• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Now Recruiting] Team Infinity

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Team Infinity
    PokeCommunity Staff Approval Note - This Is The Introduction (See Below):
    Hello! Welcome to the Official Thread of Team Infinity. We are a group of Pokemon ROM hackers dedicated to creating the best Pokemon hacks possible. Our goal is to provide players with a unique experience through our games, we strive to achieve this through mastery of our story writing, graphics design, character development, and gameplay experience. We hope you'll take the time to look through our thread here, and maybe even consider joining! Best wishes,

-Team Infinity:)

Current Members:
    ~Justified~ - Owner, Project Lead & Development Director. Scripting, ASM, Hex Editing, Sprite Inserting, Graphic Artist, Sprite Inserter, Spriter, & Map Editing.
    Yet Another Logical Nerd - Mapper, Banners, Sprite Inserting, & Beta Tester
    BlackStorm20x - Pokemon Inserter (Sprites, Icons, PokeDex Info, etc.)
    DivineCorruption - Writer, Beta Tester
    Xfinity - Story Writer/Editor [Potential Mapper]
    BlazikenXY - Beta Tester [Potential Writer]
    ScottyBoyyy - Writer
    Qscar-69 - Writer
    epicassassin1811 - Graphic Design, Banners
    Yvtq8K3n - Scripting and Mapping (Possibly Some ASM)
    trenhoj - Beta Tester
    Cadeorade5 - Beta Tester
    (Application Pending) jzjared - CSS Coding for the Main Thread
    ThatChickWithNoLife - Writer, Beta Tester
    Anonyboy - Tile Inserting/Sprite Inserting
    mariosmentor - Writer, Beta Tester
    DarkenedEclipse - BetaTester (Possibly Some Scripting)
    monkeyboy0 - Writer, Beta Tester

Available Positions:

-Writers (Someone to Help Write the Storyline, Give Input and Feedback, and Fill In Small Details)
    -Mappers No Longer Needed
    -Scripters
    -Titlescreen Editor
    -Tile Inserters
    -Spriters
    -Someone To Insert New Sprites
    -A Graphic Artist Who Can Create Userbars, Logos, & Banners
    -Someone Who Can Create CSS For This Thread
    -Debuggers
    -Someone Who Can Edit the HP Bars
    -Beta Testers

Current Projects:
    Pokemon (TBD) Version

Story: When a young trainer wanders into a cave while helping with the professor's research, they set in motion the first in a series of events foretold by an ancient prophecy. (Note: Much of this story's details are still being written at this very moment, this will be expanded on as more details are added)

Features: (Marked with an asterisk* indicates that feature has already been implemented)

-Some Gen 4-5 Pokemon (Maybe Some Generation 6 Pokemon If I Find Some Decent Sprites)
    -New Abilities from Generations 4-6*
    -New Moves from Generations 4-6*
    -New Items from Generations 4-6*
    -Decapitilization*
    -Fairy Type*
    -BW2 Repel System (No More Going Into Your Bag Every Time You Need to Use a New Repel!)*
    -A Unique Storyline With Interesting Characters, Surprises, & Side Quests
    -Updated Graphics (New Sprites, HP Bars, Battle Backgrounds, etc.)
    -Multiple Pokemon from Different Regions
    -Post Game
    -No More Trade Evolutions
    -...and much more!

*More Features Will Be Added to the List As The Game Nears Completion*

Two Sideshow Hacks Will Be Announced Soon!

Application Form:

Forum Username: (Your Name As It Appears On the PokeCommunity Forums)
    Nicknames or Aliases: (This is completely optional and not required to become part of the team, if you do choose a nickname people are not required to call you by that and you must make it appropriate for all ages.
    Skill(s): (Your ROM Hacking Abilities, Only List What You Can Prove You Can Do)
    Position(s) You're Applying For: (There is no limit to how many positions you may choose, just be sure to list all of the ones you are applying for)
    Past Experience(s): (Any previous ROM Hacks You've worked on or other projects related to Pokemon ROM Hacking)
    Contact Information: Most of the time we'll be using PokeCommunity Private Messages to communicate, as well as this thread. However, sometimes we may need to use an e-mail address to communicate. Feel free to provide one here, if you do not want to, however, you are not required to, it is purely a recommendation. This is completely optional, and you may choose to provide one later if you wish.
    Time Zone: (Pretty simple, what time zone are you in?)
    Written Oath: (Doesn't have to be long, just a sentence/paragraph stating that you vow not to steal, redistribute, edit, or profit off of Team Infinity and Magic Guard's work. This includes our written ideas as well.
    Other/Personal Comments: Anything that doesn't fit into the above areas. This can be left blank if you so choose.

