• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[NOW RECRUTING] Pokemon Hourglass

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    ROM BASE Pokemon Firered Version (U)

Introduction
    I have really always wanted to make a rom hack, but i'm not very skilled at mapping or programming. My limited amount of skills has held me back from making the rom hack of my dreams. So, i'm looking for a team that can help me do just that. Together with this "team" i want to make a pokemon hack on the level of Pokemon Light Platinum and Pokemon glazed

STORY.
    Pokemon Hourglass is located in the region of Panju, a region with culture so rich you can taste it. Panju is in its golden age until the evil team Epoch steals the proffesors latest invention, the time machine, which would be used to study ancient pokemon. Team Epoch's goal is to gather strong prehistoric pokemon, defeat all protagonists (red,gold,brendan,may,dawn,black,white, and you), and rule the world. Now its up to you, the player to stop them before its too late.

Planned Features
    -New Region
    -New Characters
    -Return of old characters
    -Multiple rivals
    -Revamped Pokemon Sprites
    - More Prehistoric Pokemon
    -Time Travel
    - Day/night system
    - Awesome Post Game
    - Pokemon from Gens 4+5

Application Form
    Skills-
    Past Experience-
    Proof of skill-
    Skype Username-
    Additonal Info-

Skills Needed
    -Mappers
    -Scripters
    -Beta Testers
    - Etc.

Progress
    Story- 25%
    Sprites-5%
    Dialouge-0%
    Scripting-0%
    Maps-4%

Current Team Members
    -Ptkinged
    - Viscacha (2nd in Command, Mapper, Battle Scripter)
    - PhazonRuler (Composer)
    -TanayChitre (Scripter)

Screenshots!
    First Town in the Game, Yuki Town!

SKILLS WE NEED
    SCRIPTER
    SPRITE MAKER
    TILE MAKER

Signature Banners for PKMN. Hourglass
    7q7RvGU.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2015
    I can hype this on my youtube channel. I would love to help your mapping and balancing. Contact me at [email protected] if you need any creativity, I'll get back to you whenever I can. Sorry for the shakieness in my position but as the hack solidifies I'll find my niche. If you're not okay with this my main job usually is balancing (except for that buterfree)

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
    Years
  • Skills- Mostly mapping, I can script too but I am not at the point of being able to script large events yet (not that skilled in scripting).
    Past Experience- I have been learning rom-hacking for around 2 years now, with breaks in between.
    Proof of skill-
    Spoiler:

Skype Username-I will send you my skype in a PM ;)
    Additonal Info- None

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    I can hype this on my youtube channel. I would love to help your mapping and balancing. Contact me at [email protected] if you need any creativity, I'll get back to you whenever I can. Sorry for the shakieness in my position but as the hack solidifies I'll find my niche. If you're not okay with this my main job usually is balancing (except for that buterfree)
    If I could see some of your work with mapping that would be awesome!

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    Skills- Mostly mapping, I can script too but I am not at the point of being able to script large events yet (not that skilled in scripting).
    Past Experience- I have been learning rom-hacking for around 2 years now, with breaks in between.
    Proof of skill-
    Spoiler:

Skype Username-I will send you my skype in a PM ;)
    Additonal Info- None

The Mapping looks great, accepted!!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2015
    If I could see some of your work with mapping that would be awesome!

So sorry I was being rude yesterday, this laptop gives me trouble though and I can't get any map pictures. I do technically have a video of a map where I changed the look of emerald a little bit but it was a nuzlocke so not much time was spent on that. I see you have found a mapper so I would be happy to come on as a anything really if you have an opening I'll se what I can do to show you some work on it. I would also love to help you with the story if you need it. I'll also try to make some sprites on this laptop. Send me a PM if you come up with a job. If this is rude I'm sorry.

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    So sorry I was being rude yesterday, this laptop gives me trouble though and I can't get any map pictures. I do technically have a video of a map where I changed the look of emerald a little bit but it was a nuzlocke so not much time was spent on that. I see you have found a mapper so I would be happy to come on as a anything really if you have an opening I'll se what I can do to show you some work on it. I would also love to help you with the story if you need it. I'll also try to make some sprites on this laptop. Send me a PM if you come up with a job. If this is rude I'm sorry.
    It's Fine. If you could list the skills you are best at that would be great, at the moment the main skills i'm looking for are people who can do sprites and scripters :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2015
    My spriting exists but isn't the best so don't rely on me my main skills are story, coming up with pointless NPC chat that comes off as interesting, and balancing the wild and trainer pokemon and moves.

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    UPDATE!
    First Town- Yuki Town is nearing completion!

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2014
    Name: Jordan
    Email: [email protected]
    Time Zone: GMT +2
    Skills: I think many things, and I can learn fast how to use tools, but I think the major skills are, map editing and sprite editing, but of course I can look into other things and tools.
    Past Experience: It's been a while ago, but I used to edit maps a lot, too bad I can't use my unity skills for pokemon hacks haha
    Skype Username: if I'm in the team, then I can PM you my skype

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    Name: Jordan
    Email: [email protected]
    Time Zone: GMT +2
    Skills: I think many things, and I can learn fast how to use tools, but I think the major skills are, map editing and sprite editing, but of course I can look into other things and tools.
    Past Experience: It's been a while ago, but I used to edit maps a lot, too bad I can't use my unity skills for pokemon hacks haha
    Skype Username: if I'm in the team, then I can PM you my skype
    What kind of sprites can you do?

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    I love to be apart of this hack i can help with some of the scripting and mapping and if you let me make the trainers harder than normal. Please let me know if you will give me a shoot. Please the little bits count

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    I love to be apart of this hack i can help with some of the scripting and mapping and if you let me make the trainers harder than normal. Please let me know if you will give me a shoot. Please the little bits count
    That sounds awesome! PM your skype to me!

I do tiles and characters, but only the pixel art.
    If you can do trainer sprites and overworld sprites, you are accepted!

Last edited:

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    I can do basic scripting such as talking scripts, gym battles, and trainers. I also can be of use for inserting new pokemon unless you can do that yourself. I map as well but I see that someone else has taken that role already.
    Awesome! You will have the job of scripting trainers/gym battles, also inserting the prehistoric pokemon!

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    I am now looking for people who are experienced in event scripting!

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    May I ask what game you are using as a base for this hack because I might be interested. I like the plan of all the protagonists being in one game.

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    May I ask what game you are using as a base for this hack because I might be interested. I like the plan of all the protagonists being in one game.
    I'm using Fire red, are you interested?

Back