• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Novus' Pixel Gallery

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Y'ello to all reading this and welcome to my Pixel Gallery, a place for me to showcase my tiles and whatever else I might get up too with those little pixels.

Ok, so down to the actual pixelly goodness which embodies my work. Take a look around and let me know what you liked/didn't like, and suggest what I could do next. Remember though, suggest, we don't want Fox to have to go through another rules rant.

So, without further a-do, I proudly present,
    Novus' Pixel Gallery

My Custom Tileset
    Spoiler:

HGSS Tileset
    Spoiler:

Well thank you for taking a look around and I'll look forward to seeing you back here in the future.
    Remember, C&C is always welcome, as is any suggestions for future pieces

-Novus-​

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
    To create a sprite showcase thread, you need at least four original pieces of pixel art; you should throw two more up before a mod gets here. That said, I like your designs, though the outlines look a little rough on the rounded corners.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Oh right, thanks for the heads up, I'll see if I have anything else to put up quickly lol.

-Novus-

EDIT:
    Ok, I've added two new buildings to the first post and the reason I didn't post them to begin with was they need a colour update first but when I do update them, I'll just re-upload them.

-Novus-

Last edited:

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Nice very nice the mart and center are amazingly done and are infact quite uniwue in design They are deffianatly ones i will be using amazing work

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Thanks Alucus_Of_Borg, it's always good to hear my work's appreciated and good enough to be used.

UPDATE:
    Ok, I wasn't too keen on the colour of the PokeMart roof so I've updated it with a more HGSS colour which I think looks much better. And here it is:
    Novus' Pixel Gallery

Let me know what you think

-Novus-

xXI JOE IXx

I realy like the pallet town house. The pokecenter and pokemart's roofs are the wrong shade on top though. If they where right. They would also be awesome

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Thanks Joe, appreciated, although the shading on the Centre and Mart rooves are what they had on the original FR & LG ones but I'll swicth them round and see what it looks like.

Also, little update on what I'm working on, which is a fancy block of apartments with quite a bit of glass.

Hey all,

UPDATE:
    Ok, so I finished the apartments but at the moment it's only for personal use and so I've blurred it to prevent any theft.

This took me quite a while and it turned out (I think) very well and I really like it. Also a good thing about it is that you can add or take away any floors you want and so make it whatever height you want. Which I find really useful and stops the building being restricted to one size.

I've named it Glossy Glass and here it is:
    Novus' Pixel Gallery

Last edited:
    Years
    We do not deserve the glossy glass one, it's too good just for anyone to get their thieving hands on. >O That one is definitely the best out of them all and I have no criticism on it. Reminds me of the Celadon Dept. XD

The Centre/Mart could do with smoother and more shading (perhaps lighter?) on the bluish bits. The grey bars could do with less shading and the tones occupying more space to make it look less choppy if you get what I mean. But other than that they're great. ^^

I have nothing to say on the rest as I can't see anything wrong with them, keep up the spriting. =D

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Thanks FireBird, it's good to know people like the Glossy Glass building, it took me ages to get it right and it's good to see my work appreciated.

Ok, with the Centre and Mart, I'll take them back to Paint and see what I can do concerning yours and others comments on them.

-Novus-

EDIT:

UPDATE:
    Ok, time for another update, and this time I've created a sort of side on Glossy Glass Building, the kind of which you see in DPPl cities. As with the first Glossy Glass building, you can easily make it different sizes simply by adding more windows etc...

So here is Glossy Glass Side:
    Novus' Pixel Gallery

Again it's blurred to prevent theft.

Let me know what you think.

-Novus-

Last edited:

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
    Thanks FireBird, it's good to know people like the Glossy Glass building, it took me ages to get it right and it's good to see my work appreciated.

Ok, with the Centre and Mart, I'll take them back to Paint and see what I can do concerning yours and others comments on them.

-Novus-

EDIT:

UPDATE:
    Ok, time for another update, and this time I've created a sort of side on Glossy Glass Building, the kind of which you see in DPPl cities. As with the first Glossy Glass building, you can easily make it different sizes simply by adding more windows etc...

So here is Glossy Glass Side:
    Novus' Pixel Gallery

Again it's blurred to prevent theft.

Let me know what you think.

-Novus-
    Nice one dude...i like how you shade them..they look really cool to watch..the colours you picked are cool too...xD

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Thanks Ace, appreciated :)

UPDATE:
    Ok, another update lol, I've got quite a bit done today and have created a nice BIG building to show off and get crit on.
    It's the Glossy Glass building and two Glossy Glass Side buildings put together to form ...

The Plaza
    Novus' Pixel Gallery

Blurred to prevent theft of non-public tile

Ok, I think I'm finished with the Glossy Glass buildings now and will start work on something different, although I might come back and alter the Plaza slightly to make it less like the three buildings stuck together and more like one seperate building.

C&C always appreciated

-Novus-

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Haha, I like a challenge Codec, so let's see what I can come up with.

I think I might try the new Kanto HGSS trees that are seen in the new trailer when entering Pallet Town but I'm not sure yet.

-Novus-

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    My freind you have some serious tallent. I would love to see a full tileset from you seriously ya know houses gyms treas grass city building stuff like that

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Ok then, Alucus, thanks for the support man and I will do a tileset if I have enough spare time after I start College next Monday.

Ok, also I was working on the Tree I mentioned earlier but got a little sidetracked and instead did a revamp of Prof Oak's Lab from FR&LG.

Oak's Lab:
    Novus' Pixel Gallery

Thankfully this one is public and so no need for blurring which I don't like doing but here it is, a revamp of Oak's Lab, perfect for a remake of Pallet along with my Pallet House I've done which you can find in the first post.

So, let me know what you think and thanks for the C&C and support.

-Novus-

Years
    I'm find trouble finding something to be critical about in your tilesets. But as you've pointed out yourself, just a mild touch up to the epic plaza so the buildings are one. ^o^

I look forward to your attempt at the trees.

Oak's Lab: Is seemingly unflawed, the only thing I might be able to suggest is the brightness of the inner tiled roof. Slightly darker so it suits the rim, unless it's meant to look like that? o.o Either way the roof is superb. =O

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    The tiles are amazing, Wolfy. The dimensions are a little weird, but ah, that isn't that important. They are great, congratulations.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Thanks Ray, it's appreciated.

Ok, update time

UPDATE:

Ok, I started this out as a revamp of the Viridian City house from FR & LG but kinda took it a bit further and just let my mind run and this is what I came up with.
    Novus' Pixel Gallery

I like how this one turned out and it works well in a bright flowery kinda place.

So, let me know what you think and any suggestions for future projects are welcome and we'll see what my mind can come up with lol.

-Novus-

Back