*Note: You will (most likely) be asked for proof of work when applying, feel free to include this into your original post as it makes everything easier. Also remember that we are not obligated to accept you, it all depends on our current needs for any particular skill. If we already have three or more mappers on the team, chances are that we aren't looking to hire new mappers at that moment in time. If your skill has been filled, you are free to apply for another position.

*All PokeCommunity & ROM Hacking Rules Apply*
    Oh, and don't forget to vote for the team name in the poll!:)

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Yes! I'm the first!

Forum Username: Logical Cabbage

Skills: Mostly Mapping, Inserting Pokemon Icons/Sprites, Changing stats of Pokemon, and a bit of scripting.

Positions Applying For: Creating Banners, Mapper, Someone to insert new sprites, and being a Beta Tester.

Past Experiences: Pokemon Magma

Contact Info: Via PM or from my email, [email protected]

Written Oath:

I vow upon our Team Infinity,

To not plagiarize
    To not steal
    To not profit off from thee
    To not rip off written ideas
    To not edit it and claim it as my own
    To stay truthful
    To show honor
    To be dedicated
    To show teamwork
    To do my job

I, Logical Cabbage, take upon a great responsibility to honor Team Infinity and promise to do as I am told.

Last edited:

~Justified~

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Yes! I'm the first!

Forum Username: Logical Cabbage

Skills: Mostly Mapping, Inserting Pokemon Icons/Sprites, Changing stats of Pokemon, and a bit of scripting.

Positions Applying For: Creating Banners, Mapper, Someone to insert new sprites, and being a Beta Tester.

Past Experiences: Pokemon Magma

Contact Info: Via PM or from my email, [email protected]

Written Oath:

I vow upon our Team Infinity,

To not plagiarize
    To not steal
    To not profit off from thee
    To not rip off written ideas
    To not edit it and claim it as my own
    To stay truthful
    To show honor
    To be dedicated
    To show teamwork
    To do my job

I, Logical Cabbage, take upon a great responsibility to honor Team Infinity and promise to do as I am told.

Yay! First member!:D
    I'll add you to the member list soon. Meanwhile if you have any examples or proof of your work, feel free to post that. It's not required though.

I'll start getting some work ready for you as well.

Btw do you have any examples of the banners you can make? Just wondering so I can get a small idea of what banners we could do for this thread:)

~Justified~

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Dang. I was gonna apply. Guess there's no need since Logical Cabbage is doing my skill. Hope the rom hack goes great though! ;)

Thanks!:)
    You're still welcome to apply for a position, there's not really a specified limit to how many people I need for each skill so feel free to apply if you want to:)

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • Forum Username: BlackStorm20x
    Nicknames or Aliases: BlackStorm
    Skill(s): Pokemon Inserter (Includes Sprites, Party Icons, PokeDex info, etc.
    Position(s) You're Applying For: Pokemon Inserter (Includes Sprites, Party Icons, PokeDex info, etc.)
    Past Experience(s): Pokemon Modified Fire Red (Now cancelled though.) http://www.mediafire.com/watch/7fxy1gj4nb8ty7q/yoyoyoyoy.wmv (I used this to apply for another team, but he hasn't said anything, so ignore the ending and such.)
    Contact Information: [email protected]
    Time Zone: Central Standard Time (CST)
    Written Oath:

I, BlackStorm20x, vow that I shall:

Not plagiarize
    Not steal
    Not profit off from thee
    Not rip off written ideas
    Not edit it and claim it as my own
    To stay truthful
    To show honor
    To be dedicated
    To show teamwork
    To do my job
    If I do so, I shall be expelled from Team Infinity
    Other/Personal Comments: I used what Logical Cabbage said cause I felt the same way. I hope you accept me to help make this AWESOME rom hack. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2015
    Forum Username: Tronmaster
    Skill(s):Mapping
    Position(s) Mapper
    Past Experience(s): My personal proyect,havent posted it here yet
    Contact Information:Mp,Facebook,Skype
    Time Zone: GMt
    Proof of work:http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c...bujo2_by_guillegetino-d6wmq6s_zpsda0682b3.png
    Written Oath:

I tronmaster vow that i shall
    Not plagiarize
    Not steal
    Not profit off from thee
    To stay truthful
    To show honor
    To be dedicated
    To show teamwork
    To do my job

Sorrry i forgot to put it

Last edited:

