• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen note to all you older pokemon game lovers

TheOldKoot

WHAT!?
Years
  • It has came across to me that this can and WILL happen to gold/silver/crystal

( i dont know if this was posted so oh well) Cloning on these games can and will result in your cartridge to become corrupt (unable to save a game, it will just keep saying new game and you are screwed for ever)

I know I should'nt have done this in the first place. but I cloned my pokemon anyway

After I did this a few times nothing was wrong, but one day I went to play my silver and guess what? It said NEWGAME even though I played it the night before and saved it after beating the elite 4 again. So I made a new game and played a bit. Got up to the sudowoodo and caught it, saved my game and went to go eat. When I came back and turned it on it said NEWGAME, and im like WTF? same thing happened on gold

my silver/gold will never work again T_T, also I was told it happens on crystal too.

SO DON'T CLONE UR POKEMON FOR LOTS OF MASTER BALLS AND CANDY, OR ULL RUIN THE GAME FOR EVER

I hope my demise will better your future.

Metakazam

Is a Loon.
    Years
  • Actually it's the age of the internal battery I do belive as I've cloned MANY times and mide worked up till about 1 month ago then it quit(and got sold to the game store for $10!) anyways yeah I'm almost completely sure it's the battery.

Metakazam

Is a Loon.
    Years
  • Not sure if it's still possible but you used to be able to find batterys for them to fix them and there were a few FAQ's explaining the step by step process.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    There are videos on youtube of people souldering in new batteries. I managed a botch-job by gluing the battery and wires in place, it completely died after a week :P

Years
  • Yeah, the battery in my Gold version had an early death, because I was constantly playing it. It will be sorely missed. ;_;

I've still got it, I'm not going to get rid of it.

The funny thing is, my Yellow version started messing up before it did, because my dad spilled soda on it one day. For a long time it wouldn't save, but now it's started saving it's games correctly again.

Back