• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen not sure how to ask this lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    ok I have been playing since r/b/y days and i've only ever seen one shiny ever in my g/s/c that was a rattata (not sure of spelling) anyway my point being I have no shinys these days cause I never seen em

the stuff about chaining poke radar stuff is confusing to me so doubt I can do it that way and idk what the chances are of a foregin and one of my countrys pokemon breeding making a shiny is

also kinda new to EV stuff so I made none yet

I guess my question is kinda what my best way to get started with stuff is?

I mean what i'd love to do is get a few shinys to make a team but with me having no shinys and no EV'd stuff and being aussie they never done events in australia so I got no events I really only have access to what you can catch in the wild and i'm almost sure they suck so bad noone would want to trade for the shinys I want if you know what I mean

to be honest I see peoples trade threads with over 100 and alot they got thenself and go O_o I must be doing something wrong all 8 games I had that shinys were possable and only one ever and I spent hundreds of hours playing all of em

EDIT:then again I do have in my diamond almost 100 of every evolution stone you can get in underground as well as like 100 heart scales and like 50 of each fossil cause I felt like 5 of each fossil bought to life was enough so sue me I beat elite 4 with 10 hours played on timer if memory serves with my fire starter as only high level and even that was lower than first elite 4's pokemon was damn hard and then went on to spend the next 300 hours of play time digging in underground

Last edited:

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    The only shiny I ever found was a green Zubat in Silver, but I just ran thinking it was a glitch (damn. Just damn). But the best way to start EV training is read a couple of guides and pick your favourite Pokemon and just have a go. In regards to chaining, I tried, I failed, I will try again later :P. And I tried to get any old foreign Pokemon off Wifi but (as usual) it was like, Burmy for Manaphy or Wurmple for Darkrai, so I don't know on that one.

Lunatone

The Meteorite Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2009
    Sometimes you'll find Shinies in the Wifi center, unfortunately I never have what they're asking for. Also perhaps you could check the trade threads? I'm sure if you make a good offer someone is bound to send you one. Well actually, would you be interested in a Shiny Wingull? I'd be more than happy to trade mine to you. (: The Meditite was my first Shiny so I'd like to keep him.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    In Pokemon Platinum, I managed to chain a Shiny Starly. I caught it and after that I found a Shiny Shinx. I must say that seeing a shiny Pokemon is my deal of the draw. I have about 10 shiny Pokemon so far.

Lunatone

The Meteorite Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2009
    Lucky you! I need a shiny Starly in order to get a shiny Staraptor. Possibly my favorite bird so far, although I do love Pidgeot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back