• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Not So Platfail [OU RMT]

Beginnings

thx tom-san for banner/avvy
Years
  • I wasn't happy with the results I've been getting with my old team, so I've decided to make a new one. All help appreciated :D.

Swampert@Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    Torrent
    252 HP/252 Def/6 Atk
    Earthquake
    Waterfall
    Roar
    Stealth Rock

I like this lead, sets up rocks, then abuses roar to give me a good look at opponents team, and if necessary, use EQ/Waterfall STAB to do some damage early in the game.

Lucario@Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    Steadfast
    252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Extremespeed
    Close Combat

Dual priority + SD can be pretty scary late game when the walls are cleared out, comes in SD's then uses one of the priorities, Close Combat for powerful STAB when I need it.

Heatran@Choice Scarf
    Naive Nature
    Flash Fire
    252 SpA/252 Spd/6 HP
    Fire Blast
    Hidden Power [Ice]
    Earth Power
    Explosion

Makes for a great revenge killer, Fire Blast is good stab, Earth Power + HP Ice cover pretty much everything else, explode on pesky Blisseys and such

Zapdos@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    Pressure
    252 HP/220 Def/32 Spe
    Roost
    Heat Wave
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power [Grass]

Due to the very physical nature of the metagame, a physically defensive Zapdos is ideal, imo, Roost for recovery, HP Grass for swampert and the likes, Thunderbolt for STAB, Heat Wave for everything else.

Flygon@Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    Levitate
    252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP
    Earthquake
    Outrage
    U-Turn
    Fire Punch

I haven't really given Flygon a try yet, I've heard good things though, generally will come in on a EQ or something like that directed at Empoleon or Heatran, then will either hit with STAB EQ/Outrage, U-Turn, or Fire Punch

Empoleon@@Petaya Berry
    Modest Nature
    Torrent
    12 HP/ 252 SpA/12 SpD /232 Spe
    Agility
    Substitute
    Surf
    Ice Beam

Sub-Agil-Petaya, can be very threatening, especially mid to late game, Agility, Substiute and then hit with either STAB Surf, or Ice Beam.

There you have it, my team,
    once more,
    any and all help greatly appreciated :).

Last edited:

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • Lucario@Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    Steadfast
    252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Extremespeed
    Close Combat

Dual priority + SD can be pretty scary late game when the walls are cleared out, comes in SD's then uses one of the priorities, Close Combat for powerful STAB when I need it.
    If you're using a set like this, Adamant>Jolly, especially since you don't have Ice Punch to deal with Gliscor.

Flygon@Choice Band
    Lonely Nature
    Levitate
    252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP
    Earthquake
    Outrage
    U-Turn
    Fire Punch

I haven't really given Flygon a try yet, I've heard good things though, generally will come in on a EQ or something like that directed at Empoleon or Heatran, then will either hit with STAB EQ/Outrage, U-Turn, or Fire Punch
    Adamant>Lonely, because you're not using Fire Blast.

Back