~Justified~

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Forum Username: BlackStorm20x
    Nicknames or Aliases: BlackStorm
    Skill(s): Pokemon Inserter (Includes Sprites, Party Icons, PokeDex info, etc.
    Position(s) You're Applying For: Pokemon Inserter (Includes Sprites, Party Icons, PokeDex info, etc.)
    Past Experience(s): Pokemon Modified Fire Red (Now cancelled though.) http://www.mediafire.com/watch/7fxy1gj4nb8ty7q/yoyoyoyoy.wmv (I used this to apply for another team, but he hasn't said anything, so ignore the ending and such.)
    Contact Information: [email protected]
    Time Zone: Central Standard Time (CST)
    Written Oath:

I, BlackStorm20x, vow that I shall:

Not plagiarize
    Not steal
    Not profit off from thee
    To stay truthful
    To show honor
    To be dedicated
    To show teamwork
    To do my job
    Other/Personal Comments: I used what Logical Cabbage said cause I felt the same way. I hope you accept me to help make this AWESOME rom hack. :)

Accepted. Thanks for applying to Team Infnity, we're glad to have you!:)
    I was actually helping with Pokemon Modified FireRed but due to some bad issues with my computer not working I had to leave the team, when I finally got everything working again, I saw the hack was cancelled so I was unable to offer my services again. Wish I could've contacted the creator before he cancelled the hack, it was a good idea:/

Anyway, since you applied to insert Pokemon, you won't need to submit any proof of work. Right now the main current project is still being prepared for distribution among the team, but it should be ready soon. I have other projects planned for the projects list as well, mostly just sideshow hacks, but those will be announced soon. Glad to have you on the team, let me know if you have any questions!:)

Forum Username: Tronmaster
    Skill(s):Mapping
    Position(s) Mapper
    Past Experience(s): My personal project,haven't posted it here yet
    Contact Information:Mp,Facebook,Skype
    Time Zone: GMT
    Written Oath:

I tronmaster vow that i shall
    Not plagiarize
    Not steal
    Not profit off from thee
    To stay truthful
    To show honor
    To be dedicated
    To show teamwork
    To do my job

Edit: Welcome to the team, tronmaster:)

-Magic Guard:)

Last edited:

DivineCorruption

Lord of Corruption
    Years
  • Forum Username: surf fly strength(I personally hate this troll name, will be DivineCorruption soon, may turn to cellgoondude, most likely not tho)
    Nicknames or Aliases: cellgoondude(cell, cellgoon), Dark, Zexos, Zex, Alex, Real, and Akuma
    Skill(s): Hmm, oh that? I'm new. I'm somewhat a coder, but that's it. If you wanna see my story I just came up with for a new ROM beginning is in my signature.
    Position(s) You're Applying For: Writer(All of them, but Main Story is my favorite :D), Beta Tester
    Past Experience(s): Again. New. All I have is writing some good stories.
    Contact Information: Yeah... Not yet.
    Time Zone: PST, Pacific US
    Written Oath:
    I will KO plagiarizers.
    I will KO profiteers.
    I will not edit wrongly, redistribute, or use it in any other work.
    I will be honorful, truthful, and OP on this project.
    Unless AP classes kill me, I will be dedicated and show teamwork. This does not mean I will forgive repeated idiocy.
    I do swear on my life in Team Infinity I will abide by these rules.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2017
    Forum Username: Xfinity

Skill(s): Story Writing, Text Editing, and some mapping. Also I am great when it comes to grammar.

You're Applying For: Story Writer/Editor, Text Editor [Potentially, Mapper]

Past Experience(s): Story from Pokemon Shadow Version, (Currently in production, message me and I will send you the story for you to read over. *The story is slightly edited by the creator, but it is 95% mine.

Contact Information: E-Mail and Texting, will have to message me for details though.

Time Zone: Mountain.

Written Oath: I will not steal, redistribute, or copy anything from this pokemon rom hack, whatsoever.

Other/Personal Comments: I wish to help in any way possible when it comes to story, text editing, and mapping. I will try to do whatever possible to help in the creation of this game.

Years
  • Forum Username: BlazikenXY
    Nicknames or Aliases: Blaziken
    Skill(s): Basic Scripting
    Position(s): Beta tester (totally different with my hacking skills)
    Past experience: With what? With scripting or beta testing? Okay, with beta testing? None, sorry!
    Contact Information: Just Pm me!
    Time Zone: UTC +8
    Written Oath:

I will not, with any cost, copy or steal any things that Magic Guard or Team Infinity made.

~Justified~

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Oh wow, I've been so busy I forgot to review the applications .-. Sorry about that.
    Internet is being really slow lately too, so it may take me a little longer than usual to reply sometimes. Hopefully I can fix it though.

