• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Not a Chancy in the world.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    AdamHays said:
    I just got to Fuschia today,and the first pokemon i saw was a Chansey,i didnt catch i though cause its not that great of a pokemon battling wise.
    How dare you insult Chansey's battling capabilities!?! Evolve it into a Blissey and it will have the most evil amount of HP and Sp. Def. The ultimate Special Attack sponge. Never. Insult. My. Blissey.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    fufufufu another blissey owner ... blisseys awesome....

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Which is why you switch out to a Skarmory or Weezing (which is almost the oppisite of Blissey. High Defenses, low Sp. Def) whenever you see a Physical Sweeper!

It's Attack stat doesn't matter. Most Blisseys come with Siesmic Toss which does damage equal to the user's level, which on NB is always 100. Ghosts? Forget them..switch out or something. The only Ghost you'll probably ever see on NB is Gengar anyways.

PazzKat

Back and looking 4 smiles!
    Years
    Bah @ Emulators! We need to give Nintendo their money don't you see!? We must pour our purses/wallets/backpacks/phaneypacks into their laps! OR THEY WILL BE DISPLEASED!!! I don't like Nintendo for what they do, and have always done (made it so there's some catch so they get more money) but I dis like emulators even more. I HAD them all except one...Vaporeon, but, as I was walking my Eevee egg, my parent called, I stood up, it fell on the floor and resetted, DARN MY LUCK. I still say

"Bait, ball, ball, bait, ball, ball, bait, etc. is best."

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
    my pokemon could crush chansey...even tho they are "weak legendaries", they all have both physical and special attacks... they are very well rounded... i use strategy to counter the obvious mistakes of using legendaries

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    lol you guys think you have problems catching chansey?
    i cant even find chansey!!!
    and ive been looking a lot
    exactly what section is chansey in?

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
    i find most of mine... ok, go in, go right but not to the next area, surf up, go into the northern area...then i just ran around kinda between the 2 mountain rock hill things until i found one...it was like, 1/15 chance, i'd say, maybe 1/30

firered_deoxys

the pink one rulez all!!
    Years
    wow I caught a chansey on my first or second try ha! some of you people seem to be having bad luck... or maybe I'm having good luck

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    IMHO the best place to catch a chansey is in the first zone(section) thats where i caught mine,i also caught my kangaskhan there.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    finally saw chansey, i would say odds are about 1/100 because i counted i seen it as my 106 pokemon, i kept it there and threw 9 balls at it and...nothing, i threw a rock and it fled straight away

shark3019875

dragonair trainer
    Years
    blissey i have 2 of them the are awesome just one thing lucky punch doesn't work them right they only work on chansey and if you are haveing trouble catching chansey just use the code i put down on my other reply for all the poeple that think using gameshark or whatevr is evil just beat the game first them use the code if takes like a few minutes it took me 5. how do you peolpe get those pics under your names and what not. i am new at this

Last edited:
    Years
    Prylace said:
    Hey I'm trying to do the math here.. if I have a -5% chance at catching Chancy, and there's a 5% chance that a Chancy will have a Lucky Egg on her, what are my chances at getting a Lucky Egg before I die?

personally i would think that the purpose of luck egg would be to make it take less time for you to level your pokemon... if im not mistaken couldnt the 6 hours you spend getting a lucky egg go toward killing the elite 4 to level? is 6 hours of finding something that is designed to save you time worth it?

Daniel-Son

Ooh.. Flashy
    Years
    The Up+B trick has worked for some people, alot actually. I once caught Rayquaza this way without moving a single muscle, in other words without weakening it, paralayze, or sleep. But for some others it doesn't work, but maybe it's plain lucky.

Back