• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Nostalgia

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2013
    I'm sure this topic pops out perpetually, but..

Was there any nostalgia involved when replaying the older generations? Upon running the now-obsolete (to most, anyway) versions, did old memories come back, great days, moments in which you first were introduced to Pokemon and were eager to explore the new world? Or do the old versions not satisfy you anymore?

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2013
    Absolutely! I have a gameboy color on which I play Yellow and I have an old gray gameboy (the brick!) on which I use to play Zelda: Links Awakaning just for funzies. I have a NES to play the Mario's, punchout, and Excitebike. I have a SNES for games like Link to the Past, and Buster Busts Loose, and Donkey Kong Country. And I have a N64 I use to destroy anyone who wants to be destroyed in Super Smash Brothers. So yeah, nostalgia has got a slight grip on me...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I played my old Blue version a few weeks ago for a couple of minutes, and it was interesting to see the team I'd built, in comparison to what I'd construct if I were playing the game afresh. Bearing in mind that I must have been about 12 when I stopped playing that particular game (Gold and Silver came out in the UK in 2001), it's still interesting at the differences in game strategy. As for a more general sense of nostalgia, nothing really comes to mind, unfortunately. My memory's ridiculously crappy for stuff like this, and even playing through the game - albeit for a short amount of time - didn't really trigger anything at all.

Years
  • I wept, a little. True story. It brought back dear memories of that moment where I first held a Gameboy Color in my hands, plugged in the Pokemon Blue cartridge, and switched on the device, but the batteries were dead so I had to run around searching for two AA batteries then I stole the ones from the remote control of my obsolete TV. Amazing days.

Years
  • Of course. I feel it all the time when I play through my old games. Im playing through my Yellow currently, and I feel it. No matter how many times I restart.

BiohazardX

Marionette Master
    Years
  • There's always some nostalgia involved whenever I boot up any of my old games. Even though most of them don't save (they're all G/S/C games... the battery is dead) it's still a blast playing them.
    Because they can't save, I'll spend all day trying to get as far as I can before the batteries die. I always pick Cyndaquil as my starter too, because when I was little I always picked him over the others. Always named him Flame.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • dead battery is a problem. picked up my Gold last month, manages to get up to Ilex forest before battery died. Most dramatic moment of my day. managed to raise a crobat and quilava.

Years
  • : ( : ( : ( My garage is such a mess and somewhere buried deep inside there is my see through game boy color with pokemon blue, red, yellow, and gold.... You literally can't see the garage floor and stuff is piled up to at least my knees... I think my dad is either a hoarder. The garage is filled with old computers, half of a drawer, and many other things no normal person would keep...

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    I always get nostalgia when I pick up my old gameboy pocket and pop in my Pokemon Blue version. Makes me think of simpler times, like when I thought Pokegods were real XD.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I stopped when I got the next generation of games.....just like other people. I get a hint of nostaglia whenever I pick up the game...well put it into the VBA whenever I listen to the surfing music and performing the glitches.

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    YES!!!!!!

Just picking up the game is enough to make me feel nostalgic. It brings me back to memories of playing in the Caldor where my mom used to work, and playing it while I was at Burger King with my special Pikachu edition Game Boy Color!!! Besides, the older games are classics and no matter how much better the games being released get, they can't touch the classics. They're classics and classics are untouchable. XD

Back