• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Nothing ever seems to go my way."

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Do you find yourself sharing this thought, or are you someone blessed with good luck?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I suppose this thought interprets itself in different ways. I suppose if you want something to go your way, or want something badly, you're going to have to dedicate yourself to getting it. I tend to do this occasionally and usually it pays off. Though I can also be lazy and not bother.

If someone doesn't want to agree with me, and doesn't want to do what I do, I'll either try to persuade them or deal with it. In this sort of case, say I want to go somewhere with this person, I'll deal with it because I don't really like going to places on my own. I can be quite shy.

Generally though, I suppose I don't really belive in luck. If something doesn't go my way I'll do my best to change that around, and if that doesn't work - deal with it, that's how society is in my eyes.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I don't really believe in luck in general. I hear people all the time say things like "oh that's just my luck" or "knowing my luck" and it makes me angst hard. I believe we create our own luck. If someone believes that nothing ever truly goes their way then that just breeds negativity and then nothing ever will go their way. If somebody remains optimistic, they'll experience "luck", even if it's only subjective.

So I don't really whine about how life never goes my way. Good things will happen and bad things will happen, it's just up to you which you let define your life.

Ayselipera

Something bad will happen to me and all will seem hopeless and then by chance something will happen that will turn everything around or lead to something else that made what happened not so bad.... or I just stop caring and so what was bad isn't bad to me anymore.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    First of all I don't really believe that much in luck rather than chance, but for the sake of the thread I'll use the term - I'm extremely unlucky lol. But then one could say that when I do get lucky, it's actually lucky because of the fact that I'm often unfortunate.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I don't. I make things go my way. I see to it. I follow things through. I don't just blindly wait for fate to decide how things will turn out. I grip the brush of my life with both my hands and paint it to my liking. Things barely go as planned, and what I got might not have been what I originally wanted, but I always make sure it ends in a way that pleases me.

That being said... if things are never going your way, maybe you're expecting too much...

Cid

Years
  • I used to think that things always went against my will. I guess I just grew up thinking pessimism would help cope with all the possible disappointments that I'll be facing in life. Right now, I'm convincing myself to think otherwise, that I was wrong to think like that. My fate still hasn't changed-- I'm still as unlucky as I was back then, but I still think that having a negative mindset only makes me feel miserable both at times when I experience bad luck and when I expect something bad to happen, the latter encompassing everything else if you have that mindset.

It sure works at the moment.

The Slowpoke Kid

Slowpoke Collector
    Years
  • I don't really believe in luck too much. Sure you can have things happen to you that are ''lucky'' like finding money in a winter coat, happening upon a good deal, etc. but those occurrences aren't really prevalent enough to impact someone's general existence. As you grow and change so does everything around you, part of being human is adapting and dealing with those changes. Things may not always go your way, but that's just life and everyone has to deal with that same kind of disappointment from time to time. Chalk it up to the human condition and do what you can to make the ball roll the way you want it and if thing's don't wind up perfect? Try not to sweat it because odds are it wasn't your fault.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Let's see, no job, still living with the tyrannical, nosy parents... suffice to say things haven't gone my way ever since I left college. But it's not luck, it's the idiots in government screwing up the economy.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    It's a recurring thought, I suppose. But I generally feel demoralized and unmotivated when one thing doesn't go according to me beliefs, and I feel even more let down by consecutive losses. Luck and the feeling of nothing ever going your way can be completely different concepts according to context sometimes.

Years
  • I wouldn't say nothing ever goes my way. It tends to lean to most things don't go my way, but sometimes I'm bound to have favorable outcomes in life. This is a surprising thing to say considering I'm usually a pessimist. (:

Life has its ups and downs. It's never completely down or completely up for me.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Yes, I feel that things don't go my way most of the time (in real life and the video gaming world), but I manage to find ways around them.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • I do feel that I tend to have good luck most of the time, but man, then there are those times where I don't have such good luck and it sucks! XD

In Fair Verona

4BR4 C4D4V3R
    Years
  • Bad luck seems to haunt me wherever I go, and whatever I do. Even though I don't especially believe in luck (which I suppose is quite strange), I often end up blaming it for things that go wrong for me, more-so when I've done nothing wrong to contribute to that. There are some things that go my way, but I'm the kind of person that focuses more on negatives than positives, so it could be the case that good things happen to me as often as bad things, but I just don't notice them.

Years
  • Whenever I'm feeling sad about where I am in life I don't blame it on luck. Where I am now is a result of who I am and the decisions I have made. If things aren't going my way then it's my own fault.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I do get this thought a lot, but I don't really complain about it off-hand.

I just seem to find myself in the same situations over and over again for years. Kind of like right now when I'm in a bad mood and the dumb kid next door has chosen now to bash the walls and start screaming. Goes for more SRS THINGS but I'm not going to tl;dr on that again. Oh well.

Back