Anyway, I see I've got a few applications to go over so I think I'll do that now:)

It took me forever to post this because I could not figure out how to quote multiple posts lol but I got it.

Forum Username: surf fly strength(I personally hate this troll name, will be DivineCorruption soon, may turn to cellgoondude, most likely not tho)
    Nicknames or Aliases: cellgoondude(cell, cellgoon), Dark, Zexos, Zex, Alex, Real, and Akuma
    Skill(s): Hmm, oh that? I'm new. I'm somewhat a coder, but that's it. If you wanna see my story I just came up with for a new ROM beginning is in my signature.
    Position(s) You're Applying For: Writer(All of them, but Main Story is my favorite :D), Beta Tester
    Past Experience(s): Again. New. All I have is writing some good stories.
    Contact Information: Yeah... Not yet.
    Time Zone: PST, Pacific US
    Written Oath:
    I will KO plagiarizers.
    I will KO profiteers.
    I will not edit wrongly, redistribute, or use it in any other work.
    I will be honorful, truthful, and OP on this project.
    Unless AP classes kill me, I will be dedicated and show teamwork. This does not mean I will forgive repeated idiocy.
    I do swear on my life in Team Infinity I will abide by these rules.

Accepted. Glad to see a writer here, was hoping to see someone apply for that position because I've been stuck on writing some parts of the story lately. Don't worry about the contact info, it's optional. Only reason I put it there was because sometimes it's easier to contact people through email than through PokeCommunity.

My username is also changing too so don't be surprised if you see a new username hosting the thread lol XD

Welcome to Team Infinity!:)

Next application..

Forum Username: Xfinity

Skill(s): Story Writing, Text Editing, and some mapping. Also I am great when it comes to grammar.

You're Applying For: Story Writer/Editor, Text Editor [Potentially, Mapper]

Past Experience(s): Story from Pokemon Shadow Version, (Currently in production, message me and I will send you the story for you to read over. *The story is slightly edited by the creator, but it is 95% mine.

Contact Information: E-Mail and Texting, will have to message me for details though.

Time Zone: Mountain.

Written Oath: I will not steal, redistribute, or copy anything from this pokemon rom hack, whatsoever.

Other/Personal Comments: I wish to help in any way possible when it comes to story, text editing, and mapping. I will try to do whatever possible to help in the creation of this game.

Accepted. About the contact information, I most likely won't need to contact you outside of PokeCommunity, unless I can't access it. Wouldn't need to text you, E-mail would be perfectly fine but like I said it is unlikely that I'd need it so don't worry about that for now.

Next application...

Forum Username: BlazikenXY
    Nicknames or Aliases: Blaziken
    Skill(s): Basic Scripting
    Position(s): Beta tester (totally different with my hacking skills)
    Past experience: With what? With scripting or beta testing? Okay, with beta testing? None, sorry!
    Contact Information: Just Pm me!
    Time Zone: UTC +8
    Written Oath:

I will not, with any cost, copy or steal any things that Magic Guard or Team Infinity made.

Accepted. Beta testers won't be needed for a while as the hack hasn't really been started yet but I'll contact you when the first beta is ready. In the meantime, feel free to check back on our progress, and give us any input or suggestions you may have!

Here are the positions you are accepted for:
    surf fly strength - Writer, Beta Tester
    Xfinity - Story Writer/Editor (If you are interested in mapping just send me a quick example map so I can get an idea of your work)
    BlazikenXY - Beta Tester

I will add all of you to the member list soon. Meanwhile, I'll be working on some assignments for the story writers.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Okay so now that that's all done, I'm nearly done with the story draft and I'll post it here soon for the other writers to look at and begin their additions and edits. I also am creating some assignments for the writers to work on, and (of course) you'll have plenty of creative freedom with these assignments. I'll post everything here soon!:)

Glad to have you guys! Let me know if there are any questions.

~Justified~

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    BlazikenXY, you are welcome to help with the writing if you would like to.

Everyone else, even if you aren't a writer, you can provide feedback and suggestions for the writers.

I see our name changes have gone through! Now that the name changes are taken care of I will add you guys to the list. I also have the game's current story synopsis here, please (writers) feel free to take a look at this, and edit it as you see fit. Please mark the changes with a red font color so I can keep track of the changes, and when applicable, provide reasons for your changes. Keep in mind that not every single change will be accepted, they will require a majority opinion or approval of the owner before hand. Don't restrain yourself, provide any and every suggestion that you can think of that would be beneficial to the game and it's storyline. I look forward to seeing your edits and ideas, if you have any questions just let me know!

