• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Not a major fan of the pokermanz, but love the mod community

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2015
    Hello, everyone! Out of all the forums I've seen, this one is the most impressive. Not just in the community that I've examined, but the actual forum itself is quite meaty (I especially enjoy the Notification system!).

I never really cared for Pokemon too much for a number of reasons (The story seems to always repeat itself with the same tasks and the difficulty is always disappointing to me. I beat Pokemon Gold using only one Pokemon in combat and the rest just being utilities for cutting and such ) I know that may seem like sacrilege to most people here, but I find the hacks that game the game more difficult, or change it up a little in any way at all, make the games great overall. I hope to be able to offer something in some way to you people over time.

Years
  • You're definitely not alone! The difficulty doesn't bother me much but the boyfriend has pretty much given up on Pokemon for that same reason. :( Would be nice if more strategy could be involved.. I'd like to see a hard mode sometime. And not just "hard" in the sense that the opponents have Pokemon a few levels higher lol, that's still not enough of a challenge.

Anyways, welcome, Square! Have a blast getting involved in the hacking aspect here - ROM hacking is one of the biggest things on PC and we'd love to have you over there. Good luck and enjoy.

Years
  • I can understand how you feel, not everyone is happy with the repetitiveness of Pokemon games lately and want something more challenging and different but I still enjoy the games just as they are. Welcome to PC, by the way!

Our ROM Hacking section can be a great place for someone who wants a change of pace from the official Pokemon games to hang out, since they take the formats of these games but get modified into a new and more fun way to play, and that's why they're so popular around here. Even if you don't want to make your own hacks, you can still at least play some of the hacks showcased over in the Hacks Studio which have a nice selection to choose from.

No matter what you decide to do here, you will be in for a great experience as a member! Anyways, good luck and do stick around with us, and don't hesitate to leave a visitor message if you want to talk!

- Hikamaru

Years
  • Hi! Welcome to PC!

I took a break from Pokemon during the release of Black and White versions because I too thought that the games were getting repetitive and kind of boring even. However, I found my way back and still love to play the games. I agree with you because the storylines are pretty much all the same and there isnt much strategy with the games anymore, but still I think they're a ton of fun!

Anyway, hope you enjoy the forum. There is a ton to check out, including our large and active Hacking/ROM section! If you need anything do not hesitate to ask.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Mmm, the games haaaave been a little bit too easy lately. xD I do hope they'll have some variety like changing difficulties or have more pokemon variety to battle against, with different stradegies~

Well, even if you're not the biggest fan of pokemon, you're still very much a very welcomed member here! It's nice to have you with us! Mmm, and I do hope you'll enjoy the ROM Hacking / the Game Development boards; they do seem pretty busy, and they always come up with new stuff! <33

Ah, and have a great time; I'll be here to assist you with anything you need if you need me. ^^

Back