• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Notifications won't delete?

Years
    Does this belong here? Anyway...

I accidentally sent myself a PM yesterday, and I deleted it, but I didn't click the message notification to get to it. Now the notification won't delete or disappear, and whenever I click on it it says: Invalid Private Message specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator. It's sort of getting annoying, as I'm trading with people and I need to know when they PM me and I keep forgetting I have a seemingly permanent message notification.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I would say you should hit X button, but that isn't working for me at all, sadly; whenever I click, it always scrolls me back to top. If you're experiencing the same, exact thing, then I'm not sure if there will be any way to fix this, until this feature gets fixed. You could try logging out of your account and back in, but I'm not really sure how much that would help. If it doesn't, I suppose you'll have to be a bit patient and wait, haha. I hope that isn't bothering you too much!

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I would say you should hit X button, but that isn't working for me at all, sadly; whenever I click, it always scrolls me back to top. If you're experiencing the same, exact thing, then I'm not sure if there will be any way to fix this, until this feature gets fixed. You could try logging out of your account and back in, but I'm not really sure how much that would help. If it doesn't, I suppose you'll have to be a bit patient and wait, haha. I hope that isn't bothering you too much!

Wow I thought I was the only one having this issue.
    So it's actually more common than I thought? Yikes.

Hang in there, Kyora! I'm sure a fix will be dispatched soon enough to clear up the issues we're having with notifications.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Yea I was just getting ready to post about this. Except if I click on the notification it takes me to nowhere and I can't delete it. I haven't been able to delete notifications for about a week now but it's not a big deal because usually if I just follow the notification to wherever it takes me it will go away on it's own but...

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I have the same problem as O'aka except I only have one specific notification that won't delete. It doesn't go anywhere when I click it and it doesn't go away when I click the X. It was one that said "this person liked your post" and when I went to the post I found there wasn't a like on it. I don't know if they liked and then unliked or if it was just a glitch, but it's super annoying.. I don't know if that gives a starting point, but it's better than nothing.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    I am having it also, after a couple of days and still no resolution, I clicked on the message, got the invalid and contacted an admin, still waiting on a response.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Was going to put up a question when I saw it's already posted. It's pretty annoying because I have to go back through the pages to 'view' my liked posts to delete the notification.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Apparently, liking someone's posts, and then "undoing" the like before they can see their liked posts, the notification will not go away.
    At least, on my end, it's not going away. >.>

edit...
    but if the one who liked and undid the like of your post will [like] it again, and you see it, the notification will finally go byebye~

I think, if I'm not the only one who's going to have this problem, the method's going to be a nice little trolling act...

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I would like to confirm and reinforce the above post (hi destinedjagold!)

So I had one of those notifications that wouldn't go away, and its stuck around for quite some time. And the first thing I thought was aww lame this sucks now I have to deal with this phantom "like".

But just now, I got a like on that same post. I checked it out, and both notifications vanished. I no longer have some random notification hanging around. So I'm throwing it out there for others. Getting a "like" on the same post, even after days, will eliminate the phantom notification.

Years
    It seems to me that whenever a person likes a post, and then unlikes it, the notification stays there and it's impossible to take it away. I'm getting this error now too.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    Back again, don't know if it's related but I have it in my UCP set to where if I get any kind of message from here whether it be a PM, some one replied to a thread I posted in or a any other type of pop up from my messenger, it does not, I checked my UCP and made sure it was still set that way and it was, but there is at times a message or 2, but no pop ups and nothing in my Yahoo inbox for those either?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I tried liking one of my own posts that have had the like sit there for days no matter what. Now I have two notifications. =/

I think in this case, the fact the thread my post was in got merged with another is to blame.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Just to add on to this, I'm experiencing the same error too. I had a post quoted in the Mod Lounge, which I can no longer view, and it's lingering there infinitely,

Years
    I just got quoted in a thread, but the notification just says "..." after "X quoted you in a thread".

And now it doesn't want to go away.

Sirfetch’d

Thank you so much for fixing this! Had a ton of notifications that I've been wanting to delete and finally got to do so! 8D

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    too many notification threads so i'll use this:

no longer being notified of Visitor Messages. they show up in my User CP, but not the notifications bar.

Back