• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nosiness.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Are you a nosy person? Do you eavesdrop on conversations that may or may not concern you, or do anything like that?

Cid

Years
  • I'm rather similar. I keep my business off other people's in real life. And I make it a huge point to do so, as per the golden rule. But online, I could read a few conversations between two people I'm not even concerned with if I was allowed to or if it interested me enough. I don't use any information I receive in anything bad though! Oh no. I know curiosity kills cats. Despite being more of a dog-person.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Online I stalk everybody (if I remember?) I must know everything, basically. Offline I generally listen to other people's conversations nearby a lot but not really input, I'd much rather just listen than talk, idk why. I also like to ask questions a lot about things that are going on, so... yeah, good thing for journalism, I guess.

Years
  • I'm incredibly nosey. Online I tend to get all the gossip that's floating around from a number of people, so chances are even if I don't know a person I'll have heard something about them. Offline though I'm more the sort of person who will listen to other peoples conversations when I'm bored on a bus or I'm in a classroom and there's a group of people who insist on having an incredibly loud conversation.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm kinda horribly nosy. I love a bit of gossip, and my ears have a preternatural habit of being able to hear my own name above anything else, so I'm always on the hunt for juicy tidbits. That being said, I'm very good at keeping secrets, and I've been told that I have a trustworthy face for some reason... so lots of friends tell me stuff that they don't tell anyone else - delighting me to no end.

When I was younger, I was so nosy that I wanted to be a psychiatrist when I was older - and ended up pursuing it for a number of years in my teens. When I eventually realised just how much work that would entail, I gave up that ambition, but sometimes I wonder what my life would have been like if I'd kept on going...

Online, I'm a lot less nosy than in real life, but I'll still lap up any gossip that comes my way; unfortunately, I'm out of the loop of a lot of the stuff that happens here at PC (obviously except mod stuff, but that's different...) but I'm not to broke up about that.

Years
  • I don't know if listening in on people's conversations on the bus and etc counts as being nosy... it's not like I can temporarily turn off my hearing! ): But other than that not really, but it is interesting to see what people are saying to each other via VMs and whatnot. I just don't do it too often (unless I get bored and go on a profile-clicking spree).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm very nosy. I like to know every little detail possible about things (not EVERYthing though) and I've always eavesdropped on my mom's conversations.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Is it justified to listen to someone else's conversation in real life if the person is louder than a motorbike? The people at my school are attention seekers; they are practically screaming at their friends about the "wild stuff" they did during the weekend. However, I tend to not eavesdrop on others' because I wouldn't like it if the same thing happened to me.

Curiousity kills the cat, I know. But online I become really interested in the vm messages between others.... I don't know.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Im really not nosy at all and usually prefer to mind my own business, though if someone was talking about me, I feel I want to know what they are saying about me exactly as I despise people talking about me behind my back.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I'm just too curious, not really nosy. I don't even really care about other people's business, I just want to know, without a motive really.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I am incredibly nosy. I love gossip and I'm not ashamed of it haha

I honestly don't see the problem with that; it's just natural curiosity. I do believe that everybody needs to learn to mind their own business though, so while I have no problem with gossip or curiosity, I draw the line when people start to use that information to intervene in matters that don't concern them.

Years
  • I'm about as nosy as the average person, I think. I like to hear things, gossip and secrets and all that, but I don't make any special effort to listen into people's conversations and I know when I should walk away and give people some privacy. Sometimes I get the whiff of a drama bomb slowly exploding and I don't want to be anywhere near that if I don't have to be.

Morning Sun Espeon

Time to shine ★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    honestly? no. I really try hard to mind my business. if I overhear it on accident, then there is nothing I can really do...But I don't go out of my way to lookd for gosip or anything.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm fairly nosy, but I'm also very lazy. I'll listen in on things if I'm out and about and someone on the bus is talking about something interesting and for online things, I'll stalk a conversation with little guilt but... I won't ask people directly about anything because not only does that take more effort, but it lets them know I'm nosy and I don't want that.

Of course this also means I end up gossiping with friends about things and making assumptions more than getting direct answers which isn't good. :x

Back