-Magic Guard :)

Current Synopsis
    Spoiler:

EDIT: Just so you guys know, I changed "Mappers" to no longer needed. This does not mean I do not need any of our current mappers to offer their services anymore, it just means that the mapper position is full so we don't need anyone to apply for that position anymore. We're still working with our current mappers. Just wanted to clarify:)

Last edited:

DivineCorruption

Lord of Corruption
    Years
  • In a small, unassuming village south of the Sylvanwood Forest, a young Pokemon Trainer has been called to aid the professor. This Pokemon Trainer has recently graduated from the (Infi) region's very own Trainer Academy, and is ready to become a full-time Pokemon Trainer. The professor has been a close friend of this trainer for many years, serving as his/her mother figure since the passing of his/her parents, and she is reluctant to draw him away from pursuing his/her dreams, but she knows that there are more important matters at hand. The professor has called together a team of experts each specializing in different areas of research. Among these researchers are the former Hoenn champion, Steven Stone, and Pryce, the Mahogany Gym Leader from Johto (who is now a renown researcher of weather patterns and precipitation). The professor has called these two researchers, and a few more, to discover the reasons for the catastrophic events taking place across the region, and to stop it however they can. The player character is unsure whether or not they should help the professor, but knowing he/she owes a lot to her, they decide to go along with it for the time being.

Did some spell check, added some things(i.e. check region name), suggestion for Professor Name: Cypress. Go crazy.

Spoiler:

~Justified~

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    @DivineCorruption I like your ideas for the cave and the spirits of Pokemon inside. I think that would be a great starting point for the game's research into the natural disasters that are occurring throughout the region. I don't necessarily want the other characters to turn on each other as they will form the core group of researchers and will play a big part in the story together, & I probably won't be able to add Shauntal because of the difficulties there would be in doing so. I do really like the other ideas though, I've expanded a little further on that spirit cave idea. See the spoiler below. If you can, try to highlight your changes with a red font so I can find them easier in the future.

There are extra assignments in the spoiler btw:3

Spoiler:

Thanks!

-Magic guard:)

Last edited:

DivineCorruption

Lord of Corruption
    Years
  • @DivineCorruption I like your ideas for the cave and the spirits of Pokemon inside. I think that would be a great starting point for the game's research into the natural disasters that are occurring throughout the region. I don't necessarily want the other characters to turn on each other as they will form the core group of researchers and will play a big part in the story together, & I probably won't be able to add Shauntal because of the difficulties there would be in doing so. I do really like the other ideas though, I've expanded a little further on that spirit cave idea. See the spoiler below. If you can, try to highlight your changes with a red font so I can find them easier in the future.

There are extra assignments in the spoiler btw:3

Spoiler:

Thanks!

-Magic guard:)

Ok next time quote me so I can actually get a notification. Anyways I thought you could add Shauntal in since some Gen V sprites would be easy for our team but w/e. Anyways 2 questions: 1. How many researchers? That is kind of important. 2. Why do we still have to fight Gym Leaders? We can make it a different type of checkpoint in our journey(I understand he wants to be a trainer but still). He could battle the Pokemon and their underlings who were released and held the Gym Leaders hostage or something. I think a 10 of them maybe Divine 1, Corrupted 8, Devil 1.
    Major Story Spoiler as to what I would LIKE to do.
    Spoiler:

For now, I'll wait for your reply before writing, but here's the deal with the characters.
    You can name your rival(maybe) but here's Xevos/Seral(M/F Rival) Valas(Oh hai Wally.)
    Xevos/Seral - Your "cousin"(Cypress's nephew/niece) who always outperformed you in everything except Pokemon. Determined to beat you he/she helps out to find out what happened in the Infi region.
    Valas - A mysterious traveler who doesn't rely on his Pokemon to win battles(mind tricks make him win as in talking). He has a strange accent and is shrouded in mystery.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2015
    Name: ScottyBoyyy
    Nicknames/Aliases: I prefer Faville (Its my last name), Scotty will do tho
    Skill(s): Writing. It's one of my hobbies. I like drawing, dunno if that helps, I'm pretty sure I'm a terrible drawer. I like it anyway. Don't diss. Also I'm a good PR guy.
    Position(s) I am applying for: Writer, PR Guy (if you ever need one)
    Past experience: minimal. I just signed on with Pokemon Sunshine/Moonlight, as a writer, but that's all my experience. In PR, I'm a relatively nice guy. It comes naturally to me :D.
    Contact info: just message me. I do texting, email and a couple of IM apps.
    Time zone: New Zealand Standard Time GMT +12
    Written oath:
    I swear on my life and all that's Pokemon that I shall not plagiarize, illegally distribute or copy any info concerning this ROM hack.

Back