• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Not very motivated

Elite 4 Sam

Steel Type User
Years
  • Is anyone else not very motivated to play the game? I was super excited when i got it for christmas, played it for like, a day, and haven't touched it. I think it has more to do with the fact that i can't read japanese, so it isnt nearly as fun.

Rеd

Indigo League Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    That's exactly the reason I'm not motivated. It's in Japanese.

I cannot read Japanese.

At least basketball is on TV.

Elite 4 Sam

Steel Type User
    Years
  • For sure. It's really hard to enjoy anything when you can't understand it. It's like going to a museum and trying to learn about something historical in a language you don't understand.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • There was no problem with waiting a few months until it is released in English. Surely you must've known it would be very difficult for you to enjoy when you ordered the Japanese version?

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • I was fine with it being in Japanese. I played through it once and now I'm playing through it again. I guess I consider it sort of a challenge trying to figure out what is happening without knowing the language all that well.

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    Honestly, yes. Well, I would be more motivated if it were out in English, anyway. ;)

Blazing Charmander

The Stray Pokemon
    Years
  • Yup, the longer you wait, the more enjoyable it is.

This. I've been looking forward to these games since their announcement and vowed that i'd wait to play them for the first time when they come out in England (America at a push if I can find an import) but not before. The anticipation will only make these games even more enjoyable to play once they're released.

There's also the fact that i'm one of many who discussed the possibility of these remakes a while before they were ever announced. The tension of waiting for any news on them was killing me. *Remembers disappointment of Platinum's announcement instead of GSDS in May '08*

Back