• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Not just EV Training, but getting "perfect" IVs just got a little easier.

MarioManH

top kek
Years
  • As you know, Super Training brought a revolutionary way of EV Training in these games. Now, however, obtaining perfect IVs was enhanced on.

1. According to Smogon, Pokemon caught in the Friend Safari have a chance (Not sure what the chance is, it's pretty high though) of getting a Pokemon with 2 Perfect IVs.

Now this is the main game changer :

2. Prevoiusly, you were too use power items to transfer one IV of one of the parent Pokemon to the Egg. However, now it is possible to transfer 5 IVs with the Destiny Knot item!

Discuss this new (and great addition to the games) !

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Whoa whoa, like the Destiny Knot that prevent infatuation haha? And this sounds pretty dang good, just gotta find that perfect Ditto first.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    yup getting those perfect IVs is a whole lot less tedious now

Ditto is in the Pokemon Village :p I caught like 10 haha

ideally you should catch dittos from friend safaris since they are confirmed to have a bunch of perfect IVs.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Don't forget that all baby pokemon caught in the wild have guaranteed 3 perfect IVs, which is actually better than Friend Safari's guaranteed 2!

And also I did NOT know that about the destiny knot o_o Whoa....

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • Don't forget that all baby pokemon caught in the wild have guaranteed 3 perfect IVs, which is actually better than Friend Safari's guaranteed 2!

And also I did NOT know that about the destiny knot o_o Whoa....
    I believe it's now just non-breedable Pokemon which includes Baby Pokemon.

Years
  • I believe it's now just non-breedable Pokemon which includes Baby Pokemon.

Ahh right, right. Babies, legendaries, and Nidorina/Nidoqueen. But of these, babies are special because they can be evolved into things that CAN be bred. So if they're catchable in Kalos, they're perfect for that!

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2013
    Yeah, I was able to get some boss charmeleons with good IVs and bred a nice female charmander and then I caught a Fraxure from the safari as well and bred it to the female charmander and got a female Timid charmander with 31/21/17/31/25/31for its IVs lol.

I'm loving it now :P.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    So let's say you have a Salamence with 31 Atk IV and bred it with a Ditto with 31 IV in HP, Def, Sp.Atk, Sp.Def and Spe, if you give Salamence a Power Bracer and Ditto the Destiny Knot, you'll have a Bagon with perfect IV?

Years
  • This is good news and bad news. It is good news that it is easier, but bad news because IV's were essentially ignored by the majority of players simply because it was too tedious, now it is just more work I have to do in order to compete. I still probably will not bother with it.

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
  • How do i get the destiny knot? I already have half a box full of torchic, all of them have the right nature and the right ability but they all have terrible IV's

Years
  • How do i get the destiny knot? I already have half a box full of torchic, all of them have the right nature and the right ability but they all have terrible IV's

Hotel Cyllage, a maid on the second floor will give you a Destiny Knot if i'm not mistaken.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2014
    yup getting those perfect IVs is a whole lot less tedious now

ideally you should catch dittos from friend safaris since they are confirmed to have a bunch of perfect IVs.

is it still true that 1/6 dittos has 1 perfect iv? as I still don't have access to friend safari ditto..

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    Ugh. I already busted my hump to breed all the stuff I need. I guess I won't really play any newer pokemon (save for Florges) seriously, because once Poketransfer launches all the Perfect IV stuff I dropped so much time on will come up and be with me again.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2014
    EV stands for "Effort Value." They determine what stats your Pokémon will get when levelling up. you gain them from battling any Pokémon you come across that award Experience points and playing the Super training mini game.

IV stands for "Individual values" are the Pokémon equivalent of genes. They are instrumental in determining the stats of a Pokémon, being responsible for the large variation in stats among untrained Pokémon of the same species.

Years
  • EV stands for "Effort Value." They determine what stats your Pokémon will get when levelling up. you gain them from battling any Pokémon you come across that award Experience points and playing the Super training mini game.

IV stands for "Individual values" are the Pokémon equivalent of genes. They are instrumental in determining the stats of a Pokémon, being responsible for the large variation in stats among untrained Pokémon of the same species.
    Is the only way of getting a good IV is by breeding?

And I heard something about Nature... How can I choose the Nature that I want to my Pokemon, what's affect it?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • This is really exciting!

I can't wait to do some IV training, it should make competitive battling a lot harder now, though

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
    Years
    • SG
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    Yeah, I was able to get some boss charmeleons with good IVs and bred a nice female charmander and then I caught a Fraxure from the safari as well and bred it to the female charmander and got a female Timid charmander with 31/21/17/31/25/31for its IVs lol.

I'm loving it now :P.

Wait...how did you calculate your Pokemon's IV? There's an IV calculator out for Gen VI alrdy?? :0

Back