they've just repressed it more effectively than people like Hitler did.

Anyway, I hope they don't have a war. Because if the U.S. joins in, then China against them, where does that leave Russia? They have a war going on between major powers, and two small feuding neighbours, right next to their borders! They won't just sit back and watch, they'll attack all of them.

Although....at least they'd stop flying their stupid nuclear bomber aircraft over my house. Noisy flippin things, setting off entire RAF squadrons.

Back